Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Due to the ongoing server issues with MLB The Show 16, SCEA will issue fans 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs, acknowledging the frustration from owners. The stubs and packs will be delivered in waves, so if you aren't seeing them yet, please be patient. They should show up before Tuesday, April 12.

For those of you that have opened packs, let us know what you got!

Quote:
Every season, there’s nothing we look forward to more than finally getting a new version of MLB The Show into our fans’ hands. We spend our offseason striving to make the best baseball game possible, aided by an amazing community that buoys us with their support and terrific feedback.

The Show 16 is the culmination of all of that, a labor of love for all of us, and while we’re proud of everything we put in the package this year, our initial online experience has been inconsistent.

We apologize that the excitement of launch and the start of the season has been soured by these issues. Our team is taking every step necessary and working around the clock to stabilize our online servers as soon as possible.

In acknowledgment of the frustration these issues have caused, if you’ve played The Show 16 while connected to PlayStation Network before 1 pm PDT, Friday, April 8, we’re adding 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs to your account. Stubs will show up automatically by Tuesday, April 12; no redemption required. Packs can be accessed in the “Open Packs” section by Tuesday, April 12 (via “Main Menu > My Locker > Inventory > Open Packs”).

To those of you who’ve reached out to us during this week, and to the many more who we haven’t heard from but who may have been affected, we extend our endless thanks and appreciation for your patience and ongoing support.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 coopsta007 @ 04/09/16 12:08 PM
Ended up getting my 5k stubs and 10 packs this morning. Opened mine up and below are the silver cards I got. Everything else was bronze/common cards.

Silver
Brandon Finnegan (SP)
Alexei Ramirez (SS)
Jean Segura (SS)
Dioner Navarro (C)

# 82 lrod4 @ 04/09/16 12:37 PM
Received my Stubs and packs today. Pulled a Gold Lindor. Looked on the market and saw that it is going for about 7,700 stubs, might sell and turn around and get some more packs.

We will see.

Thanks for taking care of the players.

# 83 livinitup921 @ 04/09/16 12:51 PM
Silver Joe panik and silver Lance lynn. That's it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

# 84 skaloper @ 04/09/16 01:02 PM
Pulled a Diamond Craig Kimbrel and a couple other silvers. Not the best Diamond pull but I'll take it!

# 85 eF 5ive @ 04/09/16 02:12 PM
Matt Harvey diamond and Salazar gold were my top two cards. I don't play any of the modes that use these cards but I do find it fun trying to fill my binder through the year.

Really cool move to acknowledge the issues and provide something to the fan base.

# 86 nhanson13 @ 04/09/16 02:26 PM
Just pulled this in my second pack.. Holy crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 87 torpidbeaver @ 04/09/16 02:47 PM
Ugh. Can't help but feel a little bitter when you don't get a single Gold card in 10 packs. But you still can't play DD, anyway.

# 88 myghty @ 04/09/16 03:11 PM
Only received a Gold Glove. Everything else was meh. Great gesture though by the Devs to compensate for the online issues.

# 89 basebalfan3000 @ 04/09/16 03:29 PM
Gold brian dozer

# 90 Fiddy @ 04/09/16 03:31 PM
I got a Stanton card. 96 overall i think.

# 91 TheWarmWind @ 04/09/16 04:04 PM
Garret Richards and a diamond bat. Bat went up on the marketplace. DD has replaced RttS as my new "off" mode.

Thank you SDS it was very nice.

# 92 brushbackpitch @ 04/09/16 04:14 PM
My son and I each got the bonus. (Separate accounts). I landed a few silvers and a gold ritual worth about 1K. My son had a few silvers as well and a gold equipment piece, with about 195. No great pulls but a huge thanks to SCEA for doing this!

# 93 Side Effect @ 04/09/16 04:37 PM
I had bad luck with my packs! Best I got was the Gold Under Armor Yard Undeniable Batting Gloves which I sold for 2450. Danny Farquhar was my guaranteed silver and next best 2 were Silver Pedro Baez and DJ LeMahieu. Was really hoping for a Diamond or at least a Gold.

# 94 johnjimmy @ 04/09/16 04:41 PM
Gold yu darvish
Silver brett cecil
Diamond kenley jansen

# 95 HypoLuxa13 @ 04/09/16 04:49 PM
I got several good Silver player cards that I can use on my team in Conquest, most useful being Xander Bogarts; a definite upgrade at SS. Also Sal Perez and Alex Gordon and a couple pitchers.

Also got Gold Nike sunglasses and a Gold Franklin elbow guard.

# 96 ARMORALLL @ 04/09/16 05:05 PM
Bautista and Carlos Gonzalez in my outfield now!

# 97 Madden's Jowels @ 04/09/16 05:38 PM
Picked up 2 golds in the packs, Cueto and Holland. Not too bad

# 98 BBallcoach @ 04/09/16 05:57 PM
i got the diamond nike glove!

# 99 BeatArmy @ 04/09/16 06:21 PM
Tulo, Arrieta, Correa and a gold bat. Yup, thanks, SCEA.

Now to the franchise issues....

# 100 B_Wrobel @ 04/09/16 07:14 PM
I landed Shawn Tolleson, Jaime Garcia, Jose Reyes, Colby Rasmus, and Mike Minor that are silvers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.