Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 is scheduled to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on August 23. EA Sports and ESPN will announce the cover athlete on May 12 at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter (no cover vote this year). Along with the cover athlete announcement, they also plan to show off the first gameplay trailer from the game.

Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS Football Franchise Warms up for Its Return to the Gridiron

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced that the Madden NFL 17 cover athlete will be revealed Thurs, May 12 live during the 6pm ET/3pm PT edition of ESPN SportsCenter. Fans can tune-in to check out which NFL phenom has earned cover honors this year, and also get their first look at an all-new gameplay trailer.

EA Access* members can try Madden NFL 17 before it’s released for a limited time as part of a Play First Trial, only on Xbox One.

Madden NFL 17 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 on August 23. To learn more about Madden NFL 17, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

All player participation has been facilitated by NFL Players Inc., the licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association (NFLPA).

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 Junior Moe @ 05/11/16 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This. I'm glad Rex and other devs are active on Twitter but you have to remember is another form of marketing so take it with a grain of salt. Would you expect a sizzle/release trailer to say something like "minimal improvements from last years release" or "no new content but newer fresher menus"? I'm not saying the game will have no improvements but what is a dev supposed to say when asked a question on Twitter like the one posted "you'll be bored don't buy this one"

Again I'm not bashing the game it just seems like there are people in here who argue that everything a dev says on Twitter is gospel, these things must be taken with a grain of salt.
You do have to take what they say with a grain of salt. However, I have seen devs outright ignore questions leading up to release. Then, sure enough, I see why. There was nothing there for them to fluff. So instead of saying (or confirming) that X hasnt improved much they say nothing and do no harm. So I take acknowledging the question as a sign of confidence. Especially when they guy says he expects major improvement to warrant a purchase. Well find out soon enough, though.

# 162 Junior Moe @ 05/11/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Picture this. Thursday comes. Sportscenter is on. They're telling you what a storied franchise the Madden video game is while standing in front of an enlarged cover telling you how this cover is like nothing you've ever seen before. For the first time ever the cover guy is someone who has never even appeared in a Madden game before and then the current drops and it's....

Spoiler
Lol. That would be awesome!

# 163 howboutdat @ 05/11/16 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm in the same boat as him. They need to come up big this year in CFM. I go back and read their deep dive about CFM's new features last year and it is just laughable. And when I mean come up big I don't mean something like new daily goals where our players get 100 XP for eating an orange before practice. I don't want to be overly negative because I like the gameplay and I'm willing to see what happens first and give them a chance but if deep dive time comes around and I'm reading about new goal mechanics, score tickers, and draft presentation I just might lose my mind.
That will be the real test.As ive stated before ,one mark im looking at, will they finish what they started with the watch list and give us a real draft board ( had it in madden 10) or will they just leave it half done and thats it. If so , thats a failure to me .

As well, the "what" of which they add to CFM is the big key, ive done like you recently too , looked back at the deep dive from last year for CFM( when they supposedly put more resources into cfm than ever) and just look at it, not much was really added that community had asked for.

Some of which still wasnt even fixed right like regression still is too much for some positions. The members list was a joke to me as a commish.Because it says "New Members panels allow players to quickly interact with fellow league members in a Cloud Franchise. You can see their game status and whether they’re online." but the truth is is was never 100% right. Found this out in first couple of drafts, we skipped some people who that list said was not online , when they were actually looking at who to pick when i skipped them.

Im still curious why the heck you have to pause the free practice( we did ask for) just to change the play? What is so wrong with the playcalling screen like in a normal game? Would it have been that hard to use so we can just either pick same play or pick a dif play without having to pause everytime? i gave up using free practice because of that , just waste too much time for me.Free practice could be so , so ,so much more. Practice situations like 2 min drill and many others, without getting xp.Imagine it.Hope to see that this year.Once again, another marker im looking for. Dont lay a foundation and then let it just sit there without the house being built on top of it next year.

I am hoping for the best, but preparing to be let down. Only because its what happens so often. Here is to hoping in june we find out good news for once and its not a let down!

# 164 SageInfinite @ 05/11/16 01:21 PM
Regardless of what the game turns out to be, this is still my favorite time of the year. I will never get tired of the speculation and the discussions had on this forum.

# 165 roadman @ 05/11/16 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Here is to hoping in june we find out good news for once and its not a let down!
Might find out a nugget tomorrow night.

I've heard the trailer is short and there will be the cover person.

Not sure how much more info will be released.

# 166 SageInfinite @ 05/11/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

That's a little disappointing. Thought we would get more of a trailer than a teaser. Oh well, it's better than nothing.

# 167 Dwaresacksqb @ 05/11/16 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's a little disappointing. Thought we would get more of a trailer than a teaser. Oh well, it's better than nothing.
Yeah, August is fast approaching though. I would expect them to release info slowly to try and capture some hype. If we get more than that though, I'll be thrilled.

# 168 roadman @ 05/11/16 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Agree on that, but I wasn't expecting info until around EA Play time, so, I'll take this and more later until the game goes gold.

