Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.05 and content update #2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 2 new fighters, Patrick Cote and Louis Smolka, as well as updates to UFC Ultimate Team and improvements to gameplay.

While Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, gave us plenty of details before the patch released today, full details can be seen below.

GAME MODE UPDATES
All-New Item Exchange: A brand new way for you to get more powerful items in UFC Ultimate Team. Exchange five (5) items in your Collection for a brand new random item that is a level higher. Exchange better items for a higher chance of getting rare fighter showcase moves items.
  • Added the ability to edit a created fighter's appearance at any time in Ultimate Team and Career Mode.
  • Added the display of the winning move, the player’s best move and the opponent’s best move after an Ultimate Team fight in the post-fight menu.
  • Added the ability to view more details about the fighters in Live Event fights.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Strike Intercept: Strikes landed within the opponent’s initial wind up phase of a strike will halt them from completing their strike.
  • Stockton Slap – 209 move added.
  • If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.
  • Reduced speed of clinch attempts.
  • Improved AI logic for submissions and game plans.
  • Elbows and Punches in Muay Thai Clinch cannot intercept transition attempts.
  • Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage.
  • Bottom fighter is given Grapple Advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side.
  • Increased grapple advantage is given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
  • Made the bottom fighter’s transition to side control from back side uninterruptible by strikes
  • In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage, making escapes easier the longer they are held in that position.
  • Tuned damage on uppercut combos.
  • Clinch and Takedown attempts punish more when denied.
  • Updated Attribute/Perks/Moves for various fighters.
Source - EA Sports

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jinth0688 @ 04/12/16 04:57 PM
looks like smolka and cote are the two fighters added the time around

# 22 GCruz79 @ 04/12/16 05:08 PM
Well unfortunately those of us who like to do CPU v CPU universe modes are gonna have to find another difficulty. Just did a card and these were the results. All stoppages, no good. Before patch I was getting a nice mix of decisions and finishes, now it looks like pro is gonna result in all finishes, so time to hit the lab and try and come up with a new difficulty for those fights. Attachment 119072

# 23 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCruz79
Well unfortunately those of us who like to do CPU v CPU universe modes are gonna have to find another difficulty. Just did a card and these were the results. All stoppages, no good. Before patch I was getting a nice mix of decisions and finishes, now it looks like pro is gonna result in all finishes, so time to hit the lab and try and come up with a new difficulty for those fights. Attachment 119072
Try Hard....

# 24 bballshawn24 @ 04/12/16 05:48 PM
hopefully they get rid of the button mashing combos next

# 25 lamoyou401 @ 04/12/16 05:57 PM

# 26 oakevin @ 04/12/16 06:10 PM
Jumped back into fights against the A.I. with the new patch.......................I believe this game has literally no A.I. whatsoever ,they are practically punching bags. Total letdown.

# 27 oakevin @ 04/12/16 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I'd love to hear some feedback on if the AI is viable now in stand-up.
Not even close bud :/ ,been playing on hard with the HUD off, 60-90 second ko's left and right.

# 28 The_Waterboy92 @ 04/12/16 07:50 PM
Does anyone feel like the AI got worse from the patch?

# 29 SwedishTouch76 @ 04/12/16 07:50 PM
Yup. From everything I've read and heard the AI isn't fixed. Some saying it's worse. I'll download the patch later and see for myself but not sounding promising.

This really irks me as this had to be a known issue when the game shipped. Given what UT has turned into I'm barely motivated to even pop this game into my ps4 anymore. Very disappointing

# 30 fballturkey @ 04/12/16 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
Not even close bud :/ ,been playing on hard with the HUD off, 60-90 second ko's left and right.
As fun as online is I'm extremely disappointed in this game overall due to the AI. I really liked doing my universe in 1 but the AI has taken a massive step back. In 1 I could win on the hardest difficulty about 60-70% of the time, and I wished that was lower but I could live with it. Now I win over 90% of the time unless there's a ridiculous mismatch, even handicapping myself some, turning off the HUD, and trying both Hard and Pro. I just don't get how they took this big of a step backward on the AI's ability to compete.

# 31 The_Waterboy92 @ 04/12/16 07:59 PM
I guess I will keep testing some matches to see... I will be bummed because I paused my universe mode for the patch, and was looking forward to my UFC 200 card but now I don't even know haha

# 32 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 08:10 PM
I'm starting the card now but I fought against Joanna and the AI is still off for her. Too many takedown attempts. Not enough defense.

I'm going to do 9 fights tonight so I should have a better feel for it later.

# 33 The_Waterboy92 @ 04/12/16 08:13 PM
Sweet man I am sure a lot of us look forward to your opinion!

# 34 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Sweet man I am sure a lot of us look forward to your opinion!
FYI, I'm going to fight realistically with my usual house rules. No 5-6 punch combos unless the CPU is in a health event and fight to the skill of each fighter.

# 35 The_Waterboy92 @ 04/12/16 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI, I'm going to fight realistically with my usual house rules. No 5-6 punch combos unless the CPU is in a health event and fight to the skill of each fighter.
oh definitely! I feel that is the best way to play anyway, I like more realistic matches. I am sure you could KO the CPU in the first if you fought to do that. Also I am gonna create a new thread for post patch impressions to make it easier for all to see

# 36 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 08:56 PM
I dont want to flood the thread with impressions of each fight but the first fight was good but still a mixed bag:

Makovsky (me) v. Scoggins (AI)

+ Scoggins head movement was great in the first round. I actually found it pretty difficult to land a punch on him in the first 3 minutes.

+ Scoggins ground game was pretty good except for one exception. Did not standup out of half guard.

+ Health event in the 3rd after Scoggins hit me with a MTC knee. He almost TKO'd me but I recovered

- Scoggins didnt do much to get out of back side when I had him there. I couldve stopped him but back side is too dominant a position so I've made a house rule that I have to transition once the AI blocks.

- Scoggins transitioned from crucifix to north/south which no one would do in real life.

# 37 Freakywwe @ 04/12/16 09:28 PM
Was this on Pro or Hard

# 38 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Was this on Pro or Hard
Hard......

# 39 vtcrb @ 04/12/16 09:54 PM
Has anyone with XboxOne gotten the patch yet? I just popped game in and didnt get anything.

# 40 aholbert32 @ 04/12/16 10:26 PM
Well..........I cant say that I'm happy or that I'm seeing any major changes to the issues I've had with the AI after 8 fights.

The biggest issue continues to be AI stopping power. I'm not scared when I face the AI at all. I'm not worried they are going to knock me out. I'm not even worried that they will catch me with a random strike that will hurt me.

If you have the time, look at this video I've posted. Its Mirsad Bektic vs Jeremy Stephens. I'm Bektic. Stephens hits me with bombs throughout the entire fight and doesnt cause one health event. In the 3rd round, I just decide to go for it since I'm likely down 2 rounds and I KO Stephens.

Now on one hand, Bektic has plenty of power and has a level 3 game changer perk which makes it more likely to cause a KO with his hands. On the other hand, Stephens is 7 points better when it comes to standup and yet he doenst come close to KOing me.

Also Stephens shot for 11 takedowns which is unlike his fight style. Something has to be done to prevent guys like Stephens and women like Joanna from becoming wrestlers.

I have a list of issues/changes that I will post later.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.