Home
DriveClub News Post

Sony has officially closed the door on Evolution Studios, the developer team behind Driveclub, MotorStorm and World Rally Championship. Jamie Bradshaw, Sr. Community Manager for Evolution Studios announced the end of the era on Twitter, along with Driveclub Game Director Paul Rustchynsky.

There has been no official word on whether or not Driveclub VR, shown off last week, will be released.

Quote:
It is regrettable that this decision will lead to compulsory redundancies. We accept that this decision will mean that we risk losing high calibre staff but by focusing on other Studios that already have exciting new projects in development we believe we will be in a stronger position going forward and able to offer the best possible content of the highest quality for our consumers.

Where possible we will try to reallocate people onto other projects. If appropriate opportunities are not possible within the company, we will assist staff in any way we can, including speaking with local employers and with other development companies.

Source - Games Industry

Game: DriveClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 4 - View All
DriveClub Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thaSLAB @ 03/22/16 12:57 PM

# 2 jaynral @ 03/22/16 03:03 PM
This is sad....Driveclub is a great game....Hopefully, they send those guys to work on gran turismo 7

# 3 sroz39 @ 03/22/16 03:55 PM
I'm starting to hate this industry. This studio's commitment to this game was second to none. A beautiful, fun, deep and challenging racing game is what you'll find if you play DriveClub today.

This and Forza 6 are my 1 and 1a for racing games this gen. This studio deserved better. Tough not to become jaded towards the video game industry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 4 pslieber @ 03/22/16 08:49 PM
Tragedy. Sroz39 hit the nail on the head: I've never seen a studio support a game this well...through so much adversity...and come out on the other side.

The game development model is broken. There is literally no reward to successful, non-indy product as development costs/marketing to support it - by default - always outpace profits. Publicly traded norms are a cruel mistress.

# 5 briguy4747 @ 03/23/16 03:02 AM
I haven't downloaded their recent patches...hopefully, these are still available ?!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.