Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 is available today in stores! We are currently working on a first impressions piece and our review (which should be live late tonight or tomorrow!).

This year's game features a plethora of improvements, including dynamic grappling, a new Ultimate Team mode, and new game modes.

Want to learn how to play EA Sports UFC 2? EA Sports created several gameplay tutorial videos, which you can find here.

Make sure you get some fights in, try out the other features in the game and post your impressions here!

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 aholbert32 @ 03/18/16 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Another pet peeve of mines about this game. Take downs don't seem to do any damage what so ever. Don't seem to matter if it is a power take down or regular. With no reward for doing such things, why even bother going for a power take down ?
Certain power takedowns can lead to slam KOs/health events.

# 102 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/18/16 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Certain power takedowns can lead to slam KOs/health events.
Really ? Got any video clips of it in action ? Also quick question, any slams out of a triangle choke or arm bar that you know of in the game ?

# 103 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/18/16 05:38 PM
This roster is DEEP. Saw little Manny Gamburyan on the roster. Guys play as him. He got those Mike Tyson power uppercuts and over hands. Just KO'ed Alexis Caceres in the 1st round with Manny.

# 104 NYG_Meth @ 03/18/16 05:49 PM
Loving the game so far. One thing I've noticed that would make a big difference in stand-up:

When using the sway controls to slip strikes, when I fire back with a counter, it almost ALWAYS goes to the body unless I wait a second for my fighter to return to his default sway-free stance. As a whole, while the sway system is WAYYY better than last year's game, it still feels a little clunky and unresponsive (especially since it's supposedly modeled after Fight Night Champion's sway system, which was VERY smooth).

As someone who loves to counterpunch, I'd really like to be able to slip a strike and counter with a straight to the head IMMEDIATELY. That's the whole point of countering. Any chance this can be addressed in an update?

Edit: I'd also LOVE to be able to control my created fighter's reach in the edit/creation interface. Reach is a huge deal, and right now (as well as last year), there seems to be no effective way to choose your fighter's reach.

# 105 woody2goody @ 03/18/16 05:52 PM
I am going to preface this by saying that I was playing as CM Punk, but I just kicked Condit in the head flush, he just took it and continued with the spinning heel kick that knocked me down and finished the fight.

Too many times it has felt like I've almost been punished for engaging first and throwing a good strike, simply because they don't interrupt these spinning attacks or indeed most strikes.

This has happened with nearly every fighter, (this was actually my first fight with Punk) and I'm sorry but if I kick you in the head clean, you do not carry on throwing your wheel kick as if nothing happened.

By the way Condit had not started his spin at the point of contact, but he should have been affected at least for me to have a window of opportunity not to get hit.

At least if we could effectively use strikes to prevent people spamming spinning kicks, the game would feel more even.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 106 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/18/16 06:44 PM
Julianna Pena is so much fun to use. Beast.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 107 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/18/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Let me start out by saying online I get killed, so I'm not that good at the game. This is all against Cpu on pro(the highest difficulty)in event mode.

I think we need a house rules thread against cpu. Either that, or ea needs to make some things less effective. Right now, I can't punch anyone on the ground, or else they get stunned, and it's an easy tko. Also clinch knees seem to do to much damage, and so do combos. The first punch stuns them,and you can get a few too many punches in, easy ko. I just did the worst fw, against Connor McGregor, and won 3/4 fights.

Again not bragging, just concerned that a guy who just picked this game up, and isn't doing anything unrealistic, can beat the best striker, with the worst striker on the "highest" difficulty. With ease I may add.
Don't play on PRO, Pro is fubar. Play on hard instead, it is much harder then Pro. The AI actually block and block pretty damn good on Hard. So if you want the best challenge, Hard is the setting to play on. Pro is just messed up and too easy for it to be the highest setting.

# 108 aholbert32 @ 03/18/16 06:52 PM
Quote:
Really ? Got any video clips of it in action ? Also quick question, any slams out of a triangle choke or arm bar that you know of in the game ?

I don't. The last time I saw a slam ko was during the event in December.

# 109 aholbert32 @ 03/18/16 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I am going to preface this by saying that I was playing as CM Punk, but I just kicked Condit in the head flush, he just took it and continued with the spinning heel kick that knocked me down and finished the fight.

Too many times it has felt like I've almost been punished for engaging first and throwing a good strike, simply because they don't interrupt these spinning attacks or indeed most strikes.

This has happened with nearly every fighter, (this was actually my first fight with Punk) and I'm sorry but if I kick you in the head clean, you do not carry on throwing your wheel kick as if nothing happened.

By the way Condit had not started his spin at the point of contact, but he should have been affected at least for me to have a window of opportunity not to get hit.

At least if we could effectively use strikes to prevent people spamming spinning kicks, the game would feel more even.

The good news is I believe the devs are working on a fix for basic strikes interrupting flashy strikes. It's not 100% confirmed but I was privy to the discussions about it and it sounds good.

