Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Steph Curry had a heck of a night last night.

Not only did he score the most points in an OT effort ever (17), but he also single handedly took a playoff game over and delivered a big W for Golden State -- putting the Warriors up three games to one and certainly clinching their ticket onwards.

Quote:
"Perhaps the best way summarize Curry's performance on Monday is with this stat: Curry missed his first nine 3-pointers and later scored 17 points in overtime -- an NBA record."

Curry can catch fire like few players in the history of the game, and when he does -- it almost seems like he may actually encapsulate what it may look like to see a player with skills beyond what we typically see.

With that in mind, are Curry's attributes (especially his offensive attributes) properly captured in NBA 2K16? Do you think that Curry should be considered for something higher than a 99 overall rating?

Sound off in the comments!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BA2929 @ 05/13/16 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
That might be a bot man... More and more everyday smh
Yea, you're right. I didn't even look at the name when I responded.

Someone probably said that though, so my point still stands, I suppose. Even if I replied to a computer lol

# 142 jeebs9 @ 05/13/16 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Yea, you're right. I didn't even look at the name when I responded.

Someone probably said that though, so my point still stands, I suppose. Even if I replied to a computer lol
Don't worry its been happening to me a lot lately. Just the other day I replied to a bot. But said "I know your a bot. But I'm going to answer your question" Hahaha Like I said it's pretty damn good bot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 143 MoneyOvaHuds @ 05/15/16 11:54 AM
This is the stuff curry does on defense https://twitter.com/ten000hours/stat...78774493249536

He's also a smart team defender

He's just solid no liability, of course certain matchups he will be outmatched but that can be said about anyone

# 144 LO6IX @ 05/15/16 12:35 PM
He's rated pretty accurately. Best shooter in the game, great finishing, good defence, good rebounding, passing is a little overrated. Only prime MJ and Miami Heat LeBron should have 98-99 ratings imo.

# 145 E The Rhymer @ 05/15/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
He's rated pretty accurately. Best shooter in the game, great finishing, good defence, good rebounding, passing is a little overrated. Only prime MJ and Miami Heat LeBron should have 98-99 ratings imo.

No Kobe? No Wilt? No Kareem?

# 146 LO6IX @ 05/15/16 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
No Kobe? No Wilt? No Kareem?
LeBron and MJ are better and more complete players imo.

# 147 jfsolo @ 05/15/16 03:12 PM
The best OV that I would give any player in any season that we've seen so far is probably a 95. IMO, to be rated higher than that a player would need to be in the top ten in basically every statistical measurement on both offense and defense in the league for that year. To get a 99 you would need to be in the top three.

Great for your position or size, isn't a compelling argument.

# 148 E The Rhymer @ 05/15/16 10:04 PM
Quote:
LeBron and MJ are better and more complete players imo.

Kobe and Kareem aren't complete players to you?

# 149 Gosens6 @ 05/15/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
I'm assuming he's going to go with the ol passing and defense, defense

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 150 Mbunn1993 @ 05/15/16 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm assuming he's going to go with the ol passing and defense, defense

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Anyone who says Kobe wasn't a great defender or passer doesn't know what they're talking about. The dude only made like 12 all NBA defensive teams, 9 of them first team. And averaged 4.7 APG for his career, a whopping .6 less then MJ

# 151 LO6IX @ 05/16/16 12:11 AM
Quote:
LeBron and MJ are MORE complete players imo. They're better athletes as well which goes towards overall rating.

LeBron in Miami could shoot from the perimeter, finish at the rim,post up, rebound, had (and still has) elite court vision and passing ability, he was a great perimeter defender, post defender, and help defender. Athletically he had strength, speed, leaping ability, explosion, and durability.

I don't think I need an explanation for MJ.

Yes Kobe and Kareem were complete players but once again I believe LeBron and MJ are MORE complete and their games justify 98-99 overall.

# 152 SpeedyClaxton @ 05/16/16 09:44 AM
Quote:
Athletically he had strength, speed, leaping ability, explosion, and durability.
Kobe in his prime was athletic and had leaping ability like few of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiHvMuYJ44
Right here on this dunk you can see flashes of MJ and how he copied his movement and especially in-air.

