Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.03 is coming soon, as the team continues to track server issues, including the dreaded "Challenge Failed" error many users have seen since release of the game.

Also of note, the first MLB The Show 16 roster update is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning, so keep your eyes peeled for that. Check out the official post from Twitter, below.

UPDATE: (4-13) Extended Server Maintenance 4/13 Wednesday from 3am-6am PST.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Kevin82485 @ 04/12/16 10:05 PM
Communication is key. It's frustrating, but I understand if they are having issues with their servers. I work in IT as an Infrastructure Engineer, so I get it. As long as their is constant communication, then I can live with it. I'm glad that the servers have gotten better. They're making progress.

# 2 Smallville102001 @ 04/12/16 10:35 PM
I wonder how soon is gong to be soon for patch 1.03. Didn't patch 1.02 just come out like 4 days ago? I wonder what this patch is going to do. It sounds like a lot of sports games get like 3-4 patches a year. They tend to get one on the first day that is like just for online stuff. Then they tend to get a small patch after that in this case that was patch 1.02 and then they tend to get 1 or 2 big patches. This should be the first big patch.

# 3 DukesofHazzard @ 04/12/16 10:54 PM
Very pleased with Sony San Diego and how they communicate with the public and do there best to make there game as playable as possible. Good job guys.

# 4 bigmike0077 @ 04/12/16 11:02 PM
amazing to get another patch so soon, i wonder if itll adress some of the carry over issues/franchise stuff , waiting to dive deep into that mode

# 5 rbaker1979 @ 04/12/16 11:27 PM
Fingers crossed that the patch fixes the base running bug where runners take off then stop between bases

# 6 Lisac @ 04/13/16 12:23 AM
Hope it patches most white players looking like they are Hispanic

# 7 Kalon @ 04/13/16 12:23 AM
Failed Challenges HAS to be addressed. Can't play online franchise. And they gotta find a way to fix CPU bullpen management. It's all messed up.

# 8 CleveCluby @ 04/13/16 02:06 AM
Just my personal opinion, But i don't think they are going to tackle any off line game issues UNTIL they get the majority of the ON LINE connection issues solved. That has got to be there priority at this point.

# 9 mlb08 @ 04/13/16 03:09 AM
Would be nice if daily roster applies to season, franchise and road to the show.

# 10 aarondmsu @ 04/13/16 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
That sucks if you're right.......I could care less about online lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Could you? How much less could you care?

# 11 aarondmsu @ 04/13/16 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41_Tom_Seaver_Fan
AGREE, completely!!!

(as I think most who use this game do, but the on-line people whine so loudly, it is mostly all that is heard)
That and I would venture to guess that the online people spend more money on stubs. So they gotta them happy to keep that revenue stream going.

# 12 Smallville102001 @ 04/13/16 04:27 AM
Quote:

Yeah same with me. I am like a 99% offline video game player. People online are to good and I like to play franchise mode in sports games and that was before it cost money to play online with sony lol.

# 13 Steve_OS @ 04/13/16 05:43 AM
UPDATE: Extended Server Maintenance 4/13 Wednesday from 3am-6am PST.

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/statu...68678398889985

# 14 zephyr22 @ 04/13/16 06:19 AM
Ball halo ball halo ball halo ball halo...

# 15 HypoLuxa13 @ 04/13/16 07:33 AM
Well, I don't play online modes, so everything has been smooth for Franchise, RttS, and Conquest since patch 1.02 dropped. But as someone who USED to play a whole lot of Battlefield and CoD games on PC online back in the day, I can understand people's frustrations when your favorite modes aren't working consistently.

Looking forward to checking out the roster update when I get a chance. Interested to see what it does for my DD players for Conquest mode. (waiting for OSFM to start my Cubs chise)

# 16 Armor and Sword @ 04/13/16 07:37 AM
Quote:

While I am an offline guy at heart (and the majority of my time is offline) about 3MM Diamond Dynasty players would disagree with you. I love DD and it needs to function. Amazing mode that is pretty difficult to enjoy during normal hours us 40 somethings who work everyday get to play.

It needs to get addressed fast.

Offline bugs do take a little more time to test so the patch does not affect other area's of the game. They will address them though.

They always get the game to be near perfect every year after they patch it. And that is the reality of once a year cycle sports games. We all know a couple of patches are forth coming for every sports games. Look how many Madden 16 had last year.

Patience.

The game is highly playable offline while we wait for everything to be ironed out.

# 17 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 04/13/16 08:25 AM
If the developing team needs so many patches each year, why not just push the game to a later date instead of this because sooner or later the loyal fans are gonna stop being so loyal. This is a problem every year, I understand the notion that no game is gonna be perfect but I mean every year there's server issues, game play issues, uniform issues, same issues every year.

# 18 TattooedEvil @ 04/13/16 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
If the developing team needs so many patches each year, why not just push the game to a later date instead of this because sooner or later the loyal fans are gonna stop being so loyal. This is a problem every year, I understand the notion that no game is gonna be perfect but I mean every year there's server issues, game play issues, uniform issues, same issues every year.
dont say that.....we wouldnt get the real rosters til like ASB then and by the time ur franchise actually gets going ud be getting info for the next years game haha! loyal fans arent gonna go anywhere cuz they are more then likely big baseball fans and theres no other ship to jump to.

# 19 Twinkie12 @ 04/13/16 09:09 AM
With the online and server issues, there has been whole days where people people literally couldn't play. The offline issues are small compared to that. That is why the focus is going to be on the online issues right now.

I'm just happy I can finally play now. Really excited to finally dive deep into DD.

# 20 JayD @ 04/13/16 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Most frustrating thing for me as an offline player is the auto baserunning no longer being auto. I don't want to have to tell any baserunners to keep going or stop. This changed for 16...make it like it was in past iterations please.

C
It is not by design, it is a well known bug. As much as I would like to see said bug addressed and several other offline bugs, online must be a complete mess right now so I assume that's what the team is concentrating on before fixing off line bugs.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.