Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.04 is available now, weighing in at 237 MB, check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing!

UPDATE: The developers are aware of the issues users are reporting. Users are currently reporting the dreaded "Challenge Failed" error, pitch speeds not displaying correctly, and other various online problems.

UPDATE #2: We rolled out some server changes to address the challenge failed messages. Is anyone still getting them?

We will update this post when we get more details.

OFFLINE GAME-PLAY:
  • Dynamic Difficulty is now working as intended while batting.
  • The ball trail option will now correctly correspond in-game if set to off, or fade.
  • Several adjustments were made to the auto base running mechanics during offline game-play.
  • Fixed an issue within RTTS while pitching with certain Perks equipped would result in a crash.
  • Corrected the order in which the "Preloading a Throw” and “Double Play” tutorial appear.
  • Following a Year to Year file upload in Road To The Show, the player card stats would display incorrect team and player info. This should now be corrected.
  • Tweaks and adjustments were made to AI behavior and animations that should streamline game-play performance. Areas of adjustment include: Fielders tagging moving base runners, Routes to catch balls, running catch animations, Fielders correctly covering bases on complex double play situations, etc…
  • Within Franchise mode, some generated or additional players were listed as born in “Alaska” instead of their correct place of origin. This should now be corrected and no longer happen.
  • Adjustments made to both online and offline pitcher/reliever energy levels.
  • New scanned heads added to update user’s experience following a year to year file upload.
  • Fixed numerous hangs, crashes, soft locks, etc., reported by the community through the bug reporting tool.
  • Sponsors should now give rewards.
ONLINE GAME-PLAY:
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a loss for users who requested a friendly quit at certain times.
  • Resolved a number of freezing, soft locks, instability and crashes during online play.
  • Fixed an issue where a pitch could occasionally change path on its’ way to the plate, shifting from inside the zone to outside the zone within a frame.
  • Addressed an issue under certain circumstances a pitcher would automatically pitch when the batter came out of Batter's Eye Cam.
  • Changes were made to the Batters Eye Cam: How long it can be used, how many times it can be accessed per at bat, etc… This should limit exploits, but keep the feature usable for its’ intended purpose.
  • We’ve shortened the total amount of pause time from 6 minutes to 5 minutes during an online game.
  • The pitchers pitch type interface will now be hidden if the batter is using Guess Pitch or Pitch History (L2 Button). This should help the user who is pitching understand when they can and cannot start the pitching motion.
  • Fixed a bug where the user was not being awarded the “Free Swings” trophy in an Online Home Run Derby if specific operations were being performed.
AUDIO
  • Resolved issues where in game intro/walk-up music would not play properly.
  • Tuned commentary triggers to be more accurate in one-sided games.
  • Reduced the amount of repetitive audio clips for specific players.
  • Fixed an issue where player yells were being disabled through the controller within Road To The Show. An occasional sound burst could also occur during game-play.
  • Various other general bug fixes.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tabarnes19_SDS @ 05/01/16 07:30 PM
Not sure if this was pre patch or post, but I'm noticing guys getting less money in arbitration than they earned the year before. Example is Harvey had a 10 million salary. After the season he won his arbitration case and made 8.9.

That may be the reason why teams are flush with cash in the offseason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

# 22 ZB9 @ 05/01/16 07:30 PM
yea im now getting "challenge failed" every time i try to play an online ranked or extra innings game in DD. It had been working great before this patch.

# 23 countryboy @ 05/01/16 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
It's in there under offline fixes.
I see it now....

Glad to see that it was fixed. So many users affected by that issue.

# 24 bkrich83 @ 05/01/16 07:33 PM
Quote:
This patch basically rendered most of the game unplayable. Wow.
Huh? The game is unplayable now?

# 25 bkrich83 @ 05/01/16 07:35 PM
Quote:
DD, Battle Royale, Conquest, any online game yes.
Hmm.. Not sure that's the majority of the game, but damn, not good.

# 26 Maxflier @ 05/01/16 07:35 PM
Can't play anymore games in my online league since the update. I get a challenge failed when I try to play one...

# 27 Ghost Of The Year @ 05/01/16 07:35 PM
Waiting for the patch to DL.
Any news on Venditte?

# 28 areobee401 @ 05/01/16 07:36 PM
Patch seems to have screwed up the servers. Three freezes in BR mode and a bunch of challenge failed in between. So that is 3000 lost stubs and 3 loses towards my record. lol

# 29 bkrich83 @ 05/01/16 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Patch seems to have screwed up the servers. Three freezes in BR mode and a bunch of challenge failed in between. So that is 3000 lost stubs and 3 loses towards my record. lol
I wonder if the servers and the the clients (games installed on the PS4's) are patched to different levels for some reason. Either way not good.

# 30 Stolm @ 05/01/16 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
And the some of the fixes in games you played include:

"Introduces a number of general stability and performance improvements"

"Added other new functions"

And that's just 2/4 of your list keeping in mind you only showed what you wanted to show us. There are much more to those patch lists than what you posted.
You still don't understand. I don't want every note fully detailed and explained, I want the full patch notes they release online to be the same ones detailed on the XMB.

The examples you are pointing out are still part of the full patch notes.

# 31 bkrich83 @ 05/01/16 07:39 PM

# 32 bcruise @ 05/01/16 07:41 PM
Was there even a server downtime before the patch dropped? Wouldn't surpise me if the whole system needs a restart to get everything and everyone on the same page.

If I was at my PS4 I'd just stay offline for now, but I'm at work anyway.

Would like impressions of the offine changes instead of just endless complaints about online.
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 33 areobee401 @ 05/01/16 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Noticed that as well. Another thing is missed swings on sure contact. The ball literally disappears and goes right through the bat.

# 34 bkrich83 @ 05/01/16 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Was there even a server downtime before the patch dropped? Wouldn't surpise me if the whole system needs a restart to get everything and everyone on the same page.

If I was at my PS4 I'd just stay offline for now, but I'm at work anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
That's what i was thinking. Seems like the server and the clients aren't on the same patch level. Pure speculation I have no knowledge whether that's true or even possible at this point.

# 35 bkrich83 @ 05/01/16 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Noticed that as well. Another thing is missed swings on sure contact. The ball literally disappears and goes right through the bat.
I basically play offline 95% of the time. Just going to skip this patch until this gets ironed out.

# 36 MiamiMike @ 05/01/16 07:44 PM
Just lost back to back dd games because of this, I am pissed, disconnected before the first pitch with game error, wow, horrible.

# 37 lizardking89 @ 05/01/16 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
RTTS Player yells come out of the controller speaker now..I can hardly hear them though.
Yeah I didn't like that either kinda distracting.

# 38 Jr. @ 05/01/16 07:57 PM
The fatigue bar is now a full circle. Great change.. so much easier to see

# 39 Side Effect @ 05/01/16 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Waiting for the patch to DL.
Any news on Venditte?
What about Venditte?

# 40 Will I Am @ 05/01/16 08:07 PM
What about overly aggressive/downright silly at times cpu base running, was that addressed?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.