Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 is available today in stores! We are currently working on a first impressions piece and our review (which should be live late tonight or tomorrow!).

This year's game features a plethora of improvements, including dynamic grappling, a new Ultimate Team mode, and new game modes.

Want to learn how to play EA Sports UFC 2? EA Sports created several gameplay tutorial videos, which you can find here.

Make sure you get some fights in, try out the other features in the game and post your impressions here!

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/21/16 01:34 AM
Just had a great standup fight against some guy while using Pennington. The fight before that, I had lost 48-47 on all cards to a Jon Jones who basically tried to play keep away with kicks to the body for most of the fight, so it was a nice bounce back. This guy in particular started preaching to me about being a vegan when the fight began. I turned off the headset, knocked him out and ate a piece of chicken. Good night, America.

# 162 natey2k4 @ 03/21/16 02:16 AM
Considering how powerful the clinch and back mount punches are... the ground game is very boring. There's almost zero attempt to try to submit because those things are so OP.

# 163 TheShizNo1 @ 03/21/16 07:51 AM
I panick when I get put in the MT clinch. I lose all sense of skill and patience.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 164 Phobia @ 03/21/16 09:16 AM
4 points (One win) away from division 4. I was pretty drunk Saturday night after we boiled some crawdads and must of went on a 10 fight losing streak. Yesterday I attempted to correct my screw up from the night before but sober this time......I went on a 6 to 8 fight win streak.....3 while holding the belt.

So tonight I should be making the move to division 4

# 165 Thetruth9012 @ 03/21/16 10:06 AM
Ultimate team is broken if you dont want to buy points you have trouble.Why is not overall matchmaking? Im 68 ovr and fight with guys who are 76++ overall and they just spam clinch or super strikes.I dont have any clinch transition and ground passes so what can i do.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 166 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/21/16 11:07 AM
Let me start by saying that I am enjoying the game. I would absolutely recommend it to any MMA fan, or fighting game fan. I don't want my long winded complaints about certain aspects to take away from that.

Now for what bothers me. Spinning kicks. They are TOO effective. They don't drain enough stamina. They don't have a big enough window to interrupt the strike. If it gets countered with a body roundhouse, the spinner should be interrupted and really have a high chance at a liver shot. Another issue is the forward dash does not make up enough ground. Again with people who abuse the spin kicks and flying knees, they are generally bad players with a piss poor understanding of range. Usually they whiff. But are still out of range to actually counter. And by the time you step forward to counter and make them pay, another crazy spin kick is on the way, giving them immunity to almost anything but a takedown. Now I don't mind the ground game, but If I am fighting with Cro Cop someone who is primarily a striker, I should have striking answers to this. And right now I don't feel like the appropriate answers are there.

# 167 Thetruth9012 @ 03/21/16 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Let me start by saying that I am enjoying the game. I would absolutely recommend it to any MMA fan, or fighting game fan. I don't want my long winded complaints about certain aspects to take away from that.

Now for what bothers me. Spinning kicks. They are TOO effective. They don't drain enough stamina. They don't have a big enough window to interrupt the strike. If it gets countered with a body roundhouse, the spinner should be interrupted and really have a high chance at a liver shot. Another issue is the forward dash does not make up enough ground. Again with people who abuse the spin kicks and flying knees, they are generally bad players with a piss poor understanding of range. Usually they whiff. But are still out of range to actually counter. And by the time you step forward to counter and make them pay, another crazy spin kick is on the way, giving them immunity to almost anything but a takedown. Now I don't mind the ground game, but If I am fighting with Cro Cop someone who is primarily a striker, I should have striking answers to this. And right now I don't feel like the appropriate answers are there.
I agree i want to KO them not ground them and i shoud be enable to do this because they dont know how to fight and dont understand the range etc..

# 168 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/21/16 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782

Glad to see that my beef with the spinning kick players is shared by people on this forum. **** gets dumb fast.

# 169 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/21/16 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
4 points (One win) away from division 4. I was pretty drunk Saturday night after we boiled some crawdads and must of went on a 10 fight losing streak. Yesterday I attempted to correct my screw up from the night before but sober this time......I went on a 6 to 8 fight win streak.....3 while holding the belt.

