Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.04 is available now, weighing in at 237 MB, check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing!

UPDATE: The developers are aware of the issues users are reporting. Users are currently reporting the dreaded "Challenge Failed" error, pitch speeds not displaying correctly, and other various online problems.

UPDATE #2: We rolled out some server changes to address the challenge failed messages. Is anyone still getting them?

We will update this post when we get more details.

OFFLINE GAME-PLAY:
  • Dynamic Difficulty is now working as intended while batting.
  • The ball trail option will now correctly correspond in-game if set to off, or fade.
  • Several adjustments were made to the auto base running mechanics during offline game-play.
  • Fixed an issue within RTTS while pitching with certain Perks equipped would result in a crash.
  • Corrected the order in which the "Preloading a Throw” and “Double Play” tutorial appear.
  • Following a Year to Year file upload in Road To The Show, the player card stats would display incorrect team and player info. This should now be corrected.
  • Tweaks and adjustments were made to AI behavior and animations that should streamline game-play performance. Areas of adjustment include: Fielders tagging moving base runners, Routes to catch balls, running catch animations, Fielders correctly covering bases on complex double play situations, etc…
  • Within Franchise mode, some generated or additional players were listed as born in “Alaska” instead of their correct place of origin. This should now be corrected and no longer happen.
  • Adjustments made to both online and offline pitcher/reliever energy levels.
  • New scanned heads added to update user’s experience following a year to year file upload.
  • Fixed numerous hangs, crashes, soft locks, etc., reported by the community through the bug reporting tool.
  • Sponsors should now give rewards.
ONLINE GAME-PLAY:
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a loss for users who requested a friendly quit at certain times.
  • Resolved a number of freezing, soft locks, instability and crashes during online play.
  • Fixed an issue where a pitch could occasionally change path on its’ way to the plate, shifting from inside the zone to outside the zone within a frame.
  • Addressed an issue under certain circumstances a pitcher would automatically pitch when the batter came out of Batter's Eye Cam.
  • Changes were made to the Batters Eye Cam: How long it can be used, how many times it can be accessed per at bat, etc… This should limit exploits, but keep the feature usable for its’ intended purpose.
  • We’ve shortened the total amount of pause time from 6 minutes to 5 minutes during an online game.
  • The pitchers pitch type interface will now be hidden if the batter is using Guess Pitch or Pitch History (L2 Button). This should help the user who is pitching understand when they can and cannot start the pitching motion.
  • Fixed a bug where the user was not being awarded the “Free Swings” trophy in an Online Home Run Derby if specific operations were being performed.
AUDIO
  • Resolved issues where in game intro/walk-up music would not play properly.
  • Tuned commentary triggers to be more accurate in one-sided games.
  • Reduced the amount of repetitive audio clips for specific players.
  • Fixed an issue where player yells were being disabled through the controller within Road To The Show. An occasional sound burst could also occur during game-play.
  • Various other general bug fixes.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jada855 @ 05/01/16 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Forgot to mention, still unable to call for a pickoff an an infielder in RTTS.

Instead I can do this......

Looks like am trying to call for a pickoff but animation does not complete.

And I am doing this by pulling both triggers at the same time. Old pickoff calls used to be trigger plus the base button, so not sure exactly what this is.

Add it to the bug list.
Temp Fix

I have personally never gotten a successful out from doing this since MLB 14 and I play Short Stop! But once you press both trigger buttons and the animation starts then press L2 plus "Triangle" and the pitcher will turn around to throw the ball to second base. If you ever get a out from this record it!

Last year it was L2 and "X" either they changed it and told no one or the button mapping is backwards! Because "Triangle" is second base in classic base running!

Never wanted a game to work so badly! Still hanging on!

# 82 D13 @ 05/01/16 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Well I made sure to delete the download before it started. I want to play my Franchise with no issues. Not downloading until I hear things were addressed. What a mess this year.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Every year**

This is becoming beyond ridiculous.

# 83 Geronimo22 @ 05/01/16 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
I noticed that classic baserunning was broken like others did. I changed my baserunning settings, then changed them back, and I was able to choose which base I wanted the runner to go to.

I was in the middle of a game.
This is very annoying. I almost lost a game today because I couldn't use classic running.

