Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 16 trailer featuring the new graphical improvements coming to the game this year.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 tnixen @ 03/15/16 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I didn't think there was a stream today, I thought it was just going to be a video.
Yes Live stream starts at 5PM ET

# 102 RIFRIG @ 03/15/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
PBR will help make the grass look a lot better when it's used but not until 17 I think.

Someone should ask Sony in today's stream if PBR is being used for the grass and dirt in 16?
The grass will be fixed......it has to be!

You can't have a gen 4 game with gen 3 grass.

Improvements in the video look really good compared to 14/15.

# 103 RIFRIG @ 03/15/16 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
The grass will be fixed......it has to be!

You can't have a gen 4 game with gen 3 grass.

Improvements in the video look really good compared to 14/15.
Streams starting

https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/mobile

# 104 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/15/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I fondly remember playing this which probably explains why the current body types and jerseys and such are not as much of a problem for me.

Numbers are clearly too low on the back in this picture. They need to be higher.

# 105 Hockeynut99 @ 03/15/16 05:39 PM
So I like the upgrades. But the game still looks the same. I was hoping for new player models and more life like animation. I like the glossy parts now. Nice touch.

# 106 RIFRIG @ 03/15/16 06:09 PM
Can't see if the grass texture holds up through gameplay as yet but the resources have been spent on background detail for the most part.

# 107 MrOldboy @ 03/15/16 06:27 PM
Grass texture, player models, lighting...

All I care about is if the game runs at a locked 60 fps. I would gladly sacrifice a lot of the visuals if the game could be optimized to hit that mark. And by locked I mean at every moment during gameplay it is running smooth at 60 fps. When playing PC games I always get the settings to a level to where I don't have any drops under 60 fps. That might mean sacrificing some visuals, but it's a trade I'll make every time.

# 108 Stolm @ 03/15/16 09:01 PM
Pretty disappointed that Stride being restored is sounding more and more in doubt as each stream goes by.

# 109 Speedy @ 03/15/16 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Wow, this place is filled with such animosity over the slightest voicing of opinions.

I grew up in the 80's and dealt with poor graphics, landlines, and boxy looking automobiles. Times change, mates. It isn't wrong for people to wish for improvements, especially if done so in a respectful manner.

Is it not possible to love this game, respect the developers which make it, and point out areas of it that some of us wish would see improvement? Why is that such a hard concept to grasp for so many of the people here?

Yet another thread completely derailed by patrons that can't handle a game they like being criticized or others voicing their opinions; bravo, Operation Sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ummmm.....the thread is titled "graphical improvements".......meaning here is what WAS done to improve the game......the derailment ...if any...is on those those that brought up,once again....what we already knew wasn't worked on in '16.....kind of turning it into a wish list thread,yet again.

M.K.
Knight165
Knight hit the nail on the "thread" here.

The issue is not with critiquing and criticizing elements of the game. If OS or The Show's community base holistically didn't do this, our game would not improve to where it has today. The issue is that users choose to go into every thread and scream why feature A is in the game while feature B is not or has not been touched. There are far too many comments in the DD thread about a seeming lacklaster franchise this year...why? It's unnecesssary and unrelated to DD.

There's a time and a place to voice our displeasure or show our desire for where the priority for the game's next title (or patch!) ought to lie. The Show forums on OS have historically been a great place of discussion as several users truly attempt to make constructive points as to how the game can truly evolve (instead of "what is this junk, SCEA?!?!?", point out how it can improve by implementing possibly x/y/z in contrast or even parallel to a/b/c). That's why I think SCEA has a good footprint here on OS because we provide good feedback to them and they us. I have grown to appreciate SCEA's dev team as they are as transparent of a dev team as I've seen...some folks may not know but they invite users here on OS to their studio to test the alpha version of their game and offer insight. That's still incredible to me!

It's necessary then, for us to steer users in mature discussion or ignore those choosing not to (side note: report posters who aren't so the moderators here can address it). I love this game, even if it's not always want I want it to be 100%...I feel that here on OS, my voice is heard even if it's a small whisper.

Maybe I'm delusional...but that's my small $.02.

# 110 Bullit @ 03/15/16 10:36 PM
This was the graphics engine on my first baseball game, so yeah I'm happy where we are at now.

# 111 Sip_16 @ 03/16/16 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Pretty disappointed that Stride being restored is sounding more and more in doubt as each stream goes by.
I wouldn't go that far, I think it sounds like its more likely not to be in the day 1 patch as Nick has said it has to go through plenty of testing to make sure it doesn't mess with anything else.

I'm positive it will be back just maybe not right away.

# 112 Moegames @ 03/16/16 03:17 PM
Excited for the new night time lighting..the textures improvement is amazing

# 113 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/16/16 03:41 PM
Those tarps and metal/glass tho!

And that night lighting!

