Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Hey there! It's just me, little ole' Millennium announcing our next

SUPER HUGE TWITCH STREAM NEWS

We will have MLB The Show 16 OSFM Version 1 rosters to show off 4/17 at 5 PM ET on our Twitch channel. That's right, before you can download them yourselves (at 6:00 PM ET) come see them in action, find out how they will affect your franchise strategy and have a little fun with your friendly neighborhood forum admin!

Go to Twitch.Tv/OperationSports and follow the channel so that you will be notified when we go live tomorrow for OSFM Day!!!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Jr. @ 04/17/16 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
How is it not accurate? This has nothing to so with profit. These guys are proud of their work and would love for it to reach as many people as possible.
Because movies and games are made to make money. Advertisement of their product helps them make more money (ideally). The rosters are made for the enjoyment of the gaming community. As far as I know, the roster makers aren't asking for donations or payment for their work (they probably should be with as much as they put into it).

Enjoy the games today, go Cubs!

# 42 Jr. @ 04/17/16 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why not the red carpet? Why not celebrate everyone's hard work that contributed and try to get this into as many people as possible, those who are with OS and those who aren't?

Unless you're against this going to those outside of OS?
Absolutely not. I can't control who downloads the rosters or who gets wind of them, so there's no reason whatsoever for me to worry about that. Again, I'm just curious of the change this year. Maybe it was just never thought of or considered before. Only the admin/roster makers know, I suppose.

# 43 Armor and Sword @ 04/17/16 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I was just making an observation. Not sure why OS changed this year to make this roster release such a big deal. It's surprising to me, that's all.
I can see that observation too. I don't think it's a big deal to do all this either however I felt no urge to voice that. Instead I am embracing the sports game nerd in me and will have fun with it with the community

LOL!! It's all good Jr.

# 44 RLebron12 @ 04/17/16 02:01 PM
I myself will be tuning in for this stream since I work till 6:30pm PST, so this gives me something to do while I'm bored at work lol.

Don't think it's a big deal they are doing a Q&A and showing it off in a Twitch stream before hand...not like they are some how charging people to DL the roster. Thanks again to the guys who put in the effort for the rest of us who are grateful and for those who aren't as grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 45 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/17/16 02:08 PM
I think most of you misunderstood Jrs observation and mistook it for the negativity you are accustomed to seeing from newer members who create accounts just to complain or troll. Jr. Has been around for quite a while and he's not discrediting the work like I think some of you took it.

Simply put, lets enjoy the release. This was not meant to take a shot at OS or anyone who worked on it. We at OS all have different opinions and we should just move on and wait for tonight's release!

Enjoy everyone.

# 46 Jr. @ 04/17/16 02:16 PM
Thanks TBR, you explained that better than I could. I didn't mean to subdue any enjoyment. I was just noting a change that I found interesting. I'll be downloading the rosters like nearly everyone else since my carryover file had so many issues (disappointingly) and starting a new franchise as well.

# 47 kehlis @ 04/17/16 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Don't forget the nba playoffs!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I didn't forget it

# 48 Flightwhite24 @ 04/17/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Don't think the OSFM rosters are a big deal, watch what would happen if the roster makers decided to no longer make them.

Preach brotha PREACH!!!! What ever happened to the good old days here on OS? Maybe I'm aging out of OS and the new-gen of gamers are taking over.

# 49 Knight165 @ 04/17/16 04:00 PM
Guys!!!!

I was kidding!!!
(about the nope)

O.S.F.M.
95.8% complete!!!

M.K.
Knight165

# 50 countryboy @ 04/17/16 04:06 PM
if the rosters don't release at 6PM this site is gonna explode...

# 51 TexasRyan @ 04/17/16 04:19 PM
I haven't really commented on the upcoming rosters until this point but I'm so pumped. I just started really playing The Show the year before last and at this point I wouldn't really enjoy the game without them. I haven't said two words about the release at this point because I know the guys doing this are working their tails off on these on their own account and they don't have to (or really have much of an added incentive) to do any of it. Can't wait to see how my Rangers look!

# 52 Brandwin @ 04/17/16 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Guys!!!!

I was kidding!!!
(about the nope)

O.S.F.M.
95.8% complete!!!

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
if the rosters don't release at 6PM this site is gonna explode...
Now that would be some entertainment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 53 countryboy @ 04/17/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Now that would be some entertainment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have a feeling it would lead to a bunch of pink names.

# 54 thescoop @ 04/17/16 04:44 PM
Quote:
I have a feeling it would lead to a bunch of pink names.
Yep. And what is most sad is those people don't remember the old days where we would wait at least a month (sometimes a month and a half) because it was just Knight and maybe Riddin working on them. The timeline now a days is amazing considering the amount of work they actually do on these.

# 55 kehlis @ 04/17/16 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Yep. And what is most sad is those people don't remember the old days where we would wait at least a month (sometimes a month and a half) because it was just Knight and maybe Riddin working on them. The timeline now a days is amazing considering the amount of work they actually do on these.
Don't forget the really old days of having to send your memory card to someone.

# 56 jcmreds @ 04/17/16 04:48 PM
Big thanks to everyone that worked on the roster it always helps take The Show to an even higher level.

# 57 Brandwin @ 04/17/16 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
or the really, really, old days of having to deal with whatever roster the game shipped with.

# 58 thescoop @ 04/17/16 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I never risked sending a memory card. I was a deal with what was sent and make whatever edits I wanted myself guy back in those days. But it does show just how spoiled a lot of us have become.

# 59 countryboy @ 04/17/16 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
or the really, really, old days of having to deal with whatever roster the game shipped with.
or the really, really, really, really old days when the Show didn't exist!

# 60 countryboy @ 04/17/16 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Uhhhhh, you mean Happy OSFM DAY!!!!!! ::
I think it should be a National Holiday.

Good thing it fell on a Sunday. Not sure how my boss would react to me telling him that I'm taking off for OSFM Day.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.