Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.

UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
  • Updated player portraits for a number of players.
  • Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
  • Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
  • Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
  • Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
  • Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
UPDATE #2: The patch has arrived for Xbox One users.

UPDATE #3 (5-19): The patch is now available for PC users.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 XxSpiritHunterX @ 05/03/16 07:12 AM
Some people don't understand the definition of an exploit smh

Anyways, you know you've got a great patch when people are so mad, they break their discs.

[found on Twitter, not my messages]

I'm on XB1 and can't get on now, but maybe I can finally go back to the park now on there. Thank you 2K/VC!

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 82 hanzsomehanz @ 05/03/16 07:33 AM
I have seen patch 6 gameplay and it looks LAME 😳

I'm not even an abuser of speed boosting but to not even be able to naturally launch out of a dribble move... 😳

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 83 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 05/03/16 07:50 AM
Who's faces got updated??

# 84 The 24th Letter @ 05/03/16 07:51 AM
https://vimeo.com/165135627

I feel like I can still launch out of moves fine...

I feel like all they removed were unnatural bursts

# 85 Antonioshellz @ 05/03/16 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
The dribble moves have no sense anymore .. Everybody is going to make a BIG GUY

That's the way 2k want it
The dribble moves make perfect sense. I can still break down defenders and blow by people by playing the angles instead of doing random moves with no purpose.

# 86 ApolloKids @ 05/03/16 08:08 AM
So what are these updated player portraits?

# 87 Themayorofawsometown @ 05/03/16 08:12 AM
Might be for dynamic myteam cards

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

# 88 trandoanhung1991 @ 05/03/16 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
https://vimeo.com/165135627

I feel like I can still launch out of moves fine...

I feel like all they removed were unnatural bursts
Movement looks so slow.

# 89 Defconxx @ 05/03/16 08:35 AM
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

# 90 OneDrop @ 05/03/16 09:00 AM
To those complaining: If you can't dribble without the speed boosting you're just not a good dribbler. Speed boosting required no skill at all. People complement me on my dribbling all the time and I avoid speed boosting as much as I can. You guys might want to try playing actual basketball instead of the Kobe sizeup back and forth cheese. Yes, even in park playing real basketball wins games.

# 91 daveberg @ 05/03/16 09:19 AM
Lol, all this mess. So glad I only play offline.

Though it SUCKS that they nerf aspects of the game across the board which has a direct impact on sim guys who don't use these moves as exploits. They did it with the passfake drive and the spin move to the point they're totally useless now.

Thanks cheesers. Thanks for forcing 2k to patch out stuff that actually comes in handy when used in the correct manner.

# 92 Korrupted @ 05/03/16 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
To those complaining: If you can't dribble without the speed boosting you're just not a good dribbler. Speed boosting required no skill at all. People complement me on my dribbling all the time and I avoid speed boosting as much as I can. You guys might want to try playing actual basketball instead of the Kobe sizeup back and forth cheese. Yes, even in park playing real basketball wins games.

I've seen people say this who absolutely sucked at it or couldn't defend it at all so they bash it in some kind of way (not saying that you cant). It wasn't hard to speed boost but there were definitely levels to it. If it was so easy everybody would be on the stage player level of speed boosting and that's far from the case. It was a lil more to speed boosting than just spamming the kobe escape.

On another note patch 6 just really takes us back to patch 1 when folks were using size ups like Jamaal Crawford, Steph Curry etc to create space. I'm sure a lot of folks will be just fine with the changes after they make the proper adjustments.

# 93 TheDuggler @ 05/03/16 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
Movement looks so slow.
Thats what actual basketball speed looks like, not 0-100% in an instant all the time

# 94 Gosens6 @ 05/03/16 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Lol, all this mess. So glad I only play offline.

Though it SUCKS that they nerf aspects of the game across the board which has a direct impact on sim guys who don't use these moves as exploits. They did it with the passfake drive and the spin move to the point they're totally useless now.

Thanks cheesers. Thanks for forcing 2k to patch out stuff that actually comes in handy when used in the correct manner.
This seems to be the current trend with 2K now. Offline gamers don't matter in the least bit.

Their game play "fixes" have done nothing all year but make the game pretty much awful for offline players.

I've bought every 2k since the original for dreamcast. They sucker offline players in every year with great game play out of the gate, then a month or so later they make the game how they really want, for the online crowd. This game is an absolute mess from where it was at release.

I'm gonna take all the hype and announcements for 2k17 with a grain of salt, we're going to just repeat this same process next year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 95 YungGun @ 05/03/16 10:07 AM
Xbox users have to wait once again tho...

# 96 Hustle Westbrook @ 05/03/16 10:08 AM
Lol cheesers are pathetic. They're crying and threatening to not buy 2K17 because they can't use an exploit anymore? Good riddance, go play the other game.

# 97 tb0622 @ 05/03/16 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
The dribble moves make perfect sense. I can still break down defenders and blow by people by playing the angles instead of doing random moves with no purpose.
Exactly!

For people who actually understand the game of basketball, dribble moves are more effective when you use them properly.

# 98 tb0622 @ 05/03/16 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Thats what actual basketball speed looks like, not 0-100% in an instant all the time
The only people complaining are the ones who prefer "arcade" style basketball. I haven't had a chance to check out the game post-patch, but if the game is more "sim" style basketball, I'm going to love the new path.

# 99 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 05/03/16 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloKids
So what are these updated player portraits?
Lol I guess no one lol

# 100 The 24th Letter @ 05/03/16 10:32 AM
I really don't get the complaints...it fixed an exploit, it didn't take away bursts of speed alltogether.....this is a bad thing? Game feels a lot better online and offline imo

I mean, at least play first....everyone has a 'Bah 2k' speech prepared without even experiencing the changes....if you aren't feeling it after that, then that's fair....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.