So you found a work-around? Do you have to change them and then take a pitch, then go back and put it back to classic?

# 84 MDL2JC @ 05/01/16 11:15 PM
When will they patch the custom pitch camera not saving

# 85 evans5150 @ 05/01/16 11:25 PM
If we are playing an offline franchise do we need to restart or will this be a seamless thing?

# 86 wutangfourever @ 05/01/16 11:25 PM
First game post patch CPU 1b picks up grounder, runs past bag which looks like stepping on the base and then just stands next to the 1b coaches box with the ball as the ump makes no call. Yup, its fixed.

# 87 bkrich83 @ 05/01/16 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw9036
[Safeco Field Closed Roof Weather]

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10301

Comment posted Apr 27, 2016 1:01 pm PDT by Developer
The weather outside a closed roof is not implemented due to memory size. This will be something we will look into for next year. Thank you all for the information and support.

-----------------------------------------

It's very disappoiniting to me....
What does this have to do with update 1.04?

I was able to kill the patch download. At least temporarily.

# 88 Spokker @ 05/01/16 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
I noticed that classic baserunning was broken like others did. I changed my baserunning settings, then changed them back, and I was able to choose which base I wanted the runner to go to.

I was in the middle of a game.
Just realized this doesn't work. Was denied a walkoff sacrifice fly because I couldn't send the runner on third home by pressing buttons.

I had readjusted my baserunning settings prior to this, but didn't work this time.

# 89 CujoMatty @ 05/01/16 11:52 PM
Watching MLB.tv and got a message for the show patch and got super excited. Read the patch notes and most of the things I hoped would get fixed did. Buzz kill.
Then I read the posts in this thread. Even bigger buzz kill.
Ill always reserve judgment and play after watching the game but I have to say I'm disapointed with how buggy and how many legacy issues still exist in this years game.
I never thought I'd say this because I like having a new version of the show with new features every year but I'm thinking maybe it's time to slow down and iron out the issues.

# 90 CujoMatty @ 05/01/16 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Watching MLB.tv and got a message for the show patch and got super excited. Read the patch notes and most of the things I hoped would get fixed did. Buzz kill.
Then I read the posts in this thread. Even bigger buzz kill.
Ill always reserve judgment and play after watching the game but I have to say I'm disapointed with how buggy and how many legacy issues still exist in this years game.
I never thought I'd say this because I like having a new version of the show with new features every year but I'm thinking maybe it's time to slow down and iron out the issues.
That was supposed to say didn't get fixed not did.

# 91 Bat @ 05/01/16 11:57 PM
Players skin toned have been changed on alot of players with the orange tint to them. Thank you!

# 92 dblaze731 @ 05/02/16 12:11 AM
How do you turn off the RTTS player yells on the controller?

# 93 KBLover @ 05/02/16 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel29
Anyone know how this patch affects the PS3 version? And if it fixes the unreadable text?

Wish I could tell you. My PS3 keeps saying "you are up to date" LOL

GG PS3, you're drunk.

# 94 spencedee @ 05/02/16 01:27 AM
Classic base running doesn't work any more

# 95 dran1984 @ 05/02/16 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencedee
People keep saying this, but I played a franchise game after installing the patch and it worked fine. I also disconnected from the internet too so that may have done something.

# 96 echotripper76 @ 05/02/16 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencedee
I noticed this too. I use classic baserunning exclusively since 06, so this is a bummer. Hope it's fixed ASAP.

# 97 baseballsim @ 05/02/16 02:02 AM
Another classic base-running user here. Does default base-running work at least? I tried the default one mid game and didn't even know how to use it!

# 98 philmnn @ 05/02/16 02:26 AM
They gave the Rockies matte helmets for their home and home alternates, but not their road, road alternates or warmups. Dodgers and Giants have the correct matte helmets for all current jerseys.

# 99 CujoMatty @ 05/02/16 02:52 AM
Commentary is definetly way better.

# 100 Seancefc @ 05/02/16 04:33 AM
Looks like I'll have to disconnect my ps4 from the Internet for the time being, what a joke.

Definitely the last time I buy the show on release day. That's if I buy it again. As another poster said earlier, what they've released this year is unacceptable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.