Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Damarious Randall, cornerback for the Green Bay Packers, posted this Madden NFL 17 screenshot, (which has recently been deleted) showing off some of the new presentation in the game this year.

It's obviously early in the cycle, so a lot of details won't be shown off. Either way, it's Madden NFL 17 news and we are going to post it.

It was around this time last year the Madden hype train started, as they gave the release date with plenty of details on the game released in May.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 adh5199 @ 04/22/16 03:55 PM
I feel like the boss who comes back from vacation and can't see any progress and having to ask what the employees did while I was gone. I'm getting so so so tired of EA doing the absolute minimum every damn year. San Diego Studios and 2k put them to absolute shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 22 CM Hooe @ 04/22/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
I feel like the boss who comes back from vacation and can't see any progress and having to ask what the employees did while I was gone. I'm getting so so so tired of EA doing the absolute minimum every damn year. San Diego Studios and 2k put them to absolute shame.
This is a hell of a leap of logic to say that the "absolute minimum" was done based off of a single screen shot taken from a dev kit that Tiburon probably didn't even authorize for public release, given that there is clearly debug output in the upper left of the screen.

We don't even know what is in the game yet, what Tiburon has been up to. Presumably, there's more than just a new starting line-up screen (assuming that's what this is and not something else).

# 23 bcruise @ 04/22/16 04:38 PM
Hyperbole never has an offseason on OS.

Anyway, they deleted it? Interesting...someone at EA is playing games with us - they had to know it wasn't going to be erased from the internet completely.

# 24 Grey_Osprey @ 04/22/16 05:13 PM
I really hope this screenshot isn't an indication that we're stuck with the same old equipment. For those that have knowledge of the inner workings of this type of stuff, is it really that hard to upgrade equipment?

Is it me or does it look like the field they are standing on looks different on the left side vs the right side?

# 25 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/22/16 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forgot how the one and only screen shows their complete progress.

# 26 Boltman @ 04/22/16 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Is it me or does it look like the field they are standing on looks different on the left side vs the right side?
That's because the left and the right aren't the same. The left (our left) side looks like a heart rate monitor, the right side is actual grass.

# 27 NINJAK2 @ 04/22/16 05:56 PM
If they had the same presentation as 16 but added a coach mode that is atleast on par with NCAA's I would be content.

# 28 SolidSquid @ 04/22/16 07:10 PM
Has anyone ever played highschool football and took a goofy group picture with your close buddies on football pictures day? That's what this reminds me of lol

# 29 TheWalkingCash @ 04/22/16 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
It shows that no new equipment has been added yet again.

# 30 SolidSquid @ 04/22/16 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingCash
It shows that no new equipment has been added yet again.
I would be shocked if equipment went untouched. There's no telling when this screen is from, it coulda been something they mocked up right after 16 released.

# 31 darknmild @ 04/22/16 07:45 PM
Equipment doesnt make a game..... getting the ai logic and gameplay does.

# 32 darknmild @ 04/22/16 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknmild
Equipment doesnt make a game..... getting the ai logic and gameplay does.
i meant getting the ai logic and gameplay right does

# 33 jpdavis82 @ 04/22/16 07:59 PM
There could be several changes to this lineup screen or whatever this is by the time the game comes out. How many of you knew there were signs and females in the crowd when you first saw M16 screenshots or that the indoor lighting was greatly improved or that there were towels? They hide things intentionally, we have to see a LOT more before we draw any conclusions about presentation features for this game, including equipment.

# 34 Cowboy008 @ 04/22/16 08:00 PM
I don't really like it

# 35 adh5199 @ 04/22/16 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
One screen doesn't, but give our track record with EA, the fact that you could have told me that was 16 and would believe you tells me that there isn't enough change from year to year to justify a purchase. No new equipment, same graphics, same player models, etc. Don't tell me blah blah blah that will be added later in the cycle, because you and i both know that it WONT. I'm sure there will be some cool game play gimmick though....Hell yes!

# 36 mestevo @ 04/22/16 09:04 PM
Reminds me of a mix between the MNF intros and stylized defensive/offensive unit broadcast graphics but with the liberties you can take in a video game you can place them on the field instead of the one-by-one or in a collage.

Some stats rolling in after the initial names would be nice, either per player or as a unit.

# 37 jstrick8 @ 04/22/16 09:12 PM
Now y'all know Madden is going to recycle the same game and milk everyone's money with nothing being changed. I'm surprised y'all actually thought they were going to be different this year or add something new.

# 38 WMoore75 @ 04/22/16 09:30 PM
Am I the only one who notices the look of high top cleats on the the 3 players to the left?

# 39 khaliib @ 04/22/16 09:51 PM
Don't want to ruin it, but oh well!!!

Shoes (although big looking) look like the Cam style high tops, which have been in the game since M25 (at least coded), but have not been linked to image files to be seen/used by gamers.

There are about 5 other hidden types of shoes as well.

Hope this is an indication we will see them in M17!!!

# 40 jpdavis82 @ 04/22/16 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Don't want to ruin it, but oh well!!!

Shoes (although big looking) look like the Cam style high tops, which have been in the game since M25 (at least coded), but have not been linked to image files to be seen/used by gamers.

There are about 5 other hidden types of shoes as well.

Hope this is an indication we will see them in M17!!!
5 other hidden types of shoes? If they're hidden how do you know that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.