# 153 slimdagreat @ 05/16/16 11:29 AM
I always looked at the ratings as a comparative tool. The 99 rating means you are the best in that category in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 154 Mauer4MVP @ 05/16/16 12:00 PM
99 doesn't mean a complete player to me. For instance, Tom Brady should be a 99 in Madden. Does that mean he's a complete QB with mobile ability?

Barry Bonds should be considered a 99 during his historic Giants years. Was he a good defender? Not when he ballooned.

# 155 SpeedyClaxton @ 05/16/16 12:30 PM
It just don't make logical sense because let's say game have 30 attributes for each player. So player X would need to have at least 75% of those ratings at 99 to be 99 OVR.

I can't really see a player that can be top rebounder, 3 point shooter, midrange, shooter, defender plus athletic and all that in one player, such player doesn't exist. As soon as player X have one flaw in his game he automatically can't be 99.

2K needs more strict ratings especially when it comes to OVR and better rating system for all attributes.

I'd say like this
40-55 for benchwarmers
55-65 for weaker role players
65-70 for average role players
70-75 for very productive role players (ala Crawford, Iggy and such)
75-85 for all star caliber players
85-90 for superstar players

I just can't see players above 95..doesn't make sense from sim perspective at all.

# 156 GradyMac @ 05/16/16 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Such a dumb post.

No please, let's not use context when analyzing stats. Anything but that!

I said he was third among point guards in RPG. The position you play is extremely relevant to how good you are in a facet of basketball. Dear Lord. I shouldn't even need type that out.
It isn't "context" it is "qualifying."

You can't give Curry a high rebounding rating because he is a good rebounder for his size. You have to compare him to ALL players without qualification.

# 157 Mauer4MVP @ 05/16/16 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
It isn't "context" it is "qualifying."

You can't give Curry a high rebounding rating because he is a good rebounder for his size. You have to compare him to ALL players without qualification.

No it is context. I never said give him a high rebounding so you're putting words in my mouth.

All I was stating is that for the point guard position and his size, he's actually a good rebounder.

Perfect example, do you think people would say Wiggins is such an awful defender if he were 6'1 and played pg instead of having insane athleticism, good height, and playing SF? No.

You're putting words into my posts that just aren't there. Do I think he should have a solid rebounding rating? Yes, but not a great one. We were past the point of discussing ratings a long time ago. We were discussing Curry's perceived lack of being well-rounded.

# 158 Mauer4MVP @ 05/16/16 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
It just don't make logical sense because let's say game have 30 attributes for each player. So player X would need to have at least 75% of those ratings at 99 to be 99 OVR.

I can't really see a player that can be top rebounder, 3 point shooter, midrange, shooter, defender plus athletic and all that in one player, such player doesn't exist. As soon as player X have one flaw in his game he automatically can't be 99.

2K needs more strict ratings especially when it comes to OVR and better rating system for all attributes.

I'd say like this
40-55 for benchwarmers
55-65 for weaker role players
65-70 for average role players
70-75 for very productive role players (ala Crawford, Iggy and such)
75-85 for all star caliber players
85-90 for superstar players

I just can't see players above 95..doesn't make sense from sim perspective at all.
Those are just numbers. What is truly is important is the value 2k actually gives to those ratings (e.g. does 99 3pt mean Curry makes 99% of his threes? And what is the difference between 99 and 90?).

If that makes sense.

# 159 GradyMac @ 05/17/16 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
No it is context. I never said give him a high rebounding so you're putting words in my mouth.

All I was stating is that for the point guard position and his size, he's actually a good rebounder.

Perfect example, do you think people would say Wiggins is such an awful defender if he were 6'1 and played pg instead of having insane athleticism, good height, and playing SF? No.

You're putting words into my posts that just aren't there. Do I think he should have a solid rebounding rating? Yes, but not a great one. We were past the point of discussing ratings a long time ago. We were discussing Curry's perceived lack of being well-rounded.
Curry is not a good rebounder; unless you qualify it, period.

"Well rounded?" so you are in a "should curry be higher than a 99" thread arguing that the TWO time MVP is "well rounded." God what a waste of time.

I am done.

# 160 GisherJohn24 @ 05/17/16 03:05 PM
They should do overall defense and offense separate. Because of Currys shooting, he should be about a 110 rating for offense and a 85-90 for defense.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.