Home
R.B.I. Baseball 16 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 16 is available now for PC (on Steam $19.99) Xbox One ($19.99), Android ($4.99) and iOS ($4.99) and should be available later today for PlayStation 4 ($19.99) users. Play a few games and post your thoughts!

UPDATE: It is now available for PlayStation 4 users.

Features

Make the play
  • Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series!
Feel the action
  • R.B.I. Baseball 16 features new fielding moves like dives, wall catches, pump-fakes and more!
New and Improved
  • R.B.I. 16 features enhanced lighting and graphics, revamped defensive AI and improved batting system.
Season
  • Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons. Sim through games in Season mode!
Your Team, Your Way
  • Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball 16-player rosters. Downloadable roster updates throughout the 2016 season.
Multiplayer
  • Take your skills to the next level and compete online (Console and PC versions only)
More Details
  • Defense: A redeveloped defensive AI will introduce new fielding capabilities including dives, wall catches, fake throws and more. This system will give users more control than ever before in making defensive plays.
  • Baserunning: Built in part from MLBAM's award-winning tracking technology, Statcast™, baserunners' abilities will be driven by on-field metrics from the 2015 MLB season.
  • Batting: An improved batting engine will feature variable perfect timing. For the best outcome, swing earlier on inside pitches and later on outside pitches.
  • Pitching: With a reworked pitching strategy AI, pitchers will play to their individual strengths. For example, a pitcher who features a wide range of velocity will mix speeds more often.
  • Season SIM: During season mode play, sim a game or multiple games to quickly advance through the season and into the postseason -- should the team win its division or earn a Wild Card spot.
  • Lineup: Modify a team's lineup pregame or in-game, including substitution strategies such as double switches. Lineups can be set from a franchise's 40-man roster or the game's classic 16-player rosters.
  • Graphics: All 30 MLB ballparks will feature a new lighting system based on actual geographic locations, field views and additional hi-resolution realistic design elements.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jyoung @ 03/29/16 01:29 AM

R.B.I. Baseball 16 is available now for PC (on Steam $19.99) Xbox One ($19.99), Android ($4.99) and iOS ($4.99) and should be available later today for PlayStation 4 ($19.99) users. Play a few games and post your thoughts!

UPDATE: It is now available for PlayStation 4 users.

Features

Make the play
  • Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series!
Feel the action
  • R.B.I. Baseball 16 features new fielding moves like dives, wall catches, pump-fakes and more!
New and Improved
  • R.B.I. 16 features enhanced lighting and graphics, revamped defensive AI and improved batting system.
Season
  • Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons. Sim through games in Season mode!
Your Team, Your Way
  • Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball 16-player rosters. Downloadable roster updates throughout the 2016 season.
Multiplayer
  • Take your skills to the next level and compete online (Console and PC versions only)
More Details
  • Defense: A redeveloped defensive AI will introduce new fielding capabilities including dives, wall catches, fake throws and more. This system will give users more control than ever before in making defensive plays.
  • Baserunning: Built in part from MLBAM's award-winning tracking technology, Statcast™, baserunners' abilities will be driven by on-field metrics from the 2015 MLB season.
  • Batting: An improved batting engine will feature variable perfect timing. For the best outcome, swing earlier on inside pitches and later on outside pitches.
  • Pitching: With a reworked pitching strategy AI, pitchers will play to their individual strengths. For example, a pitcher who features a wide range of velocity will mix speeds more often.
  • Season SIM: During season mode play, sim a game or multiple games to quickly advance through the season and into the postseason -- should the team win its division or earn a Wild Card spot.
  • Lineup: Modify a team's lineup pregame or in-game, including substitution strategies such as double switches. Lineups can be set from a franchise's 40-man roster or the game's classic 16-player rosters.
  • Graphics: All 30 MLB ballparks will feature a new lighting system based on actual geographic locations, field views and additional hi-resolution realistic design elements.

# 2 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/29/16 01:41 AM
Just started my download, wanna see what we got here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 3 jyoung @ 03/29/16 02:48 AM
Looks like there's a pretty good selection of uniforms in RBI Baseball 16. I see Home, Road, Alts, and Retro for every team. The Montreal Expos even made it in the game:

# 4 pistolpete @ 03/29/16 07:48 AM
Guys who get the game, let me know if multiple season mode is any semblance of a franchise mode.

