Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, showing off the graphical improvements to the game this year, as well as the finals of the Developer Tournament. Post your thoughts here!

We will update this post with the archive link when it's over. Feel free to discuss here.

UPDATE: Here are the links to the archive (Part 1 - Graphics Improvements), (Part 2 - Developer Tournament Finals)

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Spokker @ 03/15/16 06:05 PM
It's looking like a ps4 game more and more each year.

Would love if they added the fly camera. There's so much detail on these stadiums.

# 2 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/15/16 06:06 PM
Almost an entire stream and no comments? Wow.

# 3 angrysponge @ 03/15/16 06:10 PM
Fly cam rocks! We need access to that.. please Ramone make it happen!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

# 4 adh5199 @ 03/15/16 06:45 PM
I see the shoulders still have the white line on the black, whitesox jersey....Why can't they fix this?

# 5 RLebron12 @ 03/15/16 06:51 PM
I love the Show and buy it every single year and I think it looks a lot better this year with the PBR and what they've added. My question is why do you think they go into so much detail on things we will never see while playing the game? Such as the picture frames in a suite booth, or the nice reflections on lamps in certain areas. As this all looks really cool...when do we ever see this besides when they do fly cam streams like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 Spokker @ 03/15/16 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Almost an entire stream and no comments? Wow.
I noticed that there were much less viewers compared to earlier streams. I guess people know what they need to know and are ready to play.

# 7 tessl @ 03/15/16 06:58 PM
Graphics improvements were excellent and I didn't see the entire stream - did they do the classic stadium deep dive earlier in the stream or did they postpone or cancel it?

# 8 Jeffrey Smith @ 03/15/16 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Graphics improvements were excellent and I didn't see the entire stream - did they do the classic stadium deep dive earlier in the stream or did they postpone or cancel it?
I didn't see anything about the classic stadiums.

# 9 headzapp @ 03/15/16 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I love the Show and buy it every single year and I think it looks a lot better this year with the PBR and what they've added. My question is why do you think they go into so much detail on things we will never see while playing the game? Such as the picture frames in a suite booth, or the nice reflections on lamps in certain areas. As this all looks really cool...when do we ever see this besides when they do fly cam streams like this?

The little things immerse people more into the game. You can have a game that looks real but have a phone that looks like a ps1 game, your eye will catch it and take you out of the game. Just how in movies with bad cgi. So with a game is it important to have everything consistent.
I remember when The Last of Us came out on ps3 and the bricks on some building were blurry. I was like this doesn't look great. It took me out of that world for a moment. It doesn't hurt the game, but makes it better.

# 10 Madden's Jowels @ 03/15/16 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
You can have a game that looks real but have a phone that looks like a ps1 game, your eye will catch it and take you out of the game. Just how in movies with bad cgi. So with a game is it important to have everything consistent.
Now take out the word "phone" and replace it with "player" and that's exactly why people still ask about player models all the time lol.

They may not look like ps1 phones... but ps3 phones, definitely.

# 11 happymadison @ 03/15/16 07:26 PM
I was unable to catch the graphics improvement stream live when will it be archived?

# 12 RLebron12 @ 03/15/16 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headzapp
The little things immerse people more into the game. You can have a game that looks real but have a phone that looks like a ps1 game, your eye will catch it and take you out of the game. Just how in movies with bad cgi. So with a game is it important to have everything consistent.

I remember when The Last of Us came out on ps3 and the bricks on some building were blurry. I was like this doesn't look great. It took me out of that world for a moment. It doesn't hurt the game, but makes it better.

I get that, but only the little things that we can actually see. You can't see into suite luxury boxes while playing the game...so the details added there won't make a difference. Now I think it's pretty cool that they go in that much depth and detail in their game...just wondering if maybe the time could be used for other things we actually see? Or maybe they can do those so quick it didn't really take much time for them to do? I'm not sure was just kinda wondering what other people thought.

# 13 Cowboy008 @ 03/15/16 07:46 PM
Game looks great. Just wondering if the Trop will look as good as all the other stadiums with PBR?

# 14 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/15/16 07:47 PM
I hope they put this much detail into jerseys and player models next year. While all this is great, most of it would have gone unnoticed if they didn't point it out to us. The photo used on this article sums up what they need to work on to take graphics to the next level. The sleeves are hovering around the arm. Jersey physics and better interaction with wind, the player itself is sorely needed.

I remember how much better 14 looked than any other sports game out. I thought 15 took a big step. However, after playing games like NHL, FIFA, Madden, and NBA, MLB leaves a lot to be desired. I put 15 back in recently and it looked so dated to all other games out. The below average player models placed in great environments isn't the ideal mix because the players is what the game is centered on. It draws away from the immersion factor instantly.

# 15 Turbojugend @ 03/15/16 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Just wondering if the Trop will look as good as all the other stadiums with PBR?
Drink enough PBR and anything will look great, even the Trop!

# 16 adam42381 @ 03/15/16 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I didn't see anything about the classic stadiums.
I wonder what happened with this?

# 17 HozAndMoose @ 03/15/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymadison
I was unable to catch the graphics improvement stream live when will it be archived?
Graphics - https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/v/54648146
Tournament - https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/v/54661543

Ill have Youtube up at some point.

# 18 The Kid 24 @ 03/15/16 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Game looks great. Just wondering if the Trop will look as good as all the other stadiums with PBR?
Curious about this as well.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

# 19 baseballsim @ 03/15/16 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysponge
Fly cam rocks! We need access to that.. please Ramone make it happen!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
If I'm not mistaken can't you already fly around while in replay?

# 20 Sip_16 @ 03/15/16 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Now take out the word "phone" and replace it with "player" and that's exactly why people still ask about player models all the time lol.

They may not look like ps1 phones... but ps3 phones, definitely.
different people work on different things thought, player model guys dont work on stadiums and vice versa

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.