Home
R.B.I. Baseball 16 News Post

R.B.I. Baseball 16 is available now for PC (on Steam $19.99) Xbox One ($19.99), Android ($4.99) and iOS ($4.99) and should be available later today for PlayStation 4 ($19.99) users. Play a few games and post your thoughts!

UPDATE: It is now available for PlayStation 4 users.

Features

Make the play
  • Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series!
Feel the action
  • R.B.I. Baseball 16 features new fielding moves like dives, wall catches, pump-fakes and more!
New and Improved
  • R.B.I. 16 features enhanced lighting and graphics, revamped defensive AI and improved batting system.
Season
  • Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons. Sim through games in Season mode!
Your Team, Your Way
  • Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball 16-player rosters. Downloadable roster updates throughout the 2016 season.
Multiplayer
  • Take your skills to the next level and compete online (Console and PC versions only)
More Details
  • Defense: A redeveloped defensive AI will introduce new fielding capabilities including dives, wall catches, fake throws and more. This system will give users more control than ever before in making defensive plays.
  • Baserunning: Built in part from MLBAM's award-winning tracking technology, Statcast™, baserunners' abilities will be driven by on-field metrics from the 2015 MLB season.
  • Batting: An improved batting engine will feature variable perfect timing. For the best outcome, swing earlier on inside pitches and later on outside pitches.
  • Pitching: With a reworked pitching strategy AI, pitchers will play to their individual strengths. For example, a pitcher who features a wide range of velocity will mix speeds more often.
  • Season SIM: During season mode play, sim a game or multiple games to quickly advance through the season and into the postseason -- should the team win its division or earn a Wild Card spot.
  • Lineup: Modify a team's lineup pregame or in-game, including substitution strategies such as double switches. Lineups can be set from a franchise's 40-man roster or the game's classic 16-player rosters.
  • Graphics: All 30 MLB ballparks will feature a new lighting system based on actual geographic locations, field views and additional hi-resolution realistic design elements.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 crowhop @ 03/30/16 09:50 AM
Is there a Roster Editing feature?
Is it easily possible to Edit the Names, Players, Positions, Attributes of the Rosters?
Say I wanted to re-create the 1927 Yankees...can I do it?

I want to buy this game (via Steam)...but if you can't truly change it up, I'll pass on it, again.

# 22 ryhuz99 @ 03/30/16 10:17 AM
this is the same game as last year. A little better graphics. but where is this dive button? do they just dive automatically and randomly?

# 23 jyoung @ 03/30/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
Is there a Roster Editing feature?
Is it easily possible to Edit the Names, Players, Positions, Attributes of the Rosters?
The only adjustments you can make to the rosters are changing players' positions and moving them around the bench/reserves/starters screens.

There are no trades or player editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhuz99
but where is this dive button? do they just dive automatically and randomly?
Diving and jumping is completely automated for some reason. There's no dive/jump button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
How's the gameplay jyoung? Does it feel different from last year, as the developer stated above?
I didn't play RBI 15 but I played RBI 14 and it still feels pretty similar to that one overall. The improvements since then are more subtle tweaks than major earth-shaking moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
So refresh my memory, since I played mostly exhibition games on 15, what happens after the World Series in season mode? Do you just start another season with the same players year after year?
The schedule resets and you start playing the next season immediately. There's no off-season, draft, free agency, or player progression.

# 24 Fiddy @ 03/30/16 09:56 PM
I might snag this on my iPhone. Can you play multiple seasons like the console versions?

# 25 GruffyMcGuiness @ 03/30/16 10:52 PM
I cannot hit on this game. 3 games in and I have two runs total on easy. Can't believe I can hit on the show but not this game

# 26 jyoung @ 03/31/16 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I cannot hit on this game. 3 games in and I have two runs total on easy. Can't believe I can hit on the show but not this game
Maybe you're accidentally triggering the grounder swing (up on joystick) or the power swing (down on joystick)?

I've had the most hitting success with the neutral swing (no command on joystick).

You can also get a hitting boost by bringing in a pinch hitter or by having a hitter at the plate with handedness that's opposite the pitcher's throwing hand.

Quote:
I might snag this on my iPhone. Can you play multiple seasons like the console versions?
I haven't played that version yet but I'd assume it's the best value just based on its price if the features are at all similar to the console version.

# 27 boomhauertjs @ 03/31/16 07:13 AM
I bought the IOS version and played about half a game last night. The gameplay is very similar to last year's, though I did see a few dives/jumps and the number of gappers seemed to be less than last year. The ball is very hard to see on the mobile version, both coming from the pitchers hand and in the field. Several people have complained on the App Store reviews about that, so hopefully it will be patched. I enjoyed the game last year, though the fact you had to play every game during the season was frustrating, so the ability to sim games (and updated rosters) will make it worth my $5.

# 28 MLBGames @ 03/31/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness

Are you playing the mobile version?

Quote:
The ball is very hard to see on the mobile version, both coming from the pitchers hand and in the field.

There is a mobile patch in the works to make the ball the same size as it was in 15 , as well as some performance improvements to reduce the occasional hitches. We had made the ball smaller for consoles and Steam, because it was comically large (bigger than a softball), but this doesn't work on mobile. This patch should land sometime next week.

