Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Mike Wang mentioned on Twitter that a shot tweak will be arriving this morning for NBA 2K16, making green releases easier on high percentage shots, along with a slight hit for contested three pointers.

Quote:
Shooting update going out late tonight that should make it slightly easier to get greens on open shots.

One (hopefully) last shot tweak 2AM PST. Easier greens on high % shots & slight hit to contested 3's. Curious to read everyone's feedback.

Play a few games and let us know what you're seeing.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The 24th Letter @ 03/15/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Haven't played yet but you guys are telling me he changed the shooting once again lol? The shooting was fine but if he lowered it to back how it was before all the updates and left the midrange alone, great.

Bottom line though, someone needs to take charge of that room because it's obvious Mike can't help himself. It's sad how much the shootings been changed in just a few weeks.
He hasn't confirmed any shooting changes. I don't think he's changing it as much as people think either.

That's the problem with not keeping us posted though...there should be a definite log.

Because what happens is everytime someone has an off game, or their opponent has an on game they will assume shooting has been tweaked.

Even when Mike said he reverted everything after the initial switch, people wers still saying they were lighting it up with greens that same day...

It starts to mess with your head after a while, lol

# 62 Jrocc23 @ 03/15/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
He hasn't confirmed any shooting changes. I don't think he's changing it as much as people think either.

That's the problem with not keeping us posted though...there should be a definite log.

Because what happens is everytime someone has an off game, or their opponent has an on game they will assume shooting has been tweaked.

Even when Mike said he reverted everything after the initial switch, people wers still saying they were lighting it up with greens that same day...

It starts to mess with your head after a while, lol

I haven't played but I usually could tell right off the bat. I mean it's kind of super obvious to me for the most part. He's changed it like 4-5 times in the last few weeks. I know for sure he went +5 from 3. Lowered it to where it and midrange was bad. Upped it again and possibly just lowered it again but I haven't played to be sure. To me that's a lot of times to be changing in just a few weeks.

I agree he should keep a log and I also feel it does mess w/ a lot of people's head because they are missing a few shots or possibly get hot one game. But I believe it's also some people that can easily tell with a good amount of shots if the shooting has been changed. I think the park might can tell you better than any other mode.

# 63 Beluba @ 03/15/16 12:53 PM
Nothing has changed. The last tweak was the one I tweeted about on March 8th. And I have no plans to make any more.

# 64 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 03/15/16 12:56 PM
Cool but Something was updated at the main menu screen wonder what that was ....

# 65 Jrocc23 @ 03/15/16 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Cool but Something was updated at the main menu screen wonder what that was ....

I believe they should do a better job at telling people what has been updated.

# 66 PPerfect_CJ @ 03/15/16 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I believe they should do a better job at telling people what has been updated.
Exactly. If they want to quell "hidden patch" thoughts, then it would be a good idea to tell us every time just what has been updated. If it's just a roster, that's one thing, but when it feels like the GAME has changed, that's another.

# 67 The 24th Letter @ 03/15/16 01:51 PM
Don't think every game update message means the entire structure of the game has changed but maybe Mike could let us know how that works and put some at ease...

Also Mike, corrrect me if I'm wrong, but did you mention shooting tweaks could be tweaked on/offline separately? They have seemed to go hand in hand so far...

# 68 Beluba @ 03/15/16 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't think every game update message means the entire structure of the game has changed but maybe Mike could let us know how that works and put some at ease...

Also Mike, corrrect me if I'm wrong, but did you mention shooting tweaks could be tweaked on/offline separately? They have seemed to go hand in hand so far...
The game update message could mean a number of things, but 99% of the time, it just means the official 2K roster was updated, which Stauffer does pretty much every day.

Some aspects of shooting can be tweaked separately between offline/online, but much of the system is interconnected. My most recent tweaks would have affected both.

# 69 BaselineBakes @ 03/15/16 02:14 PM
Played a ton of pro am yesterday and thought the shooting was really well done. My previous beef was the lack of shooting ability taken away somewhere along the line was creating a game type that was just lead passing into the paint over and over because it was the most efficient way to score. (Speaking from a pro-am mostly 5 users vs 5 users perspective here)

This alleviated those issues to me by simply just opening up the floor due to the players ability to hit from the outside. Game flows well right now and you can win with multiple styles. The two 7'3 center lineup is at a disadvantage right now because of the reemergence of the stretch four that can shoot. Props to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 70 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 03/15/16 02:22 PM
Just a few bad games from me then . Thanks for clearing that up.

# 71 nba2kpdx @ 03/15/16 03:54 PM
3pt shooting feels perfect now. The risk/reward for passing up a good shot for a wide open one is dialed in.

# 72 hanzsomehanz @ 03/15/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Nothing has changed. The last tweak was the one I tweeted about on March 8th. And I have no plans to make any more.
Maybe some recent changes had some unintended outcomes as everyone in code is interwoven.

I can feel and see the difference since logging some time on Park this morning. Comparing today in Park for shot success versus yesterday before 5am: there is a stark difference.

I'm seeing people flop after open looks because they are shocked at the clank and or shot grade they just witnessed.

It may not have been intended but I'd be naive to believe "nothing" changed - something definitely led to the success rate on open looks being dialed down.

When I get back on this evening I'll be able to verify again how different or the same shooting feels in Park.

It's also more than coincidence that everyone here has given their report based on their experience after 5am ET of Tue Mar 15. Prior to this date and time there was not even a whisper of feeling a change in shot success and shot grades.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 73 hanzsomehanz @ 03/15/16 10:03 PM
Feels normalized again ... my 3s squad just hit about 6 3s almost all green

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 74 Goffs @ 03/17/16 10:17 PM
I liked the park better when shots weren't 100% in. Now it's dribble dribble with a hand on the face and money.

I think I'm done for this year....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

# 75 Vroman @ 03/18/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I liked the park better when shots weren't 100% in. Now it's dribble dribble with a hand on the face and money.

Also defending in paint a lot more frustrating with most constant layups going in and , at least for me, its way harder to force inside center into contact shot preventing easy dunks.

Shooting in park is about 90% similar to 2k15 patch 4 now. Where is reduction on contest 3pt rate, all i see them going in more frequently in both pro am and park.

# 76 ILLSmak @ 03/18/16 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs

been done. It's not about winning... it's just not fun. I'd watch bball and get on and ball cuz I was feeling it and it was dark outside. But then you see how everyone plays the exact same way and none of it feels like real ball. Getting Ws vs the scrubby cheesers is fun for awhile, but it's also frustrating when they luck out and get a W and spam taunt you like they are dabess.

-Smak

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.