Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN has posted another MLB The Show 16 livestream (archive here). This one features Ramone and Lance going over the Conquest and Battle Royale modes. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jm2054 @ 03/09/16 09:05 PM
Wait so why did they pay for bonds likeness but not his actual name?

# 22 Russell_SCEA @ 03/09/16 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
The CF scoreboard at Camden looks really washed out, it is not lit up at all. Definitely a step backwards from last year, if it remains this way. I know some washed-out scoreboard graphics were pointed out before too, I believe in the other case it was from a day game at Yankee Stadium.

I wouldn't worry about that being an issue on a retail disc.

# 23 Russell_SCEA @ 03/09/16 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Wait so why did they pay for bonds likeness but not his actual name?
Barry Bonds isn't in the game i don't know what you guys are talking about.

# 24 mkilcNYR @ 03/09/16 09:40 PM
At least from this video the players look incredibly realistic. Closer to looking like a person than a cartoon or anything. Played the Rays as a franchise in 15 and the difference between those models and these seems like a large gap. Could just be the fact that I haven't played that franchise in a while but still blown away by them

# 25 jm2054 @ 03/09/16 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Sorry gotta be careful one of those lawyers don't see this and make a fuss

I look forward to using Stocker though.

PS are Prime Arod and Nolan Ryan draft able in Battle Royale?

# 26 tree3five @ 03/09/16 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Is Reggie Stocker the Marlin's hitting coach as well?

# 27 AceAmy @ 03/09/16 10:13 PM
annoying that playing conquest mode you cant have full broadcast mode.

Also a ball hitting the pitcher again hope thats more rare this year.

# 28 Cowboy008 @ 03/09/16 10:17 PM
Since your first time playing BR is free I guess I'll play it once to get a free card pack.

# 29 Spokker @ 03/09/16 10:22 PM
I heard on the stream you get tickets for playing any mode. Or did they mean stubs?

For the missions, I only saw Diamond Dynasty missions. Are there franchise, RTTS, etc. missions?

# 30 Knight165 @ 03/09/16 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
Barry Bonds is not part of the MLB Players Association, so they just used a different name, so they dont have to pay money to use his name i guess. I just found this: Video game companies can get around not having Bonds by featuring a player with a lot of power on the Giants, but without using Bonds' name or number.

Oh...you're serious!
(I think)

M.K.
Knight165

# 31 jm2054 @ 03/09/16 11:13 PM
Quote:
Barry Bonds is not part of the MLB Players Association, so they just used a different name, so they dont have to pay money to use his name i guess. I just found this: Video game companies can get around not having Bonds by featuring a player with a lot of power on the Giants, but without using Bonds' name or number.
You do know that's the game developer right? I'm pretty sure he knows that lol and so do the rest of us. He legally has to say that Stocker isn't bonds

# 32 jm2054 @ 03/09/16 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
I heard on the stream you get tickets for playing any mode. Or did they mean stubs?

For the missions, I only saw Diamond Dynasty missions. Are there franchise, RTTS, etc. missions?
You will get stubs and tickets for playing any mode the missions are only DD related. Captain missions reward tickets where as other missions like team collections and runs scored earn varying rewards like flashbacks and packs.

# 33 Madden's Jowels @ 03/09/16 11:45 PM
As a former 8 year old and an enormous Ken Griffey Jr. fan, I feel like SCEA could easily sell ALL THE COPIES next year if they took a page out of 2K's book and paid for Ken Griffey Jr.'s name and likeness, threw him on the cover, made like 3-5 Griffey DD cards, maybe even created a mode around him like 2K did with Jordan where you could play a MyCareer as rookie Jordan and also relive a lot of his iconic moments. Maybe a RTTS where you pick up Griffey's career after 1999 and try to avoid all the injuries and break the HR record.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but the whole Reggie Stocker thing got me thinking about how Griffey needs to be in the game, and then my brain went on a tangent.

# 34 Madden's Jowels @ 03/09/16 11:48 PM
Quote:
Whos Ramone? lol. I was just giving information out. Dont be a B----.

You responded to the guy who's basically the face of the development team and lectured him about player likeness rules lol. If you can't see the humor in that, without resulting to ad hominems...

# 35 chiwhitesoxGOSOX @ 03/10/16 01:04 AM
Both modes look like a lot of fun. What I really can't wait for is drafting my battle royale team. That looks really exciting !

# 36 Shakedowncapo @ 03/10/16 02:25 AM
edit: look below

# 37 Shakedowncapo @ 03/10/16 02:56 AM
Question Ramone

With the example you gave about Joe Mauer and finding his secret mission by hitting for the cycle....Do you think we can get a cheat sheet with a riddle or fun fact for each player that has one? It'll be hard enough finding the actual player with a mission, but finding the mission trigger point as well? Sounds pretty daunting with there being so many of them.

# 38 masterchaoss @ 03/10/16 03:26 AM
I love that they brought back the name Reggie Stocker from the old show games, I'm wondering what year the card is from?

# 39 Joxih @ 03/10/16 03:52 AM
YESSSSS. They are adding Reggie Stocker back into the game. Now they can try and work on Baby Ruth and Aaron Hankerson

# 40 bcordek332 @ 03/10/16 08:09 AM
When doing missions do u still get stubs for losses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.