Home
NBA Live 17 News Post

We haven't heard much from EA as to what to expect from NBA Live this upcoming season and it seems that was for a good reason. EA, in their quarterly results report this afternoon, had NBA Live slated as a title which won't be arriving until 2017, or Q4 in their fiscal calendar.

It appears that EA is probably giving live an extra 4-6 months of development time (and a different release window) to try to stir up interest and improve the franchise's quality.

Live's recent reboot attempt hasn't been very successful, with sales lagging and quality only just in this last edition beginning to appreciably improve. For the series to be competitive, it appears EA has decided that will mean extra development time and a different window for release.

The release of NBA Live in 2017 will probably coincide with either the start of next year's playoffs or the All-Star game. It's doubtful you'll see it before the latter event for sure.

What do you think of the news? Is this going to be a good thing for NBA Live or is it a desperate last ditch effort in your mind?

Game: NBA Live 17Hype Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 05/10/16 05:16 PM
I think this is a good thing. Extra development time will only help.

And just a warning here, do not make this a thread to bash Live.

# 2 Dazraz @ 05/10/16 05:40 PM
The problem for me is EA don't make games like NBA 2K. EA tend to aim at a broader audience offering more pick up & play features as opposed to the depth & presentation of titles such as NBA 2K. Unless EA change their approach they're never going to be competitive in this franchise. EA have a great deal of market power which as enabled them to secure a number of exclusive licenses but when it comes to a license they are forced to compete with they are often 2nd best.

# 3 bigeastbumrush @ 05/10/16 06:59 PM

# 4 Badasi12b @ 05/10/16 09:57 PM
It's sad because 2k is not that good! 2k16 was unplayable for me! I HAD NO CHOICE but to sell it! If you're not consistently online you could not save your game! I don't understand how this is so overlooked. That game was a demo without online.

# 5 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/10/16 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasi12b
It's sad because 2k is not that good! 2k16 was unplayable for me! I HAD NO CHOICE but to sell it! If you're not consistently online you could not save your game! I don't understand how this is so overlooked. That game was a demo without online.

I will kinda agree with you, I loved LIVE this year, 2k16 was quite overrated IMO. LIVE was much more fun to play IMO.

# 6 The 24th Letter @ 05/11/16 12:40 AM
When Live starts showing interest in its product, others will....until then, history will repeat itself

# 7 Rell7thirty @ 05/11/16 12:49 AM
I tried giving live a chance. Like many others, it was my go to basketball game. Even when 2k came out, there were a good 2 or 3 years with live still.

From non signature moves and jumpers, to the unrealistic sounding commentating (sucks because Breen and Gundy are my favorite duo irl) and gameplay that feels outdated and frustrating.

Then the graphics. Man. It's not fair to compare, or is it? But damn their players look nothing like they're supposed to.

Here's hoping EA fixes this franchise.

# 8 badazzleroybrown @ 05/11/16 12:52 AM
this saddens me another year with no pc sports games
I think it is time they re entered the game.

i was looking thru there list and it does not seem like they have many games anymore
it is almost like they are a shell of themself from the past

# 9 Mintsa @ 05/11/16 03:14 AM
Ok. It's coming out later......but will anyone care to buy a new basketball game at the Allstar break or the start of next playoffs (which I think is crazy) ?

Other than a few die hards on here, probably not......

Extra time won't swing this thing.....

Again I'll say this "they need to put madden/FIFA money" into this thing in order to make it work.

This whole "farm team, lower budget, underdog" approach is/ has not worked. This is an easports game, time to invest and treat it like one.

# 10 tedus @ 05/11/16 06:11 AM
I think NBA Live is dead unofficially. The launch date in early 2017 is not a good sight. It's probably cancelled again!! (See previous cases!!)

In NBA Live series, I think EA Sports did not take serious to basketball game.
They were not willing to put much money or man power to NBA live just like FIFA or Madden.

Did EA Sport really know how many people in 2K to develop the basketball game?

R.I.P NBA Live Series!!

# 11 DMT1133 @ 05/11/16 10:08 AM
https://disqus.com/reset/?uid=78278719&tkn=Ckar9dfVegte4TXZQDFMEnFajDwhbsxF

# 12 Man2ManD @ 05/11/16 10:49 AM
No PC...

I don't get why is it so hard to release sports games on PC.

# 13 coolcras7 @ 05/12/16 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man2ManD
No PC...

I don't get why is it so hard to release sports games on PC.
easy there is no money for them with PC, plus a lot of people just get an illegal copy.

# 14 GisherJohn24 @ 05/12/16 07:22 PM
They need to go all out. More developers is a must . I'm willing to wait for a better product.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

# 15 TarHeelPhenom @ 05/16/16 07:44 PM
I don't think it's a good idea because by the time they drop this game, most will be immersed in 2k17 or readying themselves for MLB The Show 17...or some other title. And if they try to sell it for $60 in Februuary-March...their sales will be worst than this year. Sad to say but it may be the final nail in Tue coffin.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.