Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Here is a new MLB The Show 16 video showing off all the jerseys and hats in the game this year. Post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 redsox4evur @ 03/28/16 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I asked this in another thread but this was the one I was actually looking for:

Does anyone know why the Cubs gray alternate is no longer in the game? Are they not wearing it this year? I'm referring to the gray jersey that says "CUBS" across the chest.
Because the Cubs aren't using them.

# 102 dran1984 @ 03/28/16 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I asked this in another thread but this was the one I was actually looking for:

Does anyone know why the Cubs gray alternate is no longer in the game? Are they not wearing it this year? I'm referring to the gray jersey that says "CUBS" across the chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Because the Cubs aren't using them.
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/713437085697486850

# 103 RLB @ 03/28/16 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You may want it...but you don't speak for everyone.
This is garbage.

M.K.
Knight165
I absolutely agree, I am an old guy and I love the throwback uniforms. It's a part of baseball history that I hope we never lose.

# 104 drstriker15 @ 03/28/16 10:40 PM
Every year its the same ole song and dance. I hear nothing but excuse after excuse when it comes to the uniforms. I shouldn't be that hard to get the unis correct. It shouldn't be about licenses, rights, money, etc etc etc.. Give us what we want, were are the ones who buy the game, if it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have a game to make in the first place.. Of course I'm still going to buy it because The Show is simply the best sports game made bar none I just don't understand why its hard to get the dang unis correct... Its mind boggling...

# 105 kehlis @ 03/28/16 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
It shouldn't be about licenses, rights, money, etc etc etc..
But it is.....

# 106 redsox4evur @ 03/28/16 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
But it is.....
And it will stay that way for as long as we are alive.

# 107 redsox4evur @ 03/28/16 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
Every year its the same ole song and dance. I hear nothing but excuse after excuse when it comes to the uniforms. I shouldn't be that hard to get the unis correct. It shouldn't be about licenses, rights, money, etc etc etc.. Give us what we want, were are the ones who buy the game, if it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have a game to make in the first place.. Of course I'm still going to buy it because The Show is simply the best sports game made bar none I just don't understand why its hard to get the dang unis correct... Its mind boggling...
You realize they are giving us what we want. You guys get your new jerseys that teams wear on the field and guys like Knight and myself get some throwbacks. So they are giving us what we want.

# 108 ninertravel @ 03/28/16 10:51 PM
I understand about licencing and all, but what is interesting is how inconsistent things can be. for example how did the mets style guide change from Blue to black in MLB 14 then back to Blue again in MLB 15?? when in 14 they didn't even change to the black they always used the blue, is that a style guide blame for that and it just suddenly changed for no reason in MLB 14??

some of these things sound real tight when looking at it logically

# 109 kehlis @ 03/28/16 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I understand about licencing and all, but what is interesting is how inconsistent things can be. for example how did the mets style guide change from Blue to black in MLB 14 then back to Blue again in MLB 15?? when in 14 they didn't even change to the black they always used the blue, is that a style guide blame for that and it just suddenly changed for no reason in MLB 14??

some of these things sound real tight when looking at it logically
I don't disagree. To me it goes back to how transparent this team has always been with us so they've won the benefit of the doubt from me.

Until the style guide is made public I can accept that as an answer at face value without doubting them. Can't say I would say the same for other games.

# 110 BFig @ 03/29/16 12:19 AM
Why are uniforms so limited? It's 10 slots, if i'm correct. They can have the sun and shadows move for every month of baseball but they have limited uniform slots. It's just mind boggling. I love uniforms, there's those people who just love to see what teams are wearing and that's me. I understand everyone has their likes and opinions, and i'm not bagging on that. Some want to see every alternates and some still want to have the throwbacks. I'm not trying to come off as a bad guy here. It's just a frustrating thing to see when you care so much about that aspect to the game. Also jersey color got overlooked in my original post, just look at these images of the Pirates black alternate. The jerseys should be the same color as the hat in the picture of the game. It has been like that since 14, someone at studio has to have caught this, it just can't be the community.

# 111 dran1984 @ 03/29/16 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFig
Why are uniforms so limited? It's 10 slots, if i'm correct. They can have the sun and shadows move for every month of baseball but they have limited uniform slots. It's just mind boggling. I love uniforms, there's those people who just love to see what teams are wearing and that's me. I understand everyone has their likes and opinions, and i'm not bagging on that. Some want to see every alternates and some still want to have the throwbacks. I'm not trying to come off as a bad guy here. It's just a frustrating thing to see when you care so much about that aspect to the game. Also jersey color got overlooked in my original post, just look at these images of the Pirates black alternate. The jerseys should be the same color as the hat in the picture of the game. It has been like that since 14, someone at studio has to have caught this, it just can't be the community.
I agree 100%

The Mariners home alternates are still way too dark and the Padres new browns are way off as well.

