Home
R.B.I. Baseball 16 News Post

The R.B.I. Baseball 16 opening day roster update is available now, welcoming in Trevor Story, Tyler Wesley Naquin, Colin Walsh and many more. The game is available on PC (Steam $19.99) Xbox One ($19.99), Android ($4.99) and iOS ($4.99) and PlayStation 4 ($19.99).

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 josephid @ 04/14/16 08:18 AM
The gameplay is simple, but I have to say I play it more than any other sports game. Too bad RBI creators don't realize that gamers want a million options. design own team, make logos, edit names create players. Change look and abilities and so on.

Again, game play is perfect, just hate that I can't make the 85 Cardnals or 88 Mets. Heck, people would play it more if they could make highschool teams and so on. Why not have downloadable historic teams? Even better, roster share. Drop the MLB license and let us make who ever we want. More people would buy it.

# 2 MLBGames @ 04/14/16 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
The gameplay is simple, but I have to say I play it more than any other sports game. Too bad RBI creators don't realize that gamers want a million options. design own team, make logos, edit names create players. Change look and abilities and so on.

Again, game play is perfect, just hate that I can't make the 85 Cardnals or 88 Mets. Heck, people would play it more if they could make highschool teams and so on. Why not have downloadable historic teams? Even better, roster share. Drop the MLB license and let us make who ever we want. More people would buy it.
Thanks for the feedback. We realize all of that. It's a matter of resources and what can be accomplished within a given iteration. We are glad you like the gameplay. That was the focus this go-around. Building a baseball video game from scratch is no simple feat. Getting the basics in place took the 1st two iterations, but we were not satisfied with the gameplay. Since all the bells and whistles don't matter without good gameplay, we felt that refining the gameplay should be the focus for RBI 16.

And we are MLB, so there is no license, other than with the players association, but it will be an MLB product for as long as we make it.

# 3 Twigg4075 @ 04/18/16 08:19 AM
Was there another roster update? I feel like every time I boot the game up it's prompting me to download another roster update. I've noticed it at least three times.

# 4 guiheju @ 04/19/16 10:25 AM
it's prompting me to download another roster update. I've noticed it at least three times.

# 5 MLBGames @ 04/19/16 10:36 AM
It is all the same roster in terms of players available. The second update fixed an issue with rookies' displayed 2015 stats (they showed another player's stats when clearly they should not have any). It only affected their displayed 2015 stats, not their attributes. The third fixed an issue with Classic 16 Season Mode All-Star Game. Each update was released roughly 24 hours after the last.

# 6 Twigg4075 @ 04/19/16 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
It is all the same roster in terms of players available. The second update fixed an issue with rookies' displayed 2015 stats (they showed another player's stats when clearly they should not have any). It only affected their displayed 2015 stats, not their attributes. The third fixed an issue with Classic 16 Season Mode All-Star Game. Each update was released roughly 24 hours after the last.
Ok, I thought I noticed that the second update fixed things with rookies. After the first one I saw that Rickard (Orioles) had solid stats but he shouldn't have any. But maybe I should've used that one for my season becuase he's batting like .043 for me.

Ok, so I've heard about this bug that freezes the game or something at the All-Star game and that was fixed with the last roster update. I started my season after the second update but I'm using 25-man rosters. Will I be ok or do I need to start over?

# 7 MLBGames @ 04/19/16 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg4075
I started my season after the second update but I'm using 25-man rosters. Will I be ok or do I need to start over?
We've not seen any issues with Full 25 rosters, so you should be good to go.

# 8 feijiue @ 04/27/16 08:35 AM
The third fixed an issue with Classic 16 Season Mode All-Star Game. Each update was released roughly 24 hours after the last.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.