Home
NHL 17 News Post

EA Sports has released their all-new NHL 17 Vision trailer, an inside look at the development of NHL 17.

The video includes a look at the customization options, celebrations, net battles and goalie animations, as well as the addition of the World Cup of Hockey.

Game: NHL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
NHL 17 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Don Jon @ 04/26/16 02:43 PM
Do you think the international team jerseys will be licensed this year? They've been sadly generic since I can remember

# 22 actionhank @ 04/26/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Do you think the international team jerseys will be licensed this year? They've been sadly generic since I can remember
I really hope it's the year they let us make our own. I'm going to be awfully sad if I have to see teams like Japan and Great Britain in over other teams who actually played in the last Olympics.

# 23 KidShowtime @ 04/26/16 02:59 PM
Quote:
They have the official logos, so I would assume jerseys will come as well.

# 24 Freakywwe @ 04/26/16 03:03 PM
Quote:
Maybe they'll go the NHL 2004 route and make their own. Those jerseys looked really nice I'd love to see them do that again

# 25 Peter10 @ 04/26/16 03:34 PM
The trailer looks interesting but nothing really that would get me hooked up again. Last version I played was 14 and even that one not that much.

Honestly I dont really care about a 5 player goal celebration or if there are real coach models. Stuff like this is nice for a day or two but then I dont care much. All of the last editions i played (from 10-14) felt artificial gameplay wise. Probably good if you look for a hockey themed game but I never got the real hockey feeling. Maybe its because the 2k series spoiled me or maybe its because i didnt set that high standards back then, I dont know. But then again, NBA 2k12 kept me hooked longer than NHL 12 and I dont even like basketball anymore.

P.S.: Is it confirmed that NHL will remain PS and XBOX only or is there still a chance for a PC version?

# 26 mayers911 @ 04/26/16 04:43 PM
custom music like mbl show 16 please

# 27 TemplateR @ 04/26/16 04:49 PM
PC Version plz!!!!

# 28 Gotmilkman24 @ 04/26/16 04:52 PM
Front of the net battles makes me excited as a defenseman. Maybe tie ups work now?

# 29 Madwolf @ 04/26/16 04:55 PM
I honestly think NHL 16 was pretty good gameplay wise. It's still a game that is arcady with default sliders, but with a few adjustments it really feels solid.

My major points of contention are currently board play and play in front of the net are downers and need overhauled. I'd also like to see defenders play more aggressively.

# 30 HenryClay1844 @ 04/26/16 05:24 PM
Hopefully you can create multiple teams and use images from the web instead of just lame pre-set logos. It won't be a worthy addition unless you could create say the KHL or Big10.

# 31 MavsUCCB @ 04/26/16 06:03 PM
I'll take back a little bit of my snarky-ness from my last post they are actually rolling out a little bit of meat today ad not just a Cover Vote. To see customization being a focus has me just a little bit excited but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

# 32 Hockeynut99 @ 04/26/16 06:05 PM
Until they have stick on stick contact I won't get too impress.

# 33 WildVikingFox @ 04/26/16 06:14 PM
This looks amazing!

They seem to have given gamers everything we asked for.

NHL 16 already has a solid foundation for the on-ice action, it just needs some tweaks, so all the additions seen in the trailer make it look like a perfect game now

# 34 ericromain @ 04/26/16 06:31 PM
Quote:
I believe the 2016 World Cup is sanctioned by the NHL and NHLPA. Olymplic/World Championship is sanctioned by the IIHF. It wouldn't surprise me if it's easier to get the World Cup uniforms for that reason.

# 35 ericromain @ 04/26/16 06:37 PM
What's with the Captain C on the goalie? Probably just a template thing?

# 36 giantsharks @ 04/26/16 06:47 PM
Looks like they're adding some meat to the game, Im cautiously optimistic but like everyone, waiting on gameplay

Looks like they've added some signature goal celebrations, like ovi warming his hands.

Also i couldnt tell but it looks like they tried to add this celebration:

If this is the one they added its off a little but still really cool they added it in

# 37 infernoisdead @ 04/26/16 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Hopefully you can create multiple teams and use images from the web instead of just lame pre-set logos. It won't be a worthy addition unless you could create say the KHL or Big10.
If they do something like the old NCAA football team builder websites that would be incredible

# 38 aaron777 @ 04/26/16 07:38 PM
If these guys can implement relocation like 2k that be so awesome. I hope they don't half *** it and have generic logos. Still wish they take idea with goalie masks as well. I'm glad they are trying to make it better at least

# 39 Nas160 @ 04/26/16 08:27 PM
Man, is custom teams finally coming back? I hope so! Looks like we'll be able to customize the arenas as well, like we were able to do in NHL 2004! Pumped!

# 40 Money99 @ 04/26/16 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidShowtime
Fake! The Oilers appear to be doing well in this game.
They should have shown Edmonton drafting 1st overall for the 8th year in a row if they want to attract the hardcore fans.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.