# 5 bgl216 @ 03/29/16 08:56 AM
Please tell me you can edit & trade players from team to team.

# 6 boomhauertjs @ 03/29/16 09:18 AM
Also available on Steam today:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/407690

Edit: Looks like IOS and Android are out today too. A nice surprise considering last year they came out all much later than PS4/Xbone versions.

# 7 idigfoo9 @ 03/29/16 10:46 AM
Yes, I would also like to know if the season mode is like franchise even in the slightest. Last year had multiple seasons but you couldn't trade sign or release players? Am I remembering that correctly?

EDIT: Looks like it is the same

http://m.campussports.net/rbi-baseball-16-preview/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 pistolpete @ 03/29/16 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
Yes, I would also like to know if the season mode is like franchise even in the slightest. Last year had multiple seasons but you couldn't trade sign or release players? Am I remembering that correctly?

EDIT: Looks like it is the same

http://m.campussports.net/rbi-baseball-16-preview/

The way that is written is pretty ambiguous. I wonder if they were locked and loaded with a introduction into franchise mode but didn't want to oversell it.

# 9 idigfoo9 @ 03/29/16 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
The way that is written is pretty ambiguous. I wonder if they were locked and loaded with a introduction into franchise mode but didn't want to oversell it.

What do you mean? It says it plain as day in the article.

# 10 Steve_OS @ 03/29/16 12:45 PM
Updated the OP, it is now available for PS4 users.

# 11 pistolpete @ 03/29/16 12:50 PM
Quote:
What do you mean? It says it plain as day in the article.
The article says "The game features a season mode that spans multiple years, online and couch multiplayer as well as the ability to manage your 40-man roster in ways you see fit. "

Season mode than spans multiple years? That reads a little like franchise.

However, it sounds like there is none. Pretty disappointing.

# 12 idigfoo9 @ 03/29/16 01:00 PM
The article also says:

"That being said, there isn’t the option of free agency or trades during season mode, though that is something being looked at for future installments of the game."

# 13 bowld @ 03/29/16 01:30 PM
Just played a few innings on PC. It is basically the same arcady gameplay as past versions with updated graphics, stadiums and animations. I can see it being fun to play with friends but due to the non-sim gameplay I dont see myself playing it much vs cpu

# 14 idigfoo9 @ 03/29/16 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Just played a few innings on PC. It is basically the same arcady gameplay as past versions with updated graphics, stadiums and animations. I can see it being fun to play with friends but due to the non-sim gameplay I dont see myself playing it much vs cpu

How much different is it than last years? Does it fix any of the fielding issues from 15? If not I'll just play 15.

# 15 MLBGames @ 03/29/16 02:06 PM
Quote:
How much different is it than last years? Does it fix any of the fielding issues from 15? If not I'll just play 15.
The balance is quite different from 15. You'll see more hit variety and a much improved "feel" to the hit outcomes - pull, oppo, good contact, weak contact should always feel like the right outcome. You will also see a lot more dives, as well as missed leaps and lunges. You will also see players crash into walls and rob homeruns on occasion.

After playing a lot of 16, when going back to 15, it feels like a completely different game. The balance of pitch speed, hit speed, run speed, throw speed is all different.

# 16 bowld @ 03/29/16 02:13 PM
I didnt play last yrs game so cannot compare

# 17 idigfoo9 @ 03/29/16 02:22 PM
So refresh my memory, since I played mostly exhibition games on 15, what happens after the World Series in season mode? Do you just start another season with the same players year after year?

# 18 jyoung @ 03/29/16 04:17 PM
Here's some Xbox One RBI Baseball 16 gameplay featuring the Toronto Blue Jays against the Tampa Bay Rays in Opening Day of Season mode:

It seems like even on Medium difficulty, you can leave tired pitchers in way past their expiration point and the CPU won't capitalize that much. In this particular game, R.A. Dickey got most of his 17 strikeouts after all of his stamina was gone.

# 19 jyoung @ 03/30/16 01:48 AM
The online experience has not been good so far on Xbox One.

It took me about 5 to 15 minutes of continuous searching to find an opponent for an online game, even during prime time in the evening.

Of the three games I did manage to start tonight, all of them had very noticeable input lag and screen stuttering. And two of them were automatically aborted before the end of the third inning due to a bandwidth error:

# 20 boomhauertjs @ 03/30/16 07:20 AM
How's the gameplay jyoung? Does it feel different from last year, as the developer stated above?

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.