Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Sam Bradford is not happy about the Eagles trading away several future draft picks to likely a acquire a QB in the second pick of the draft -- and he's now demanding a trade.

Let's first sit back and appreciate how the last month of movement from Philadelphia has been somewhat self-destructive over the short term -- sacrificing both several draft picks along with now possibly your immediate starting QB to draft a new QB of the future.

Bradford, as you may know, signed a 2-year, $36 million extension earlier this offseason. Now, in demanding a trade, he's opened up the possibility a couple of suitors could sweep in and try to nab him.

The contenders are:

Denver - This is obvious isn't it? The team is built to win a championship now, and Bradford would be a nice short term answer as the franchise tries to figure out the future. Bradford's contract doesn't fit with Denver's finances and would require some restructuring but this is hardly undoable.

New York Jets - Bradford could be a fit in NY as well with Fitzpatrick not signed yet. Again, Bradford may have to take a hit on finances here -- but the Jets probably would see Bradford as an upgrade.

Cleveland - I mean, why not? You need a QB in Cleveland, they have the finances, and the Browns have a lot of draft choices. Bradford wouldn't thrive here at all, this would be another St. Louis type of situation, but it'd make sense for Cleveland.

Philadelphia - No, Philly isn't going to trade with itself for Bradford, but let's be real: Bradford probably ends up in Philly as the tutor/veteran teacher for the upcoming rookie QB and then leaves in a couple of years as the new QB takes the reigns. From Bradford's standpoint this isn't the greatest situation but its a position and a salary. And oftentimes, the simplest explanation is the most likely.

What do you think? Which team would you like to see Bradford land on for next year's Madden?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rams_3 @ 04/25/16 04:21 PM
Who cares about sam bradford. As a Rams fan I'm glad he's gone, dude couldn't stay healthy. He's so fragile he probably got hurt this morning fixing a bowl of cereal. Smh.

# 2 4thQtrStre5S @ 04/25/16 04:35 PM
He should go to Denver, cause I don't like Denver or Bradford...GO Raiders..

# 3 NINJAK2 @ 04/25/16 05:08 PM
He should STFU. Every year LB's, RB's, OL/DL, etc have to worry about keeping their jobs whenever their position is drafted yet we never hear them crying or trying to force a trade. Unfortunately QB's are commodities with expiration dates just like those other positions and if they want to be on the field like those other guys and keep their job they have to do one thing - PLAY WELL. He has not been good enough or consistent enough over his NFL career to believe he is guaranteed a starting spot.

# 4 gr18 @ 04/25/16 06:26 PM
Philly's paying him $18 million and he may get to start this year and presumably have Wentz ready next year.If he has a good season he could get that big long term deal.I think he's worried about injuries or a bad couple of games, or team losing scenario that would have the fans crying for Wentz.

Philly could, put Chase Daniel out there as a bridge.Denver would be the best option at a restructured amount.They could still win with him.He's good enough with staying healthy the big question mark.I don't think he's a big upgrade for the Jets over Fitzpatrick while the Browns can be the Browns with RG3.

# 5 Ampking101 @ 04/25/16 06:38 PM
Honestly staying with Philly is his best bet. He doesn't have job security in the long term but short of actually getting a decent haul for trading him, they aren't letting him go with that hit to the cap.

Worst case scenario if he stays with the Eagles he sits out at least a season, collects $17 mil, get cut next year and is a free agent free to choose where he wants to go. Best case scenario, Goff or Wentz go down with an injury and you're right back to being the starter.

The reality is that I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to trade him but that is a huge cap hit to cut him that it is at least worth keeping him on the roster for a season as a vastly overpaid back up.

If he does get traded there are two destinations I see being beneficial to the recipients.

1.) Denver trades for him. They don't have a viable started after losing Osweiler, Paxton Lynch likely won't be available by the time they draft, they need a QB that at least has experience. Their defense can keep them in games and their offense can help cover up some of Bradford's weaknesses. It's not the ideal situation but it isn't necessarily a losing proposition.

2.) Dallas trades for him. It's obvious that the Cowboys need a QB that can win badly. They are by far a superbowl ready team with their biggest weakness being Tony Romo's inability to stay healthy. In this scenario it's very likely that Bradford sees playing time at least a few times in the season. He still plays out his contract but possibly has opportunities to shine. Dallas has an offense that is built for a guy like Bradford to shine (an all star oline, an arguably top 5 receiver, a top 5 TE, and a RB if healthy can keep teams on their toes) and a solid defense that won't lose games but won't win any either (unlike Denver).

Likelyhood of being traded is almost nonexistent, that said these are the winning options for all parties involved as I see it.