So tonight I should be making the move to division 4
Good stuff, that mode is super addicting. I'm something like 32-10 right now. Donald Cerrone is my kryptonite because 3 of those losses are to him. I feel I should've gotten two of those decisions I lost, but I can't leave these things to the judges. The body kick guys seem to be very prevalent in division 3. I don't have a problem with them, but I still had a hard *** time trying to reach Jon Jones last night even after parrying a lot of his shots. Out of my 10 losses, I'd say maybe 3 or 4 of them got my respect for how they won haha.

# 170 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/21/16 01:42 PM
Any one see a leg kick TKO yet ? Out of dozens of fights now with the strongest leg kick fighters I have yet to see a leg kick TKO. Hell I have yet to see a lot of leg kicks even slow an opponent down. EA needs to fix this. If I land over dozen HARD solid shots on your leg, you shouldn't be able to move around at the same speed. Nor should be able to be effective with just not regular take downs, but power take downs.

As it stands now, leg kicks are just purely cosmetic.

I also feel like kicks and knees to the body don't do enough damage either. It is like the CPU just walks right through knees to the body and kicks to the body just like they just walk through leg kicks. The only thing that causes real damage in this game are head shots.

Maybe EA need to lower everybody body health and leg health by 10 or 15 points or something. It is totally killing my immersion when I know I have to head hunt because leg kicks and attacks to the body don't do damage to the CPU at all. The CPU don't respect those shots what so ever. Majority of the time they will return a power strike instantly after getting hit with a power strike to the body or leg.

# 171 Thetruth9012 @ 03/21/16 02:14 PM
I just dont know if i want to play Light heavyweigth anymore they only take Jon Jones and i cant reach him at all thiss spinning kicks killing me.Im currently 59-20.

# 172 JoeMimic @ 03/21/16 04:06 PM
I've never understood why parries are such a huge part of this game. Sure they're used in MMA, but nowhere near the extent that they're used in this game. You can go a whole card and count the number of times they're actually used on two hands. In this game it's the computer's main line of defense and they'll hit double digits within a round easily.

# 173 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/21/16 06:45 PM
Everyone is out here point fighting me today. Another split decision loss. I like when I'm champion, so I have more rounds to take them out. 39-12. Division 4 has been interesting so far.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

# 174 jcas007 @ 03/21/16 07:36 PM
My biggest problem is that you can dominant the hole fight yet lose the decision happening all the time in Ultimate team mode ,if you don't get a knockout you lose the decision

# 175 Rules @ 03/21/16 07:45 PM
I love the game but absolutely HATE the music. This is not MMA music! I need a way to turn it off without having to turn the volume off. It is driving me crazy!

# 176 Thetruth9012 @ 03/21/16 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I love the game but absolutely HATE the music. This is not MMA music! I need a way to turn it off without having to turn the volume off. It is driving me crazy!
You are right im oonly like "Im on the new level"

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

# 177 hogfan @ 03/21/16 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules

Agree... Except Wildman. Love that song.

# 178 jabj24 @ 03/22/16 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
I just dont know if i want to play Light heavyweigth anymore they only take Jon Jones and i cant reach him at all thiss spinning kicks killing me.Im currently 59-20.
Yeah i'm getting pretty tired of Fighting Jon Jones online, Only twice have i matched up with someone other than him at LHW.

# 179 Hiro1 @ 03/22/16 01:49 AM
Jimi Manuawa and Alexander Gustaffson are the only guys I've been able to beat Jon Jones with. It sucks losing to him so much, but man is it satisfying to KO Jones and the loser who's using him.

# 180 jabj24 @ 03/22/16 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Jimi Manuawa and Alexander Gustaffson are the only guys I've been able to beat Jon Jones with. It sucks losing to him so much, but man is it satisfying to KO Jones and the loser who's using him.
Definitely agree. I've been able to KO him with Rumble two or three times. Great feeling but i get pissed losing to Jones. Feels like the other user is on roids

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.