# 29 MLBGames @ 03/31/16 09:44 AM
Another good tip for batting - which may seem obvious, but worth mentioning - is to try to make contact on the barrel. It makes a big difference!

# 30 Fiddy @ 03/31/16 12:16 PM
Quote:
I bought the IOS version and played about half a game last night. The gameplay is very similar to last year's, though I did see a few dives/jumps and the number of gappers seemed to be less than last year. The ball is very hard to see on the mobile version, both coming from the pitchers hand and in the field. Several people have complained on the App Store reviews about that, so hopefully it will be patched. I enjoyed the game last year, though the fact you had to play every game during the season was frustrating, so the ability to sim games (and updated rosters) will make it worth my $5.
Can you play multiple seasons on the iOS version like on console version?

# 31 MLBGames @ 03/31/16 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Can you play multiple seasons on the iOS version like on console version?
Yes you can.

# 32 boomhauertjs @ 03/31/16 02:57 PM
MLBGames, just wanted to thank you for coming to the forums and interacting with us.

I also want to tell you that I really enjoy the IOS version of RBI. It plays a really good game of baseball on there and the patches you released last year really helped the gameplay. The only real big drawback for me in RBI 2015 was the inability to sim games since I don't have the time to play 162 games. Thanks for adding that feature in. I know you guys get a lot of grief from people hoping for an Xbox/PC alternative to The Show, so I thought you would appreciate some positive feedback for a change. Looking forward to another season of RBI and more enhancements in future versions.

# 33 MLBGames @ 03/31/16 03:18 PM
Thanks boomhauertjs!

I think people are starting to understand what RBI is all about and we are generally getting less of the "why aren't you that other product?" reactions. And with the refinements we've continued to make, some people such as yourself are also beginning to appreciate that it plays a really solid game of baseball. I find that each game feels different. Blowouts, barn burners, pitching duels. You get it all and it all feels like a game that could have occurred in real life, even though the gameplay is simple and quick.

We're always listening to the feedback and the features that people want to see. We know some are disappointed that more hasn't been added to the roster / franchise type features, but we felt backend gameplay still warranted the bulk of our attention for this go around. We hope to bring you all more great stuff in the future!

# 34 oakevin @ 03/31/16 04:19 PM
How many difficulty settings are there? And any other difficulty settings besides the base options?

Also ,can you change difficulty during a season?

Thanks!

# 35 MLBGames @ 03/31/16 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
How many difficulty settings are there? And any other difficulty settings besides the base options?

Also ,can you change difficulty during a season?

Thanks!
Three settings: Easy, Medium (default), and Hard. You can change it at any time.

# 36 Fiddy @ 03/31/16 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Yes you can.
Awesome. I think I may go the iOS route this year.

Thanks for the reponse.

# 37 Delray @ 03/31/16 10:05 PM
I was going to purchase this game via steam on release day because I read somewhere that users now could control dives and jumps manually unless I misunderstood what I saw. I read on the forum here that those options are still controlled automatically, but what's confusing me is that last years RBI 15 there were dives and jumps that were controlled automatically....so why is it mentioned on the RBI the game website that dives and jumps are now in if it's the same as last year?

# 38 MLBGames @ 04/01/16 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray
why is it mentioned on the RBI the game website that dives and jumps are now in if it's the same as last year?
Dives existed in the game last year, but they were very rare and more often than not they did not occur when you would have liked them to. This is an area we focused heavily on for 16. Dives and jumps will occur much more frequently. We've added many more ways for them to occur. In addition, there are now missed catch, jump, and dive attempts on balls that are just out of reach (or in the case of a dive, it has a small chance to be missed even within reach; and all of these types of catch attempts have a greater chance to be bobbled/deflected than a regular catch), which adds more excitement and suspense to the play. We've also added more wall interactions: leaping HR robs, leaning over a low wall or railing catches, and on-the-run catch-and-crash-into-the-wall animations.

# 39 GlennN @ 04/01/16 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Thanks boomhauertjs!

I think people are starting to understand what RBI is all about and we are generally getting less of the "why aren't you that other product?" reactions. And with the refinements we've continued to make, some people such as yourself are also beginning to appreciate that it plays a really solid game of baseball. I find that each game feels different. Blowouts, barn burners, pitching duels. You get it all and it all feels like a game that could have occurred in real life, even though the gameplay is simple and quick.

We're always listening to the feedback and the features that people want to see. We know some are disappointed that more hasn't been added to the roster / franchise type features, but we felt backend gameplay still warranted the bulk of our attention for this go around. We hope to bring you all more great stuff in the future!
Understood, but (speaking for myself) at this stage, I am spoiled by the state of sports videogames in general. I need a franchise mode, at least in some form. Failing that, at the very least, I need an ability to edit players and move them around. For me, iPhones are great for simple games (like Angry Birds), or for a text sim (iOOTP is great), but I just can't play a sports arcade game on my iPhone (Vita, yes, but that's a different issue!). I am hoping next year, RBI will come back with at least a basic franchise mode and editing ability, and I'll be there to buy!

# 40 MLBGames @ 04/01/16 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I am hoping next year, RBI will come back with at least a basic franchise mode and editing ability, and I'll be there to buy!
I hope you get your wish!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.