# 6 Josiphos @ 04/25/16 07:56 PM
As an Eagles fan, I'm a little disappointed in Sam. He knowingly signed a prove it deal, and then is somehow threatened by a FCS QB when he knows he has to go out and ball to get a huge new contract.

Really Sam, you've made 100M so far being totally mediocre and or hurt. He's never won a playoff game, never even been to one right?

What kind of leadership does this show, to expect your team to not even plan for the future, and now you're gonna hold your breath and want a trade?

Sad sad Sam

# 7 KennyJ1976 @ 04/25/16 09:00 PM
The Arena League. But in all honesty, I think Philly is making a huge mistake if they draft either of these QBs #2 overall. Have any of you even heard of these guys before a couple of months ago? Just another case of QBs being over valued when it has been proven that you can win Super Bowls without 1st round QBs or even franchise type QBs.

# 8 Themayorofawsometown @ 04/25/16 09:08 PM
Noooo I don't want Bradford playing for the jets. I would rather hope Fitz resigns than trade for Bradford

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

# 9 Black Bruce Wayne @ 04/26/16 01:12 AM
How does he think he is? He should be grateful that Philly even gave him a shot. With his injury history, they could have passed on him all together. He finally had a full, healthy season and now he thinks he is the choosen one in Philly? He doesnt want to compete with some rookie QB? How does even know Philly is going to draft a QB? I dont get him at all.

# 10 Senor Tortilla @ 04/26/16 08:07 AM
Philadelphia, New York, Denver, Cleveland are all viable landing spots for Bradford, but I'm not convinced that Denver nor New York are willing to put up the money to get him based on their current salary cap situation, which caused the mass exodus from Denver following the Super Bowl. He isn't worth that contract to any team, maybe besides Philly, and he doesn't want to be there. In order for a trade to go through, I think Philly would have to stomach a large cap hit in order to make any team interested, even then Bradford may have to ask for a release, then pick up a lesser contract elsewhere.

Bradford has not been a good NFL starter, but it would be nice for the Eagles to keep around a QB with starting experience to give (presumably) Wentz a bit of mentorship before he gets thrown into the fire. Bradford may want to start, but I'm not sure thats feasible for him anymore considering his injury and shaky at best play. If he plays well in Philly he can keep his contract, and maybe swing a trade later next season if his value goes up.

# 11 azdawgpound @ 04/26/16 10:20 AM
I dont see browns being in the mix for Bradford.. we have rg3 plus mccown..plus there's been talk of us taking a QB so if we do that we'd have a QB controversy with who's gonna be starter we've been there done that we need stick with one guy and let him grow.

Now far as jets, Denver both need qbs but jets don't wanna pay Fitzpatrick $17 m Bradford contract is $16 million so unless he takes a pay cut don't see him signing with jets.

Denver has salary cap issues so don't know how they would sign him .

His best bet is to stay in Philly most teams have had use 2 qbs during season plus he's proven he can't stay healthy...so who would wanna pay big money to QB who cant stay healthy.

# 12 redsox4evur @ 04/26/16 10:23 AM
Hold out for 2 seasons or retire. He has no leverage in this situation.

# 13 Del Val Events @ 04/26/16 10:35 AM
Sam Bradford is owed absolutely nothing. His options are to shut his mouth and play for whomever owns his contract - or go away and never play again.

# 14 TheDevilsAss @ 04/26/16 10:40 AM
Sam Bradford is a ******, he just got offered a contract that has $22 Million guaranteed and he wants to be traded. Since we all know that Goff will be heading to the Rams, Wentz will probably fall to the Eagles but he cannot make the transition from a FCS school to the NFL easily so he probably won't start at the beginning of the year and maybe not even for this year.

# 15 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 04/26/16 11:56 AM
We gave him $11 million already this offseason. His only option is to shut up and earn that money.

# 16 howboutdat @ 04/26/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
We gave him $11 million already this offseason. His only option is to shut up and earn that money.
agreed. As a philly fan here is how i feel about it.

1st off , hated Chip the dip sent Foles away for this guy. I knew it was a huge mistake.

2nd- Then this offseason we over pay this guy ( still dont understand who was smoking crack to give him that deal). A guy who has never ever produced well in the NFL .Dude doesnt deserve half the money we paying him.

3rd- I find it funny , his agent actually let slip the real issue. Sam is affraid ( key word) if he has a bad couple of games , he may lose starting job. Well if you thought you were half as good as your acting like you say ( saying you want to be "the man" for a team) , then be the man , and play. What are you affraid of having a couple of bad games if your so great kid? The fact is, he knows he isnt, and knows what we all know, he is likely to get hurt, or play bad, or both. If i were him, and thought i could play, id go out and prove it this year, so at end of year you can have something good to interest another team in being willing to give you a shot at a long term big deal by producing alot this year.

