Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Damarious Randall, cornerback for the Green Bay Packers, posted this Madden NFL 17 screenshot, (which has recently been deleted) showing off some of the new presentation in the game this year.

It's obviously early in the cycle, so a lot of details won't be shown off. Either way, it's Madden NFL 17 news and we are going to post it.

It was around this time last year the Madden hype train started, as they gave the release date with plenty of details on the game released in May.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 221 KANE699 @ 05/04/16 11:41 PM
Im just getting excited watching you guys speculate, I can't wait to see reactions when we release info.

# 222 khaliib @ 05/05/16 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Im just getting excited watching you guys speculate, I can't wait to see reactions when we release info.
Looking forward to hopefully some "WOW" type of information.

Hopefully something that makes gamers say, "this is in Madden........, no way"!!!

# 223 jpdavis82 @ 05/05/16 07:07 AM
Another hint about equipment

@RexDEAFootball
@DylanHaggerty1 @Equipment_Guru Don't sleep on our new draft pick @emesola on equipment this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 224 roadman @ 05/05/16 07:38 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I know I can't wait and many others can't wait until the information drops. EA used to release a bit of info in the past around SB, a few years later at draft time, last year, it was in May, and now, it will be around EA Play time in early June.

People are chomping at the bit for any new information. Once the new information starts dripping out, people will start commenting on the new information. There is hope that people will be happy with the new information instead of referring to past Maddens moving forward.

One month or more can't get here sooner.

# 225 bloobloouk @ 05/05/16 09:15 AM
I'd say this is all the confirmation you need...

When you study football equipment so much that a helmet magically appears on your head #Madden17 pic.twitter.com/IdnRKTp19i

Erika Esola-Imburgio (@emesola) May 5, 2016

# 226 adub88 @ 05/05/16 09:35 AM
Quote:
what's good Kane? Definitely ready for some info. Now that the draft is over, it's dry out here. I need a fix lol.

# 227 cthurt @ 05/05/16 09:49 AM
It would be interesting if they used the face scanning tech on equipment similar to how NBA2k and Live scans their shoes into the game. Might be wishful thinking but with all the confidence they are showing in equipment on Twitter it might not be to far fetched.

# 228 Gossennator @ 05/05/16 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
It would be interesting if they used the face scanning tech on equipment similar to how NBA2k and Live scans their shoes into the game. Might be wishful thinking but with all the confidence they are showing in equipment on Twitter it might not be to far fetched.

Seemingly, that would be way more efficient and accurate. I think it would be a great idea for EA to use scans on uniforms as well since they have all the new color rush unis coming out.

# 229 SolidSquid @ 05/05/16 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Seemingly, that would be way more efficient and accurate. I think it would be a great idea for EA to use scans on uniforms as well since they have all the new color rush unis coming out.
Completely forgot about these. Hopefully they are also in the game but I kinda doubt it as it seems uniform space is limited already. But I'd love to play in my Bucs all reds.

# 230 cthurt @ 05/05/16 01:26 PM
Quote:

This is just me brainstorming a little bit but how great would it be to have maybe like 2 or 3 different body types per position scanned and having those guys scanned in a full generic uniform, I wonder if something like that is possible to pull off in a single game cycle.

# 231 therealsmallville @ 05/05/16 03:56 PM
Quote:

It would also be nice if we could easily select the uniform for the computer team in CFM, as well.

# 232 DaSmerg @ 05/05/16 04:02 PM
Trying not to rain on anyone's parade of stokedness...

Presentation, first, again? Why are dev resources...that is, budgeted project dollars, cents and human capital...being devoted to yet another new set of introduction screens?

To this customer, it's really a bit baffling at this point.

#FixTheGamePlayAlready

# 233 roadman @ 05/05/16 04:20 PM
Who said presentation was first?

Tibouron has different departments working on each aspect of the game.

#Let'sWaitToSeeEverything

# 234 DeuceDouglas @ 05/05/16 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I wonder if they could try something similar to The Show where they actually go for name brand items and tie it into MUT to satisfy both sides. Obviously they'd be somewhat limited because Nike has a hold on things like gloves for the most part but I know Cutters has a few players out there and cleats is free game I believe. They could do this with Visor's, Gloves, Undershirts, Cleats, Sleeves, etc. and basically give boosts for MUT while just making them selectable items for everything else.

On one hand they make the equipment junkies happy and get to add a bunch of authentic gear which is a term that probably already has marketing's mouth watering. And then on the other side you get to add more items to MUT that have a slight effect on something as well as diluting the item database and making it harder to get better items and thus potentially creating greater pack sales.

Speculation is fun. It will be interesting to see what they come up with and I hope if they add a bunch of new things they also provide some more options as well in terms of customization. Home/Away, Warm/Cold, color schemes, etc. Should find out soon though.

# 235 DeuceDouglas @ 05/05/16 10:29 PM
Quote:
Oh god, don't remind me.

Spoiler

Puke.

# 236 SageInfinite @ 05/05/16 11:32 PM
Small but a tiny thing I'd want them to fix is the sock lengths for the striped sock options. Takes away from the overall look of those players that wear theirs low or high.

# 237 cthurt @ 05/06/16 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Small but a tiny thing I'd want them to fix is the sock lengths for the striped sock options. Takes away from the overall look of those players that wear theirs low or high.

I have had a problem with this for the longest, and another thing I want when it comes to socks is more of a wrinkled thicker look to them for the mid and high socks as of now it just looks painted on, if Ea worked on the small details in this game it would really go a long way in the overall look of the game.

# 238 bpac55 @ 05/06/16 11:36 AM
Really excited about the news that equipment has possibly been upgraded. Any idea when we can expect to see screen shots?

I am one of the equipment junkies and one thing that has always bugged me is the gap on the 3 bar rb facemask.I would love to see that finally fixed. To me it is one of the "mean" looking classic facemasks but the gap that Madden has always had takes away from it. I know it sounds silly but little things.

# 239 roadman @ 05/06/16 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Really excited about the news that equipment has possibly been upgraded. Any idea when we can expect to see screen shots?

I am one of the equipment junkies and one thing that has always bugged me is the gap on the 3 bar rb facemask.I would love to see that finally fixed. To me it is one of the "mean" looking classic facemasks but the gap that Madden has always had takes away from it. I know it sounds silly but little things.
Probably another 4 weeks out when EA has their EA Play gathering in LA

# 240 Gossennator @ 05/06/16 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Probably another 4 weeks out when EA has their EA Play gathering in LA

It would be nice to get a surge of information rather than releasing blogs with small bits.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.