# 110 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/18/16 07:12 PM
Quote:
This roster is DEEP. Saw little Manny Gamburyan on the roster. Guys play as him. He got those Mike Tyson power uppercuts and over hands. Just KO'ed Alexis Caceres in the 1st round with Manny.
Just gave your guy Manny a shot.

# 111 woody2goody @ 03/18/16 08:48 PM
Quote:
The good news is I believe the devs are working on a fix for basic strikes interrupting flashy strikes. It's not 100% confirmed but I was privy to the discussions about it and it sounds good.
That's great to hear, it's just really frustrating how I can't get near guys like McGregor, Jones and Holm because of constant spamming of spinning kicks.

With that fix, and proper stamina penalties for striking, we could have something really good.

Also, it seems that people online can just simply evade your fighter by walking backwards if you have someone with a short reach. Any suggestions?

# 112 aholbert32 @ 03/18/16 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
That's great to hear, it's just really frustrating how I can't get near guys like McGregor, Jones and Holm because of constant spamming of spinning kicks.

With that fix, and proper stamina penalties for striking, we could have something really good.

Also, it seems that people online can just simply evade your fighter by walking backwards if you have someone with a short reach. Any suggestions?

Lunge and steps left to right cut off the cage. Head movement to move forward and avoid punches.

With that said, I dont have much of a problem with that. If someone has a person with a reach advantage and they are using movement and their length to avoid punches...thats realistic in my book

# 113 woody2goody @ 03/18/16 09:23 PM
Quote:
Lunge and steps left to right cut off the cage. Head movement to move forward and avoid punches.

With that said, I dont have much of a problem with that. If someone has a person with a reach advantage and they are using movement and their length to avoid punches...thats realistic in my book
It is realistic yes, I suppose I need to figure out the controls better in terms of it becoming instinctive again.

I really do not mind losing but a lot.of the losses feel cheap. It feels like people are winning in ways that wouldn't be feasible in reality, such as spamming leg kicks or spinning kicks.

When I say spamming, I mean spamming, the same thing over and over again. And yes you could argue that I should defend these things, but when I do I get rocked to the head. I think this high-low block is what I'm struggling with.

In the THQ ones they had this system, but it was difficult to land body punches regularly (as it should be IMO) so I never really bothered with blocking the body.

# 114 Don Jon @ 03/18/16 10:26 PM
Quote:
Don't play on PRO, Pro is fubar. Play on hard instead, it is much harder then Pro. The AI actually block and block pretty damn good on Hard. So if you want the best challenge, Hard is the setting to play on. Pro is just messed up and too easy for it to be the highest setting.
Ok I'll try it out, is that what everyone's playing at?

# 115 aholbert32 @ 03/18/16 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Ok I'll try it out, is that what everyone's playing at?
Yes sir. I'm playing a card right now and I'm 3-2 on Hard difficulty. I also got KOd for the first time in a while.

# 116 Don Jon @ 03/18/16 11:03 PM
Quote:
Yes sir. I'm playing a card right now and I'm 3-2 on Hard difficulty. I also got KOd for the first time in a while.
Wow, and I assume your skill level is higher than mine. So that's good to hear, i was fearful i would have to only do cpu vs cpu in my universe

# 117 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/18/16 11:51 PM
I'll try hard. Pro is crazy easy.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 118 ClassActFan @ 03/19/16 12:40 AM
Picked up the game even though I know I don't really have the time to play! So I've opted to lose some good nights sleep just to enjoy the game.

Loving it and having a good time playing, but I'm so awful. I don't know how to block my opponents' transitions on the ground. I always seem to be too early or too late. What is a way to get better at this? The skills challenges against the CPU haven't helped me all too well at this juncture. I'm probably only winning one fight every four or five fights in Ultimate Team. Seems like every opponent I face has a bigger reach. Trying to learn...

I love the live events feature. Very nice addon to this game.

# 119 hogfan @ 03/19/16 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Loving the game so far. One thing I've noticed that would make a big difference in stand-up:

When using the sway controls to slip strikes, when I fire back with a counter, it almost ALWAYS goes to the body unless I wait a second for my fighter to return to his default sway-free stance. As a whole, while the sway system is WAYYY better than last year's game, it still feels a little clunky and unresponsive (especially since it's supposedly modeled after Fight Night Champion's sway system, which was VERY smooth).

As someone who loves to counterpunch, I'd really like to be able to slip a strike and counter with a straight to the head IMMEDIATELY. That's the whole point of countering. Any chance this can be addressed in an update?
1000 x THIS.

I like the sway, but when I slip a punch I want to knock the opponent's head off. Not tap him in the belly.

# 120 The JareBear @ 03/19/16 02:49 AM
How do you guys feel about accel clock vs real time? I just finished my fifth fight against the CPU on hard and none of them have gone past the second. Could be I'm using guys with great striking rating.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.