Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The developer team has revealed the top MLB The Show 16 player ratings at each position. Check them out here.

Below are the top players in the game.
  • Mike Trout - 99 Overall
  • Clayton Kershaw - 99 Overall
  • Bryce Harper - 97 Overall
  • Josh Donaldson - 96 Overall
  • Miguel Cabrera - 96 Overall
  • Paul Goldschmidt - 96 Overall
  • Max Scherzer - 95 Overall
  • Jake Arrieta -95 Overall
  • Zack Greinke - 95 Overall
  • Manny Machado - 94 Overall
  • David Price - 94 Overall
  • Chris Sale - 94 Overall
  • Jose Altuve - 94 Overall
  • Matt Harvey - 94 Overall
  • Joey Votto - 94 Overall
  • Andrew McCutchen - 94 Overall
  • Buster Posey - 94 Overall
  • Wade Davis - 93 Overall
  • Felix Hernandez - 93 Overall
  • Jose Fernandez - 93 Overall
  • Giancarlo Stanton - 93 Overall
  • Jacob deGrom - 93 Overall
  • Nolan Arenado - 93 Overall
  • Kenley Jansen - 93 Overall
  • Madison Bumgarner - 93 Overall
  • Craig Kimbrel - 93 Overall
  • Troy Tulowitzki - 93 Overall

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tessl @ 03/11/16 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla Da Le Playa
yes. is this because discipline is less important than vision?
I wouldn't conclude that - durability isn't on the pie chart either but it is very important.

One thing I noticed, pitch type and velocity are now displayed again. It is good to see that back in the game.

# 42 MrOldboy @ 03/11/16 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I wouldn't conclude that - durability isn't on the pie chart either but it is very important.

One thing I noticed, pitch type and velocity are now displayed again. It is good to see that back in the game.
For gameplay purposes I think that durability and discipline are probably the ones you need to see the least. For franchise, sure you'd want to see everything, but for a quick glance to see how that player might perform in game I don't think they are needed. Discipline only governs check swings in game for instance.

I like the radial graphs in concept, but it can be hard at a glance to see if someone is a few points better than someone else. It can be important on key ratings like speed for instance. If I have two guys I want to pinch run, of course I want the 96 rated guy and not the 94 rated one. Hard to tell on the radial at a quick glance. So you'll still need to use the player cards for stuff like that I think, or look real hard at the radial.

# 43 STB Bodam @ 03/11/16 11:05 PM
Glad to see Chris Sale getting some love but I'm wondering what two of the most underrated pitchers in baseball are rated... Chris Archer and Jose Quintana

# 44 didi1 @ 03/11/16 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I understand why they do it though, it is so that one anomalous season, good or bad, does not skew a players rating too much.
I understand why they do it, but there should definitely be some exceptions for guys who are completely expected to keep up their performance such as Pollock.

# 45 Godgers12 @ 03/12/16 12:16 AM
Jake Arieta is not better than Felix, lol. Other then that and Seager not being on the 3B list, I don't see many issues.

# 46 MrOldboy @ 03/12/16 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Jake Arieta is not better than Felix, lol. Other then that and Seager not being on the 3B list, I don't see many issues.
Over the last two years

Arrieta: 12.3 fWAR, 14.0 bWAR
Hernandez: 8.8 fWAR, 11.2 bWAR

The ratings should be seen as a time capsule, not a judge of a player's career. Right now Arietta has the edge as Hernandez's most recent season was not amazing.

# 47 theu715 @ 03/12/16 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB Bodam
Glad to see Chris Sale getting some love but I'm wondering what two of the most underrated pitchers in baseball are rated... Chris Archer and Jose Quintana
Rays players tend to be underrated on this game. Forsythe was a top 4 second baseman in all of baseball last year. I believe he even lead all second baseman in HR, if not, right up there. If Kiermaier doesn't have 90+ speed and is in the 70's still that'll be silly. Don't see how he isn't a top 8 CF too. Archer finishes last season as a 92 and isn't at least a 90? Longoria's defensive stats are always low. He's top 3 gold glove defense every year and has a canon. Interested to see what they actually look like.

