Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page over the past few days. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Updated Attribute/Perks/Movesets for various fighters
  • AI logic, submission and game plan tuning
  • Reduced damage on consecutive uppercut combos
  • When two opposing strikes land in quick succession, the 1st will take power off the 2nd
  • New strike intercept framework. #stoppingpower #longlivethejab #shutdownspinning**** #timingiseverything
  • Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage
  • If a parry is mistimed, block will no longer be activated automatically
  • And to maintain balance, submissions from bottom guard have been made a little harder to pull off as well
  • Made passing guard from postured down position more difficult
  • Increased grapple advantage given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
  • The bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side will no longer be interrupted by strikes
  • Bottom fighter is now given grapple advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side control
  • In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage
  • Elbows and punches in muay thai clinch will no longer interrupt transition attempts
  • Fixed a bug where early or pre-emptive standing TD denials didn't punish stamina on the fighter who was denied
  • Getting your clinch attempt denied will now incur a much larger stamina penalty
  • Clinch attempts will be reduced in speed, making them easier to deny
  • Diaz Brothers now have the Stockton Slap.
  • Plus AI improvements.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phobia @ 04/11/16 01:40 PM
LOL the stockton slap is in!!!!

# 2 aholbert32 @ 04/11/16 01:51 PM
When two opposing strikes land in quick succession, the 1st will take power off the 2nd #patchspolers #EASPORTSUFC2

# 3 Serengeti1 @ 04/11/16 02:15 PM
A lot of this stuff is good I think. However, it's difficult to say without testing it out. One thing I don't like is them making the clinch useless... this is what happens when everyone bitches about it without learning how to use it tho. It certainly needed to be balanced more but I think they went too far. They've nerfed it in 3 different ways. Maybe it will play nicely once I get used to it tho.

Having said that about the clinch... one of the glaring problems with it is that blocking takedowns is much harder than blocking someone shooting for a single or double leg. I went through a phase of questioning whether I was even pressing the right buttons. I don't know if it was intentional or not but they definitely seem harder to deny than takedowns outside the clinch.

The fact that they added the stockton slap makes me so happy tho lol.

# 4 RyanLaFalce @ 04/11/16 02:29 PM
I like it. I like it a lot. AI definitely needs to be a bit tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 jeremym480 @ 04/11/16 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Plus AI improvements.

# 6 aholbert32 @ 04/11/16 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I cant talk about them yet but Skynet has mentioned some of the things he's looking at in other threads.

# 7 BDKiiing @ 04/11/16 05:10 PM
I'm more interested in when we'll get some more fighters DLC. But this is cool.

# 8 Siorai56 @ 04/11/16 05:10 PM
any word on additional fighters? Legends etc?

# 9 SwedishTouch76 @ 04/11/16 06:33 PM
Over 200 fighters and you guys are already worried about DLC? I think giving slow GA to the guy in bottom sprawl is a mistake. If I have Khabib or some high lvl grappler I'll gladly accept that position and reverse you. Feels like a copout. I understand why they did it as you can hold guys there but we shall see how it plays out...

# 10 BDKiiing @ 04/11/16 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Over 200 fighters and you guys are already worried about DLC? I think giving slow GA to the guy in bottom sprawl is a mistake. If I have Khabib or some high lvl grappler I'll gladly accept that position and reverse you. Feels like a copout. I understand why they did it as you can hold guys there but we shall see how it plays out...

I want that Cyborg DLC....

# 11 RyanLaFalce @ 04/11/16 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski

I want The Black Beast!

# 12 aholbert32 @ 04/11/16 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I want The Black Beast!
Lewis is already in the game.

# 13 aholbert32 @ 04/11/16 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I dont know who is or if there is going to be DLC but it may be a little too early for Cyborg. She just joined the UFC less than 2 weeks ago and it takes some time to create new characters (especially someone with as many tats as she has).

Maybe we will be surprised though.

# 14 aholbert32 @ 04/11/16 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76

It was a no brainer change because there is no way for you to gain grapple advantage from sprawl because you cant strike from that position. The really good grapplers could hold you there all day. Also its unrealistic. Fighters dont hold people in sprawl easily in real life.

Regarding DLC, I want them to continue to add fighters. There are still top fighters and top 15 fighters missing from the game.

# 15 Badasi12b @ 04/11/16 09:01 PM
I don't know if better AI is needed... if anything the AI is too good at times! I lost to Joe Freaking Rogan while using Ben Henderson! WTF?! I play on normal difficulty!

# 16 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/11/16 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasi12b
I don't know if better AI is needed... if anything the AI is too good at times! I lost to Joe Freaking Rogan while using Ben Henderson! WTF?! I play on normal difficulty!
Better AI is definitely needed. Once you get half way decent with the game, the game is very easy to beat because the AI is brain dead in certain areas and becomes way too predictable.

# 17 pdandy @ 04/11/16 09:58 PM
I like the change list so far. Very eager to see those AI changes though. Can't wait to start a new career playthrough.

# 18 Pappy Knuckles @ 04/11/16 11:32 PM
Quote:

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page over the past few days. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Reduced damage on consecutive uppercut combos
  • When two opposing strikes land in quick succession, the 1st will take power off the 2nd
  • New strike intercept framework. #stoppingpower #longlivethejab #shutdownspinning**** #timingiseverything
  • Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage
  • If a parry is mistimed, block will no longer be activated automatically
  • And to maintain balance, submissions from bottom guard have been made a little harder to pull off as well
  • Made passing guard from postured down position more difficult
  • Increased grapple advantage given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
  • The bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side will no longer be interrupted by strikes
  • Bottom fighter is now given grapple advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side control
  • In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage
  • Elbows and punches in muay thai clinch will no longer interrupt transition attempts
  • Fixed a bug where early or pre-emptive standing TD denials didn't punish stamina on the fighter who was denied
  • Getting your clinch attempt denied will now incur a much larger stamina penalty
  • Clinch attempts will be reduced in speed, making them easier to deny
  • Diaz Brothers now have the Stockton Slap.
  • Plus AI improvements.
I'm especially pleased about these. Bring it on!

# 19 mosdef328 @ 04/11/16 11:46 PM
Quote:
It was a no brainer change because there is no way for you to gain grapple advantage from sprawl because you cant strike from that position. The really good grapplers could hold you there all day. Also its unrealistic. Fighters dont hold people in sprawl easily in real life.

Regarding DLC, I want them to continue to add fighters. There are still top fighters and top 15 fighters missing from the game.
Just curious aholbert who are the fighters you really want them to add. I want them to add more as well, just want to know your top wanted adds?

# 20 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdef328
Just curious aholbert who are the fighters you really want them to add. I want them to add more as well, just want to know your top wanted adds?
Cyborg, Cote, Tumenov, Larkin, Schvecenko

I'm really not interested in any classic fighters because the ones I want, the UFC wont put in their game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.