Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 is available now, check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing!
  • FLS traffic reduced and signaling fixes. This should resolve the “Challenge Failed” issue encountered when connecting to any Head to Head Online game mode.
  • Play VS CPU (in Diamond Dynasty) had some pitcher energy issues. Entering conquest mode (3 inning games), then backing out, would negatively affect all Pitchers energy when returning back to Play vs CPU in Diamond Dynasty mode. This is now fixed.
  • Entitlement pending popup fix on boot up. For new users (with entitlements) or for users who purchase on the website. When those users logged in, they were not being alerted that they had entitlements pending. This is now fixed and users will be prompted upon boot up to redeem these products.
  • Within Diamond Dynasty, the PA Announcer would often say the user's location audio as opposed to the opponent who is up to bat. This is now fixed.
  • Within Franchise mode, the title could crash when attempting to navigate the Schedule during the Offseason with a Year-to-Year save file. The game could crash trying to access pitcher stats in the offseason. We added a check to prevent updating the pitcher data during the offseason. This issue is now resolved.
  • We've removed the reward popup from screen flow to speed up services. We still show it on login and when returning from game so this should have no issues
  • The game would crash in defensive positioning quick screen during online head to head games. This is now resolved.
  • Card Rewards in DD had misnamed animations in the post-game reward screen, causing the wrong cards to disappear, which caused user to think he was getting a different card in some situations. This has been fixed.
  • Within Season/Franchise mode, all games on the schedule were said to be starting at 1 PM. This UI visual but has been fixed.
  • Within Conquest mode and Diamond Dynasty-Play vs CPU, there was a crash in the pause menu within the Advanced Pitching options.
  • The Ball Trail was stuck on at all times in RTTS modes, no matter what the option was set to. This should now be fixed.
  • Within Season/Franchise, when progressing with a Year to Year save, the game could crash during the offseason while scrolling through particular parts of the menu. This is now fixed.
  • During online games, if the batter called a timeout (or practice swung) at the same time the pitcher was attempting to pitch, the game would occasionally freeze, and neither user could progress or use their pause menu. One user would have to quit the application. This is now believed to be fixed.
  • Fix for online entry options getting reset before going into an online game. Retractable roofs would not close, night and day, weather options, and month of the year would function. This is now fixed.
  • Sounds of the Show could crash within its menus, if you had certain music files with large amounts of metadata. Rare enough but could affect a number of users. This is now fixed.
  • Please refrain from using Perks as a RTTS pitcher as it will cause the game to crash for the time being. We have a fix and it will be included in our next update.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Blondey @ 04/17/16 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage
No Dynamic difficulty fix for hitting RTTS, downloaded it and played and still stuck at Beginner, bummer

and I just saw the patch notes on the first page, double bummer.
Any idea when this will be fixed?

# 82 Zinger @ 04/17/16 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Try a hit and run. Calling for a steal or leading off will cancel auto baserunning.
Unfortunately NOT doing those things can also cancel auto baserunning. It's buggy this year, at least for some of us. Not sure why everyone using ABR isn't noticing the problem.

# 83 Gosens6 @ 04/17/16 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Try a hit and run. Calling for a steal or leading off will cancel auto baserunning.
Has not happened to me once playing the show 16 this year.

I use auto base running religiously and haven't had one issue yet

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 84 No.27 @ 04/17/16 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

I also use full auto base running (no user input at all) and have played the show live and franchise mode with Armors sliders and dynamic difficulty. I haven't seen any glaring issues and it feels very similar to 15. It might be helpful to find out what modes and with what setups people are having the problems with auto base running in.

# 85 duc748s @ 04/17/16 09:57 AM
Just a heads up, the watch Gameplay selection has been fix. I no longer have to press it after every play to have it continue. I pressed it once and it lasted the whole game. Now to fix being able to watch the top of the 1st inning your not playing in.

I play as an RttS Pitcher so I miss my teams at bat at the top of the 1st while visiting, also warmup pitches <---this was last year also

# 86 NJ2NC @ 04/17/16 10:10 AM
Still can't play as the Pirates as the defense shifts as if he is a lefty pull hitter instead of a righty, opening up the whole left side 😡

# 87 RCMacc44 @ 04/17/16 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if the manual catch for RTTS is still in the game, I've been looking for it but I haven't been able to find it in the settings. Also these improvements are really great especially fixing the "Challenge Failed" issue. I've had one day where it was 6 in a row before getting a game.

# 88 Lisac @ 04/17/16 11:20 AM
Online play vs friends is still really bad and laggy!

# 89 Mike Lowe @ 04/17/16 12:27 PM
Bummer, so still can't import carryover saves properly w morale and stats?

# 90 Mike Lowe @ 04/17/16 12:50 PM
It appears the morale was fixed in a carryover save, but not the stats importing properly still.

That's some good news, but has me a bit worried that perhaps the stats might never see a fix?

# 91 Jgainsey @ 04/17/16 01:22 PM
I've played a handful of online games post-patch, and everything has been perfect to this point.