# 169 howboutdat @ 05/11/16 01:51 PM
Quote:

Yeah thats what i expected and what we got about this time last year actually.As a matter of fact , it came out on May 13th last year, so we getting it a day earlier if one wants to count that as earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Oc9sxa6M0

That is about all i expect to see tomorrow, very short, very quick clips, that bounce change quickly and not a minute long.

However, im hoping that they wil ldo their deep dive before Eplay/E3 this year , like they did last year. https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/.../madden-16-cfm was published on May 28th,while not much sooner , still be glad if they came out with it before Eplay.

# 170 SolidSquid @ 05/11/16 02:31 PM
Quote:
Just pointing out that a person can add the math starting with Rex's interview after 16 came out, the cover of Madden yesterday with the caption "Franchise Mode started in 1999 and the affirmations concerning customers concerns or reservations.

That's half of it, the other half, like you mention, is how well it's implemented in late August.

Hope for the best.

SS- Not saying it's gospel, but confirming a customers request is(plus other evidence), shall we say, fairly positive from one of the lead Developers that CFM will be improved. I really don't think that is a stretch, wouldn't you agree?
Absolutely agree, even though you were the one who originally posted it in wasn't specifically referring to you you're one of the posters i really like to have level headed discussions with on here.

# 171 BreakingBad2013 @ 05/11/16 02:34 PM
I don't think there's any coach that retired or has made such a huge footprint that they'll be on the cover.

I could see it being Peyton Manning - but why would they build it up?

Maybe it's the Panther's team doing the dab.

Maybe it's Jared Goff - to hype the LA fan base and NFL pushes it HARD.

# 172 cthurt @ 05/11/16 03:07 PM
Seeing that people are saying it will be a short clip I'm calling for Cam Newton on the cover and a clip of him scoring and Dabbing in the end zone.

# 173 Armor and Sword @ 05/11/16 03:15 PM
Antonio Brown would be my pick. Best player in the game today.

The poster child for hard work and heart.

Love that guy.

# 174 howboutdat @ 05/11/16 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Seeing that people are saying it will be a short clip I'm calling for Cam Newton on the cover and a clip of him scoring and Dabbing in the end zone.
I think i would puke if they put him on the cover ,especially "dabbing".Dude is a poor sport. I got no love for that. Talk all that smack all year about " if you dont like me dancing then stop me" then when someone does he goes and crys in the corner .Id like to think the NFL doesn't want a posterchild like that, but then again, maybe they do.

# 175 Dwaresacksqb @ 05/11/16 03:49 PM
Quote:
I think i would puke if they put him on the cover ,especially "dabbing".Dude is a poor sport. I got no love for that. Talk all that smack all year about " if you dont like me dancing then stop me" then when someone does he goes and crys in the corner .Id like to think the NFL doesn't want a posterchild like that, but then again, maybe they do.
Maybe the real reason there's no cover vote is because EA does want Cam on the cover. With so many people who don't like him for said reasons, including myself, they didn't want to leave it in the hands of the people.

If he ends up on the cover, theory confirmed!

# 176 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/16 03:52 PM
Quote:
I really hope your right JP.But again, after saying last year they put more into CFM than ever... didnt add much to it and it came out a hot broken mess, so much so the head of CFM had to suggest to us not to start our leagues for a while.

One thing i hate most is seeing some weird stuff added no one is asking for while leaving out things the community is asking for. Because when i see it, i think, you tell me you have this short dev time, why are you wasting on things people who are buying your game are not asking for but not putting in more of what we are asking for. I get the short time to make something new.I dont get spending that valuable time on things we dont want.

Take that "waiting list" for example,they claimed they added that around may of last year after they heard the community really wanted a draft board. Now , knowing we want a customizable draft board, and saying they heard us, this year if im going to look at what they did and say its a success, they need to finish what they started there. The watch list is not enough.They have the foundation in a short time, this year it should come to full fruition. Those are the type of things i look at. I dont start a project and just let it go half done and not finish it.I expect the same from others.

They put a lot into CFM but it wasn't fully developed yet, I expect a MUCH improved CFM, all I can say. Sometimes investments aren't seen until a year or so later, something to keep in mind for all aspects of the game.

# 177 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/16 04:01 PM
QJB just tweeted this, I believe the hype is reaching new levels right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 178 SolidSquid @ 05/11/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Maybe the real reason there's no cover vote is because EA does want Cam on the cover. With so many people who don't like him for said reasons, including myself, they didn't want to leave it in the hands of the people.

If he ends up on the cover, theory confirmed!
I just have a hard time believing they will put him on the cover especially after the Super Bowl loss. He didn't play very well at all my guess is Von Miller

# 179 SolidSquid @ 05/11/16 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
QJB just tweeted this, I believe the hype is reaching new levels right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't he a game changer?

# 180 brandon27 @ 05/11/16 04:12 PM
Reading some comments in here and reading between the lines on some of the stuff on twitter, I wonder if the cover is going to be a coach, or a hall of fame coach or GM/team builder and if CFM is really a huge focus this year. It might make sense to do that type of cover if that was the case. Didn't the last Head Coach game have Dungy on the cover or something?

That takes me to... if they could ever just implement the whole idea behind Head Coach, into CFM... we'd be rockin.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.