Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Damarious Randall, cornerback for the Green Bay Packers, posted this Madden NFL 17 screenshot, (which has recently been deleted) showing off some of the new presentation in the game this year.

It's obviously early in the cycle, so a lot of details won't be shown off. Either way, it's Madden NFL 17 news and we are going to post it.

It was around this time last year the Madden hype train started, as they gave the release date with plenty of details on the game released in May.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 Kanobi @ 04/25/16 05:05 PM
I keep hoping for Madden to wow me with the presentation and gameplay before I cough up $60+ for it on launch. I don't have the patience anymore to overanalyze one Madden screenshot...or even an entire feature list. Need to see footage. Hoping this is the year they make a huge leap. Otherwise I'll continue my ultra meticulous yet rewarding editing of All Pro 2k8, updating it for 2016-2017 season

# 142 mrprice33 @ 04/25/16 06:26 PM
Hopefully we get plenty of footage from the E3 EA event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 143 KickassJohnson @ 04/25/16 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBAlki
Man I've never seen so many guys complaining about shoes and accessories. Especially judging from one picture. Nobody even knows when this picture is from. Also, nobody gets had any real idea how to develop a game or the process involved. If I was a gaming company I wouldn't give out any info or screen shots either. This is a crazy reaction to a picture

Kind of reminds me of my daughter and her friends. "Oh look, those shoes are ugly, I can't believe she would wear those."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
It's half-*** in my opinion.. they go to lengths to make it appear realistic but use old crap from 10yrs ago. Watch a game today and point out a player that uses that equipment. You can't.

Imagine if Call of Duty only used the same 4 guns for every game they made... same premise

# 144 PVarck31 @ 04/25/16 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
It's half-*** in my opinion.. they go to lengths to make it appear realistic but use old crap from 10yrs ago. Watch a game today and point out a player that uses that equipment. You can't.

Imagine if Call of Duty only used the same 4 guns for every game they made... same premise
But once again, we don't know that there is no new equipment. In fact, the way the community has demanded new equipment over the past couple of years I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't update it.

You can't just assume there is no new equipment based on this screenshot.

# 145 mrprice33 @ 04/25/16 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
But once again, we don't know that there is no new equipment. In fact, the way the community has demanded new equipment over the past couple of years I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't update it.

Right. Having done pre-release work on NBA I can promise that art can come in verrrrrrrrrrrry late. No guarantee that there is new equipment, but a screenshot from mid-April certainly does not prove to me that there is no new equipment in the game, especially shoes.

This is usually why they are pretty tight-lipped about pre-release stuff. Because of threads like this.

# 146 jfsolo @ 04/25/16 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
The way I see it, EA isn't trying to replicate ESPN, CBS, or FOX presentation. I mean, that's obvious. What they're doing is creating their own, as if they are actually broadcasting the game you're playing. Rather than trying to make it look like you're playing a game being broadcast on CBS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The Madden team is in the unique position to take advantage of the fact that they are presenting NFL football through the lens of an interactive video game. They'd be absolutely foolish to not take advantage of it to push the envelope of presentation in whatever ways they can think of to do so. I go as far as to argue that not adding their own touches is a disservice to the audience.
The fact that we are an active participant in the game, i.e., controlling players on the field, makes me personally want presentation elements that reflect our involvement in the action, rather than ones that mirror games on TV where we are, of course, purely spectators.

# 147 SageInfinite @ 04/25/16 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The fact that we are an active participant in the game, i.e., controlling players on the field, makes me personally want presentation elements that reflect our involvement in the action, rather than ones that mirror games on TV where we are, of course, purely spectators.
Definitely understand that perspective. I would rather control what I see on tv, you'd rather have a more personal on field experience.

I'd like to see Tiburon have options for both, rather than trying to have this all in one mash up.

# 148 Culture Rot @ 04/25/16 08:02 PM
Doesn't look true to broadcast. Why can't Madden replicate what we see on TV on sundays?

# 149 noplace @ 04/25/16 08:28 PM
As for equipment, normally what you see is what you get. Screens are very early but I can't remember a time we actually got something we didn't see in the screen shots.

# 150 roadman @ 04/25/16 08:32 PM
I don't think I've seen a screen shot with a debug kit on it, either.

# 151 jpdavis82 @ 04/25/16 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
As for equipment, normally what you see is what you get. Screens are very early but I can't remember a time we actually got something we didn't see in the screen shots.

Madden 16, they hid the towels and the sideline gear and camera men gear, they also hid the fact there were females in the crowd. Madden 13 they showed us videos of gameplay without the infinity engine, if they can hide that engine, they definitely "could" hide equipment but we just have to wait and see. Like I said before, if they were going to let us know they added equipment it would not be in a random dev kit screenshot. People lose jobs over that sort of leak.

# 152 redsox4evur @ 04/26/16 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit
still no tatts lol
This is because of the NFLPA and players, not EA. The players have to go and get permission from their artists for them to be in the game.

# 153 mrprice33 @ 04/26/16 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit
still no tatts lol
http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/2/1089...be-bean-bryant

# 154 SIR924 @ 04/26/16 10:58 AM
Too early to speculate base of just one presentation page. Just want the game play fixed! I find myself skipping the presentation no matter how much they change it, it still gets bored,

# 155 KickassJohnson @ 04/27/16 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

I thought Rex had already said they weren't addressing it this year, may be wrong but I personally have reached out to him and other devs multiple times and haven't heard a word.

It's just frustrating that it has even come to this point. Says a lot.

# 156 Boltman @ 04/27/16 01:56 PM
circuit, relax bro.

All this off of one screen shot, what's wrong with people?

# 157 SolidSquid @ 04/27/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
I thought Rex had already said they weren't addressing it this year, may be wrong but I personally have reached out to him and other devs multiple times and haven't heard a word.

Last year he said something along the lines of they wanna get gameplay right before dedicating time to equipment, which I found weird considering they are 2 different departments.

# 158 JimmyT85 @ 04/27/16 02:31 PM
Quote:

IMO, that is a flawed statement. COD is primarily focused on gun play and shooting. The guns in COD are not just an aesthetic, where as equipment in Madden is purely that. The different cleats/gloves/helmet etc don't make players act differently or alter gameplay, whereas guns in COD do.

# 159 PVarck31 @ 04/27/16 05:12 PM
Quote:

No, he didn't say that. He said that about 16.

# 160 DeuceDouglas @ 04/27/16 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Last year he said something along the lines of they wanna get gameplay right before dedicating time to equipment, which I found weird considering they are 2 different departments.
I agree with what Gridiron said with Gameplay being a forever project. Gameplay is something that needs to be worked on every year and will get messed with either way no matter what. The thing with equipment is that they have added new things, they added the old school helmets, the old school taped arms and a few other old school things but have neglected adding anything current or replacing the outdated stuff.

I think one thing that holds things back as well is that if they want to do it right, they're going to have to overhaul pretty much everything, not just add new stuff. There's a bunch of proportion and clipping issues with the current facemasks because of how they were designed to work with the visors. Sleeves still look like they're painted on. It's somewhat similar to gameplay last year where you can add some new, really nice looking animations (or in this case equipment) but when you do that it makes the old stuff look really bad and standout even more compared to the new stuff.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.