I've played online franchise, DD, and Battle Royale. Not a single failed challenge or any hiccups during the actual game play.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

# 92 KowboysUp @ 04/17/16 01:35 PM
I'm going to repost something I posted on 4/2:

Quote:
I basically only lurk and never post here, but wanted to add that I am definitely experiencing this issue with auto BR too.

Just had runners on 1st and 2nd, two out, I'm Braves vs Tigers in ST game #3. I'm down 6-3 in the 5th. Rip a hit to center, CF dives and misses it, both my guys go back to the bag.

Obviously baserunners should not be SLIDING back to the bag to tag with two outs, but that's not even the worst of it.

With plenty of time to get up and each advance a base, neither runner moves, CF gets up, retrieves the ball, and forces the runner out at 2nd, inning and rally over.

Just ST, and I'm really waiting for OFSM to do a franchise for real, so I don't care THAT much, but this WILL be a game breaking issue for many people if it is not fixed.

This is far, far from the first time this has happened. Closer to the tenth.

I've had the game for less than 3 days.
Since then, I have changed to assist baserunning, and, quite frankly, I'm having just as many issues as on ABR, but now, since I'm immediately going to control my baserunners, am more often able to overcome it.

So it appears to be more than an ABR problem, at least for me. I guess it's not "game breaking" for me, since I still play, but every time I get in a late-game, runners on, high leverage situation, I am thinking about how the CPU is going to screw me with baserunning instead of, you know, baseball strategery and such.

They should not have been screwing around with packs and stubs and Battle Royale while such a glaring gameplay issue exists.

Lastly, for those who say they don't think this is a big issue that affects many people, I suggest you check out the thread entitled "baserunning" on this forum, since clearly you never have yet. There are several videos of this issue in action there.

# 93 JayD @ 04/17/16 02:32 PM
It baffles me that some are seeing the ABR issue and some are not. I have definitely seen the issue but it does not happen all the time. Heck I've even seen issues with assisted.

# 94 OUSOONERS#1 @ 04/17/16 02:41 PM
Base running has needed a overhaul for many many years .. Why is wasn't addressed with the switch to the PS 4 I do but not know ..

# 95 jada855 @ 04/17/16 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMacc44
Does anyone know if the manual catch for RTTS is still in the game, I've been looking for it but I haven't been able to find it in the settings. Also these improvements are really great especially fixing the "Challenge Failed" issue. I've had one day where it was 6 in a row before getting a game.
RTTS & Player Lock Manual Catch and R2 button for diving has been removed. R2 is still listed in the options has the dive button but does not function.

I think its because of Showtime and now its just the R1 button. I would hope it would revert because it takes a lot away from the fielding experience.

# 96 NYMets2016 @ 04/17/16 05:22 PM
Not sure if anyone noticed these updates but these don't seem to be mentioned.

When playing in player lock after an inning or an at bat now you have the option to toggle select watch game or play-by-play, this is an improvement over before since now it allows you to watch the replay or cutscene as opposed to how it was before when you previously hit the button it would automatically cut to the next part.

Another change I am noticing is in broadcasting, now the catcher will throw the ball back to the pitcher more often before it cuts out, this pretty much never happened on the previous patch ( except for when they would show the umpire's early in the game ), now it happens every now and then on swing and misses or pitches out of the zone.

Also I am noticing less sliding around in the batter's box ( this was an issue before when the hitter would take a pitch at times he would slide around the batters box moving closer to the plate ) this doesn't seem to happen as often.

# 97 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 04/17/16 06:00 PM
Literally just had Ender Inciarte go for inside the park home run on a triple and was thrown out, had it on auto baserunning. He didn't even look at 3b coach, and he was thrown out by a mile.

# 98 Denzel Washington @ 04/17/16 06:05 PM
Played quite a few Online and DD games with this patch.

I'm ecstatic that they were able to fix the challenge failed issues. I haven't seen a single one since the update.

The only issues I continue to have are some random freezes that can be corrected by turning off the controller but sometimes all it does is just freeze after I reconnect my controller.

There is also a freeze that will always occur if a user calls time when a pickoff at second is about to happen if there is no one holding the runner (so usually with two outs)

# 99 knich @ 04/17/16 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
I also use full auto base running (no user input at all) and have played the show live and franchise mode with Armors sliders and dynamic difficulty. I haven't seen any glaring issues and it feels very similar to 15. It might be helpful to find out what modes and with what setups people are having the problems with auto base running in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What's the issue with auto baserunning? I have been using it without problem since release.
If you guys have been using it without problems, consider yourselves one of the lucky ones. unfortunately, there are many of us who have the exact problems you say you're not. I'm not going to reiterate all the issues that I've already raised in this thread as well as others. But suffice it to say it's not working as intended. I have been using auto Baserunning since probably 2009. This is the first year where it is a major problem that I can recall. I probably lose 1-2 runs per game because of the problems.

# 100 mlblover15 @ 04/17/16 06:22 PM
wow what a list.. none of it was bugging me..none of it affected me that is.. over on the Show nation site however... tons of people with online franchises were all over place with a lot of these.... good for all of those that we have a team in place that fixes things and allows them to get back to gaming instead of complaining....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.