Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, showing off the graphical improvements to the game this year, as well as the finals of the Developer Tournament. Post your thoughts here!

We will update this post with the archive link when it's over. Feel free to discuss here.

UPDATE: Here are the links to the archive (Part 1 - Graphics Improvements), (Part 2 - Developer Tournament Finals)

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 agentlaw13 @ 03/16/16 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I understand the sarcasm but when the promote the thread as classic stadium deep dive and never even mention classic stadiums I understand why some people are nervous.

My guess is either the devs who work on stadiums weren't available or they are still working on classic stadiums.

As Ramone said on the video the game is finished, disc being pressed and shipped but I'm pretty sure the last time they had classic stadiums they weren't on the disc. They were a download. If classic stadiums are again a download on the release date of 3/29 they could still be polishing the product which would explain why they didn't show them.

I'm not being critical because SCEA and Ramone do a great job of promoting the game but it wouldn't have hurt to at least mention classic stadiums since the stream was promoted as classic stadium deep dive.
I wouldn't worry about the classic stadiums not being in the game or the lack of info on them from yesterday. They even answered some questions about them in yesterday's stream. And if you notice the last thing mentioned on the blog and twitch stream schedule, it says "schedule is tentative and subject to change."

# 42 LastActionHero @ 03/16/16 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodperezto

2. Do flag shadows move on the field? Last year they were static. No biggie, just curious.

I wonder this as well.
I noticed it particular in AT&T Park where all the small flags above infield upperdeck are moving in the wind but static in the shadows on the field.

Indeed no biggie but would be nice.

# 43 tessl @ 03/16/16 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I wouldn't worry about the classic stadiums not being in the game or the lack of info on them from yesterday. They even answered some questions about them in yesterday's stream. And if you notice the last thing mentioned on the blog and twitch stream schedule, it says "schedule is tentative and subject to change."

I watched both streams in their entirety. Aside from a comment from Nick about the Polo Grounds which I didn't understand I don't remember anything about classic stadium.

# 44 Dolenz @ 03/16/16 11:21 AM
Quote:
3. Did Wilmer Flores, Juan Lagares and Noah Syndergaard get new facescans this spring? They stilll seem to have their old generic caps. I know they'd be in next year's game but it'd be something to look forward to.

You could tell that Ramone was kind of getting tired of the face scan questions yesterday. There were a lot of "I don't know" answers so I assume it would have been the same for these three.

# 45 rodperezto @ 03/16/16 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
You could tell that Ramone was kind of getting tired of the face scan questions yesterday. There were a lot of "I don't know" answers so I assume it would have been the same for these three.
Definitely understand.
On the other hand, what I'd like to know is whether they did facescans this spring. If they did, we won't see them until The Show 17.

I saw Flores, Lagares and Thor with generic caps on the streams this year, so, again, no biggie. It won't make me enjoy the game less.

The answer to the framerate question would be great to know, though.

# 46 dran1984 @ 03/16/16 11:39 AM
Quote:
I watched both streams in their entirety. Aside from a comment from Nick about the Polo Grounds which I didn't understand I don't remember anything about classic stadium.
I'm confused as to why people are concerned about classic stadiums because they weren't shown. This was a graphics stream not a stadium stream. The point was to show the PBR and improved graphics.

# 47 Dolenz @ 03/16/16 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I'm confused as to why people are concerned about classic stadiums because they weren't shown. This was a graphics stream not a stadium stream. The point was to show the PBR and improved graphics.

The actual schedule they have been showing mentioned Classic Stadiums as a topic of conversation for last nights stream.

But is also says TBD so it was not definite. I also seem to remember that at some point in last weeks stream they made it sound like one of the developers might not have been available for this stream.

# 48 Russell_SCEA @ 03/16/16 12:01 PM
The schedule and vlog announcing the schedule explicitly stated that nothing was set in stone and everything is/was tentative.

None of the stadium artists where available or they just didn't want to it. No giant conspiracy you'll either see them next week or when you get the game in two weeks. All of the announced classic stadiums are on the disc. It's never been implied otherwise.

# 49 dran1984 @ 03/16/16 12:01 PM
Quote:
The actual schedule they have been showing mentioned Classic Stadiums as a topic of conversation for last nights stream.

But is also says TBD so it was not definite. I also seem to remember that at some point in last weeks stream they made it sound like one of the developers might not have been available for this stream.
Ah...I didn't catch that.

# 50 Dolenz @ 03/16/16 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The schedule and vlog announcing the schedule explicitly stated that nothing was set in stone and everything is/was tentative.

None of the stadium artists where available or they just didn't want to it. No giant conspiracy you'll either see them next week or when you get the game in two weeks. All of the announced classic stadiums are on the disc. It's never been implied otherwise.
I thought I remembered you mentioning during last weeks stream that they might not be available.

Thanks for the streams and Congrats to Nick on his win

# 51 thaSLAB @ 03/16/16 01:00 PM
And there you have it... You can step away from the ledge.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 52 rodperezto @ 03/16/16 01:23 PM
Watching the stream again and thought it would be AMAZING if we had a couple different cams from the stands for watching cpu vs cpu games. You'd get the feel of the stadium and the crowd around you... especially for the future and VR integration.

# 53 yungkingston @ 03/16/16 02:15 PM
Quote:
Watching the stream again and thought it would be AMAZING if we had a couple different cams from the stands for watching cpu vs cpu games. You'd get the feel of the stadium and the crowd around you... especially for the future and VR integration.
This sounds amazing bro....co-sign.

# 54 Turbojugend @ 03/16/16 02:21 PM
Quote:
I'd love a "pick your seat" option, where you could actually choose a seat in the stands to view a CPU vs. CPU game from. For example, let's say you're a real-life potential season ticket holder and want to see the stadium view from a certain section, I believe we're approaching that level of authenticity.

# 55 Jeffrey Smith @ 03/16/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I'd love a "pick your seat" option, where you could actually choose a seat in the stands to view a CPU vs. CPU game from. For example, let's say you're a real-life potential season ticket holder and want to see the stadium view from a certain section, I believe we're approaching that level of authenticity.
I hope someday we can take virtual tours of MLB stadiums. I go to a couple Jays games every year but on my budget I'll never make it to A T&T in San Fran or Petco in San Diego or Safeco... you get the point.

Going down to Boston to see my Jays at Fenway is on my bucket list.

# 56 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/16/16 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
And there you have it... You can step away from the ledge.

But the ledge feels amazing...

With PSVR on, lol.

Quote:
With PSVR functionality as well... bliss!

# 57 AceAmy @ 03/16/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
LOL he wasnt having it yesterday,
Cant blame him though, thatd be tough same questions every week.
Owell almost over.

# 58 tessl @ 03/16/16 06:20 PM
Quote:
That was an option in high heat but it was bugged and caused the game to freeze. It was kind of neat to watch until the game froze.

# 59 thaSLAB @ 03/16/16 06:35 PM
Quote:
That was an option in high heat but it was bugged and caused the game to freeze. It was kind of neat to watch until the game froze.
At past CDs I've actually pitched/discussed a "Virtual Seat Spectator Mode", not only for CPU vs CPU games, but online H2H contests as well. Needless to say, it was a huge undertaking to implement... so it is out there in the universe. And I'll keep bringing it up until they tell me I'm crazy and to stop. [emoji15]

# 60 AceAmy @ 03/16/16 06:51 PM
Wouldve been funny if the stream were today and someone asked Nick if they had reason for retirement "I love my son" in the game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.