Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Prior to this year, repetitive, unchanging lineups had been one of Diamond Dynasty's biggest drawbacks on the PlayStation 4. Whether you were facing squads full of 99-rated created players in MLB 14, or were seeing teams stacked with the same dozen or so diamond-tier studs in MLB 15, the lack of lineup diversity was making Diamond Dynasty matches significantly less fun to play. To solve this problem for MLB 16, The Show developer Sony San Diego partnered with the data research company Inside Edge to alter MLB players' attributes every day based on their actual hitter/pitcher matchups.

As a result, cheap bronze-tier players like Lucas Duda, Kyle Schwarber, Oliver Perez and Tom Wilhelmsen have spent lots of time on my team in Diamond Dynasty's first two weeks, which is something that probably wouldn't have happened without Inside Edge's ratings boosts. Some silver-tier players like Yordano Ventura, Carlos Carrasco, Corey Dickerson and Luis Valbuena were even boosted into the gold tier for a few days of low-budget bliss -- they all cost several thousands less than an actual gold card. Thanks to Inside Edge, users no longer need to spend five to six digits of in-game currency to field an All-Star-caliber lineup each day. All anyone needs to compete in unrestricted online play is a team of bronze/silver players who happen to have four-star or five-star Inside Edge matchups.

Read More - Daily Inside Edge Ratings Bring Diversity to Diamond Dynasty Lineups

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 AuditMonkey @ 04/21/16 11:27 AM
Not only Inside Edge, but the missions have added even more diversity to my lineup, as I try and rack up innings with players from specific teams and under specific captain sets. Best team building mode ever in my opinion.

# 2 MLB_ELITES @ 04/21/16 02:34 PM
" MEMBER COMMENTS

# 1AuditMonkey @ 04/21/16 10:27 AM
Not only Inside Edge, but the missions have added even more diversity to my lineup, as I try and rack up innings with players from specific teams and under specific captain sets. Best team building mode ever in my opinion. "

I agree bro best fantasy baseball ever on console or cpu

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.