# 112 tremperbball10 @ 03/29/16 01:44 AM
I don't think it is far-fetched at all to say the uniform selection in this game is the worst part about this game, and year after year it happens and it never gets better. No problem having throwbacks in there but if a team wears a jersey on a weekly basis that jersey should be in the game. The uniform aspect is the most overlooked aspect of this game, I will still buy the show because i love playing it but I really wish they would add in more current alternates

# 113 dran1984 @ 03/29/16 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
The Twins pants do not switch in this video lol. I can only imagine. I don't think I can actually force myself to play the game if the road jerseys do not have stripes on the pants. It looks ridiculous. Well it did. They curiously did not switch pants here.
The Twins road pants do have the stripe this year.

# 114 dran1984 @ 03/29/16 04:22 AM
Quote:
:smile :
The first time I noticed that in the videos I knew you would be happy, so am I. They look so much better now.

# 115 dran1984 @ 03/29/16 04:33 AM
Quote:
The battle is over.
Enjoy the game!

# 116 Hawkalypse @ 03/29/16 04:40 AM
Not sure I understand the whole style guide thing.

If you're fully licensed by the MLB, you should be able to get the uniforms right. I know that's not always possible but the Mariners will wear the Sunday cremes 13 times this year, which is nearly 17 percent of their home games. That's kind of a lot. And it's not like they're new uniforms - they wore them 13 times last season. Heck, Junior wore the Sunday cremes when he was inducted into the Hall this offseason. They should be in the game.

Wish I had a better understanding of the style guide. Of course I'll still buy the game, but I would appreciate current uniform options. I've seen M's throwback uniforms that I've literally never seen them wear.

Every fan of this game deserves to have current uniforms options - that's all I'm trying to say.

# 117 dran1984 @ 03/29/16 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkalypse
Not sure I understand the whole style guide thing.

If you're fully licensed by the MLB, you should be able to get the uniforms right. I know that's not always possible but the Mariners will wear the Sunday cremes 13 times this year, which is nearly 17 percent of their home games. That's kind of a lot. And it's not like they're new uniforms - they wore them 13 times last season. Heck, Junior wore the Sunday cremes when he was inducted into the Hall this offseason. They should be in the game.

Wish I had a better understanding of the style guide. Of course I'll still buy the game, but I would appreciate current uniform options. I've seen M's throwback uniforms that I've literally never seen them wear.

Every fan of this game deserves to have current uniforms options - that's all I'm trying to say.
Ummm...Junior won't be inducted into the HOF until later this summer. The style guide isn't the issue with the Mariners jersey. Like most of the jerseys not included in The Show, the reason that it is not in is due to "uniform slots". In game each team only has space for 2 home/away, 2 alternates, 4 throwbacks, and 2 BP jerseys. So because the Mariners have a "southwest green" home alt and a dark blue road alt there is no room left for the Sunday jersey. When it comes to situations like these the devs just make a decisions on what 2 jerseys to include in the game. Until they find a way to add more space for jerseys teams with more then 2 alternates will always have this problem.

# 118 CMH @ 03/29/16 07:32 AM
And guys have to understand, or learn to, that the sun rising or setting on the right path has very little to do with having the right uniforms.

Saying that is like saying the radio show is taking time away from swing animations. It really isn't.

I would probably even bet it takes more system resources to have 10 uniform slots than it does to have the sun in the right spot on August 23. It's not just some copy and paste uniform. It's something that needs to be rendered and applied across all players in the game and it's doing that to make sure your third baseman doesn't wear the wrong uniform while your shortstop fields the ball behind him.

# 119 BL8001 @ 03/29/16 11:59 AM
This would all be simply solved if they used a system like PES.

Just give us 3 create a uniform slots per team and show us what the template should look like for importing and let the community have at it.

And the rendering and applying is just based on Asset location. Just like how PES works.

You can have 27 kits/uniforms for 1 team. You can use any combination of 4 while the other 23 sit on your HDD. You can swap them for the existing kit whenever you feel like doing it.

A quick fix right now would be to have the devs take one of the existing slots and allow a created uniform to be added into that slot. That way anybody could swap a uniform they think is seldom used for a uniform they desire to be added into the game.

A better fix would be to give us 3 create-a-uni slots per team.

For how friendly the MLB team is with the community, and this is quite amazing, kudos to them, and how often these same uniform complaints occur and the style guide is "in the way" of satisfaction happen every year, it has puzzled me why they haven't handed a few create a uni slots to us.

# 120 ChadNikk @ 03/29/16 03:22 PM
Year after year, I wait patiently to see if the Rockies sleeveless black jersey is fixed. But every year, it's another let down. Purple sleeves on black jerseys. Show me a Rockies player that wears purple sleeves with that uniform. It's always black short sleeves, black 3/4 sleeves, or black long sleeves like this:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen a player wear purple sleeves with that jersey since the Rockies even got those. Not sure why it's in the style guide that way.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.