# 48 Threeebs @ 03/12/16 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
If Mike Trout isn't deserving of a 99 overall then no one is. Arguably the greatest start to a career of all time.
Strikes out a lot, doesn't have a really good arm and has now developed an admitted hesitation to steal. Stole 11 bases last year and was caught 7 times!

You think that's worth a 99 OVR?

# 49 Speedy @ 03/12/16 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Strikes out a lot, doesn't have a really good arm and has now developed an admitted hesitation to steal. Stole 11 bases last year and was caught 7 times!

I would say a 9.0 fWAR and .991 OPS is, yes.

# 50 kbusch22 @ 03/12/16 12:10 PM
As a Mets fan it's going to be really fun playing with those top 3 starting pitchers. Not surprised that Cespedes is the only top rated position player on the team. Wright is sadly too injury prone to make the 3B list.

I feel like Familia should be near the top of the closers but I can understand hesitation if the devs thought he was a one year wonder.

I usually get rid of all of the closers anyway and convert them all to RPs before starting franchise.

# 51 tessl @ 03/12/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs

I suspect what the devs do with OVR is they grade on a curve. The best player in the game gets a 99.

Having said that I don't understand why people focus on the overall rating. Aside from being one of several factors in a trade it is meaningless in the show. These players all have a large variety of attributes in every imaginable category which is derived from their stats IRL.

You can find two players with the same OVR who are completely different in how they perform.

# 52 coachprattico2 @ 03/12/16 12:24 PM
My two favorite yankees are rated.... 88 and 82... understand they were hurt and under performed last season but since when does durability have this much of an affect?

# 53 underdog13 @ 03/12/16 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachprattico2
My two favorite yankees are rated.... 88 and 82... understand they were hurt and under performed last season but since when does durability have this much of an affect?
Who are they?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 54 tessl @ 03/12/16 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
For gameplay purposes I think that durability and discipline are probably the ones you need to see the least. For franchise, sure you'd want to see everything, but for a quick glance to see how that player might perform in game I don't think they are needed. Discipline only governs check swings in game for instance.

I like the radial graphs in concept, but it can be hard at a glance to see if someone is a few points better than someone else. It can be important on key ratings like speed for instance. If I have two guys I want to pinch run, of course I want the 96 rated guy and not the 94 rated one. Hard to tell on the radial at a quick glance. So you'll still need to use the player cards for stuff like that I think, or look real hard at the radial.
I don't entirely disagree but it depends on how you play the game. If you are joysticking the game you probably don't care much about discipline because you decide which pitches to swing at. I use manage mode and discipline impacts OBP. Durability impacts recovery time for players and injury potential.

# 55 Dolenz @ 03/12/16 12:55 PM
Everybody is going to key in on their favorite team and players and believe that they are underrated that is why I keyed in on Wainwright right off the bat.

# 56 tessl @ 03/12/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Everybody is going to key in on their favorite team and players and believe that they are underrated that is why I keyed in on Wainwright right off the bat.
In what way is Wainwright underrated? His durability is a major issue and I'd be surprised if he is higher than 40 in durability.

# 57 Cavicchi @ 03/12/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Kevin Kiermaier was the best center fielder defensively in all of baseball last year. He should have a boost for sure.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I expect he will. During the Franchise stream of 3-3, looked like he was an A potential and overall in the 80's.

No WS MVP boost this year, Salvadore Perez still an 82, and probably with those same attributes. GG winner three years in a row and likely with low level reaction number and blocking a whopping 70.

# 58 Cavicchi @ 03/12/16 01:54 PM
Starling Marte still a B and MLBTV Network show had him as best LF in the game by The Shredder. The Shredder, no bias....

# 59 Factzzz @ 03/12/16 01:55 PM
I think Goldschmidt should be a 99 if anyone, there's no weaknesses in his game for a first baseman. 1.005 OPS last year, 21 steals and a gold glove.

# 60 Speedy @ 03/12/16 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Starling Marte still a B and MLBTV Network show had him as best LF in the game by The Shredder. The Shredder, no bias....
The Shredder is a the 2142 Brian Kenny.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.