Instead he over in the corner like a 5 year old kicking and screaming already just because they bringing in another QB. Grow up dude.

Just for those reasons above, as a Philly fan, plus all we have given up to get a QB when this team has numerous needs - Oline,HB,WR,LBS,CBS,Safties.... i say take the cap hit, trade his butt to one of the teams looking for a guy and get a couple draft picks back for him. Sure we eat some cap this year and next. But at least we could add some more young pieces to the team to either help the new QB, or help that aweful defense.This team has too many needs to not have alot of draft picks.We need all we can get. I say move him for a 2nd and 4th and be happy to get two young guys willing to compete.

This team has too many needs to be sitting on this guy , who dont want to be there. Again sure we will be eating that bonus money in cap. But lets be real here, if he gets hurt early in season, guess what ,we still paying him that same money plus his contract for the year, or he plays bad half the year, we lose numerous games due to it , we paying him a ton to do that too. Im happy with finally having a chance to see this mistake gone, eat the money and move forward for the teams sake.

# 17 azdawgpound @ 04/26/16 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
agreed. As a philly fan here is how i feel about it.

1st off , hated Chip the dip sent Foles away for this guy. I knew it was a huge mistake.

2nd- Then this offseason we over pay this guy ( still dont understand who was smoking crack to give him that deal). A guy who has never ever produced well in the NFL .Dude doesnt deserve half the money we paying him.

3rd- I find it funny , his agent actually let slip the real issue. Sam is affraid ( key word) if he has a bad couple of games , he may lose starting job. Well if you thought you were half as good as your acting like you say ( saying you want to be "the man" for a team) , then be the man , and play. What are you affraid of having a couple of bad games if your so great kid? The fact is, he knows he isnt, and knows what we all know, he is likely to get hurt, or play bad, or both. If i were him, and thought i could play, id go out and prove it this year, so at end of year you can have something good to interest another team in being willing to give you a shot at a long term big deal by producing alot this year.

Instead he over in the corner like a 5 year old kicking and screaming already just because they bringing in another QB. Grow up dude.

Just for those reasons above, as a Philly fan, plus all we have given up to get a QB when this team has numerous needs - Oline,HB,WR,LBS,CBS,Safties.... i say take the cap hit, trade his butt to one of the teams looking for a guy and get a couple draft picks back for him. Sure we eat some cap this year and next. But at least we could add some more young pieces to the team to either help the new QB, or help that aweful defense.This team has too many needs to not have alot of draft picks.We need all we can get. I say move him for a 2nd and 4th and be happy to get two young guys willing to compete.

This team has too many needs to be sitting on this guy , who dont want to be there. Again sure we will be eating that bonus money in cap. But lets be real here, if he gets hurt early in season, guess what ,we still paying him that same money plus his contract for the year, or he plays bad half the year, we lose numerous games due to it , we paying him a ton to do that too. Im happy with finally having a chance to see this mistake gone, eat the money and move forward for the teams sake.
Well the broncos are out the mix they called and price was too much.... Only other team would be jets but heck they don't wanna pay Fitzpatrick who wants $17 million.. Bradford's contract is only $1m less so I dont see that happening either.

So his only option is stay put in philly and try to be the "Man" or else get beat out by a rookie or else Daniels.

# 18 scoobyskyline3 @ 04/26/16 07:52 PM
The guaranteed money he just got and the fact that the team already said that he is the starter are pretty good reasons why he should just shut up. I felt like that was a stupid resigning to begin with and nobody else would pay a guy who will be 29 halfway through the season and has ONE lone healthy season under his belt.

An outside possibility (howbeit a rare chance) is that the eagles wanted someone else (not a QB) in the draft and the only team moving back at the time were the Browns but Sam didnt allow it to get that far.

# 19 perksg @ 04/26/16 08:59 PM
I don't think Bradford has many viable options. I think he'll only be a backup from here on out.

# 20 mjavon @ 04/27/16 01:38 AM
I don't think anybody is taking on that cap hit... At least not in the offseason. The only way I see him being traded is if some team that looks like they're in the playoff hunt loses their starting QB, so they make a move for him to save their season. But that's pretty unlikely.

Some are saying he could still start over Wentz this year, but I don't see it. When was the last time a top 5 QB pick didn't start day one? I honestly can't even think of one since Eli sat behind Kurt Warner in New York for like a minute.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.