# 114 dubcity @ 03/16/16 04:34 PM
If all the animations are what's holding them back from redoing the player models, they should have stopped adding new animations years ago. It's a strange excuse.

# 115 Syce @ 03/16/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
If all the animations are what's holding them back from redoing the player models, they should have stopped adding new animations years ago. It's a strange excuse.
Im sure player models will be discussed as a major addition for 17 in their pre production meetings. but now that they have closed roofs done in 16 and during this stream they said it took a long time to add closed roofs, now they might look to move resources around so maybe they might look into player models as the major addition to the show 17.

# 116 thaSLAB @ 03/16/16 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
Im sure player models will be discussed as a major addition for 17 in their pre production meetings. but now that they have closed roofs done in 16 and during this stream they said it took a long time to add closed roofs, now they might look to move resources around so maybe they might look into player models as the major addition to the show 17.
Different resources, but yeah, they've been aware of player models - even before this year.

# 117 Hockeynut99 @ 03/16/16 09:56 PM
One thing that is nice is the glossy will make the game pop more. The cleats looked really good. And the stone looked really real.

# 118 Smallville102001 @ 03/17/16 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
Well you can have your opinion, but the vast majority of people who play the game and aren't visually impaired will disagree with you.

Mlb 14 looked 100% the same as ps3 but with better lighting. MLB 15 stadiums looked much better but player faces and models are like ps3 still and I don't think a vast majority disagree with me considering so many people talk about the player models. If people really disagreed with me so much you wouldn't have so many people complain about the player models like you see on here.

# 119 elfdutch @ 03/17/16 05:29 AM
Have been playing 15 a lot this week and you can really tell that the difference with 16 is huge.
Can’t wait to see the night lighting.
So much more animations in 16, somehow it feels there’s more urgency to them this time which is a good thing.
Game also looks very fluid.

The PBR is really amazing, it brings the stadiums alive so much more.
Of course, I understand and agree with people that say they don’t need 100% accurate phones in the dugouts and prefer PBR to be applied in area’s which are visible during gameplay.
On the other hand, they explained during the streams that they have only just scratched the surface of this.
I’m sure in the years to come we will all be amazed at the results of this (it looks amazing in GTA V for example) and I’m happy to give them all the time in the world (ok, maybe not all).

For me it’s simple : I pay 60 bucks for a game that I play for a year. The game is always an improvement on the previous edition and never just a roster upgrade.
It’s a great investment. 16 with the PBR, animations, sounds of the show and new modes will keep me going until 17 is there.
By the way : I don’t care much about the new modes but it’s good to see that they keep adding modes without taking stuff away (like NHL 15)

And yes, I also want new player models, more PBR, better commentary (only real weak point in my opinion) like a lot of people here. But I’m confident they are working on this and it will come if we give them time.

I have never seen any company in touch with their fan base as much as SDS is doing.
The streams, the way they react on this forum, it’s great. It’s also great how this forum is helping them making the game better.

So I will buy 16 and enjoy it for what it is, knowing that 17 will be even better.
Now if only I could find it in the European playstore……

# 120 LastActionHero @ 03/17/16 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfdutch
Have been playing 15 a lot this week and you can really tell that the difference with 16 is huge.
Can’t wait to see the night lighting.
So much more animations in 16, somehow it feels there’s more urgency to them this time which is a good thing.
Game also looks very fluid.

The PBR is really amazing, it brings the stadiums alive so much more.
Of course, I understand and agree with people that say they don’t need 100% accurate phones in the dugouts and prefer PBR to be applied in area’s which are visible during gameplay.
On the other hand, they explained during the streams that they have only just scratched the surface of this.
I’m sure in the years to come we will all be amazed at the results of this (it looks amazing in GTA V for example) and I’m happy to give them all the time in the world (ok, maybe not all).

For me it’s simple : I pay 60 bucks for a game that I play for a year. The game is always an improvement on the previous edition and never just a roster upgrade.
It’s a great investment. 16 with the PBR, animations, sounds of the show and new modes will keep me going until 17 is there.
By the way : I don’t care much about the new modes but it’s good to see that they keep adding modes without taking stuff away (like NHL 15)

And yes, I also want new player models, more PBR, better commentary (only real weak point in my opinion) like a lot of people here. But I’m confident they are working on this and it will come if we give them time.

I have never seen any company in touch with their fan base as much as SDS is doing.
The streams, the way they react on this forum, it’s great. It’s also great how this forum is helping them making the game better.

So I will buy 16 and enjoy it for what it is, knowing that 17 will be even better.
Now if only I could find it in the European playstore……

Just make a US account fellow Dutchie.
I'ven been doing that since day one they went digital.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.