Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 will feature a renewed focus on Franchise mode, all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.

As seen on the Xbox site, Rob Gronkowski appears to be the cover athlete, however that might be a placeholder. The first screenshots revealed are with him, Antonio Brown and Von Miller. Could we see all 3 on the cover or multiple covers? We will know for sure today at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.

Quote:
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 with a renewed focus on Franchise mode, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run. Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system. Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden … ever.

Below are some more details on the various Madden NFL 17 bundles:

Madden NFL 17 Standard Edition ($59.99)
Pre-order your copy today and receive a 1 month EA Access Trial as well as bonus content including nine Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to seven Madden NFL Ultimate Team Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 10 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 30 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 michapop9 @ 05/12/16 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
Actually the stiff arm worked really good a couple Madden backs I think in 12??? It just been past couple that EA said they toned it down.

But I agree they need to fix it now if u press or tap the stiff arm the player doesn't even extend their arms out.

Part of the problem is they dont give us straightforward tools to tone features down or jack them up to our liking, my tastes are usually not EA's and were stuck with theirs without a solution most times.

# 62 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/16 10:59 AM
I'm not going to get excited about this yet. I still want to hear what they have improved in Franchise mode. Also it looks at least for right now that the only new equipment they added were gloves.

# 63 BlackJack_Williams @ 05/12/16 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
They look like sound guys to me with their equipment pointed towards the crowd noise?

Not sure.
That's what I see too. Madden 16 had improved sideline/endzone interactions so I would hope that they wouldn't regress.
--------------------------------
I'm excited to hear more about the improved A.I. and more franchise information. M16 was the first Madden that I've boughten since 2011 and I was pleased with the game. I am optimistic about what's to come.

# 64 mestevo @ 05/12/16 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I hope the reference to Franchise mode means CFM is gone and things like formation subs and total editing control of a franchise returns.
Hoping for the addition of that stuff to the existing modes, rather than time having to be spent rebuilding stuff we already had. Really like the structure of CFM at the moment, just needs to be built out further.

# 65 Armor and Sword @ 05/12/16 11:09 AM
Anyone who loved Madden 16 must be pumped for Madden 17.

Simple as that.

As long as visual cues can be turned off (like they always are) I am good to go. Clean screen for me only. Defensive camera to play defense, improved franchise mode, better AI.

Give me Madden 16 with better AI and a fully functional franchise mode and I am good to go.

Not much to ask.

# 66 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/16 11:10 AM
Aren't we supposed to get a gameplay trailer today?

# 67 michapop9 @ 05/12/16 11:10 AM
I actually really like Cfm, we just need full editing capability, and more features and control. Dont start over, just give us more options that allow the user to tailor it to their liking.

# 68 roadman @ 05/12/16 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
SportsCenter- 5PM CDT

# 69 jmurphy31 @ 05/12/16 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
My guess it will be more of a hype trailer...with short replays of people cutting (new run addition) and defensive hits. Similar to last year not actual people playing..

# 70 howboutdat @ 05/12/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I been waiting for the stiff arm to work in madden for TWENTY YEARS!!! Lol. Or, whenever they first implemented it. Of course, it shouldn't work every time, but legit, if I like stiff arming fools and I spend my xp on stiff arm, my 95 stiff arm RB should absolutely lay out a 5'10 190 lb CB. U know? Lol. U ever play NFL game day back in the day? Now, THAT was a stiff arm! I remember the sound effect, 'jeBOW!!' Lol. That was a little arcadey, of course, and I don't want that, either, but it was so rewarding to set your RB up at the right angle on an incoming defender and 'jeBOW!!' In madden, it has ALWAYS felt like the stiff arm starts to trigger the animation, and then u still get tackled. U rarely actually break the tackle. So, I'm def curious as to how well this is implemented, as I used to be a big fan of running the ball, but when jukes and stiff arms and trucks never work, it just feels so empty.
My issue with stiff arm is, even with a 99 stiff arm power back, most of the time i try it, my guy fumbles. So i just quite even trying to use it.

# 71 mestevo @ 05/12/16 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
My guess it will be more of a hype trailer...with short replays of people cutting (new run addition) and defensive hits. Similar to last year not actual people playing..
Yeah, no reason to expect much else until any webcasts/E3/blogs.

# 72 LovejoyOTF @ 05/12/16 11:20 AM
even then, EA don't have a booth at E3.

# 73 roadman @ 05/12/16 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
even then, EA don't have a booth at E3.
They don't need one, they have EA Play same time, same city, I think it's in LA.

# 74 howboutdat @ 05/12/16 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR924
I normally don't nic pic much, but I notice the side line characters are looking in the opposite direction in the Pitt and Broncos screen shot. Little things like this just takes away realistic look of the environment.
Ok, so this is on this topic. I have to share this , because i caught this one guy ,during one of the biggest plays in this game in our cfm i was playing in, daydreaming like a mofo with his back to the field.

# 75 howboutdat @ 05/12/16 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR924
I normally don't nic pic much, but I notice the side line characters are looking in the opposite direction in the Pitt and Broncos screen shot. Little things like this just takes away realistic look of the environment.
Ok, so this is on this topic. I have to share this , because i caught this one guy ,during one of the biggest plays in this game in our cfm i was playing in, daydreaming like a mofo with his back to the field.

By far the funniest thing i have saw in madden 16 for myself.However not for #83 as he was released the next day by Vikings Management.

# 76 reverend_heat @ 05/12/16 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron

No mouthpieces AGAIN, and the Broncos pants (and I assume the 49ers and several other teams that have the problem) still, STILL, have that stripe issue where half is cut off on the side at the top.

Not a good starting sign.
Yeah, it's so frustrating seeing other games frequently updating player equipment changes throughout a given season, while NFL fans can't get a game that even displays the proper equipment period. I just wish there was a little transparency from the devs on why we have to keep begging for these things year after year, after year, after year to nothing but crickets. You mean to tell me you can't figure out a way to slide a band up the arm a little bit? Or remodel each facemask with the mouthguard already onto it so we have an editing option of each mask with or without the mouthpiece? It doesn't need to connect to the facescan, even if it gaps a bit it would make such a huge difference in player likeness, which Madden lags behind in a big, big way.

# 77 roadman @ 05/12/16 11:41 AM
Can't they add other equipment later in the cycle?

2 screenshots and that's it, were are doomed?

Actually, the developers on Twitter have been hinting around lately about equipment upgrades.

Too soon to tell anything at this moment, including the trailer tonight.

Marketing releases improvements in increments, based on past history.

# 78 jb12780 @ 05/12/16 11:42 AM
Game comes out in August. 3 months away.

Lots of complaining and overreacting based off of a sole screenshot.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 79 clarkerots @ 05/12/16 11:44 AM
The problem with Madden is that they've been catering too long towards the people who "want mouth guards and strips on the wristbands", and not enough towards the people who want realistic completion percentages and solid defensive AI.

# 80 jeremym480 @ 05/12/16 11:47 AM
I'd much rather hear more about this renewed focus on Franchise Mode than see a trailer at this point. However, I know marketing is a process and hype videos always get things started.

I'm really looking for two things this year one for offline and one for online. For offline I want full editing back and for online games I want save points at the end of each quarter. If I can't at least get one of those I don't know if I can get hyped not matter what else they do.

I am interested in hearing about the defensive AI system though. Hopefully, they upgraded the AI's play calling and time management logic on offense, as well. I'd be trilled to see the CPU use their entire playbook and to not do boneheaded things like letting the time run out at the end of games even when the have timeouts. With all of that said I'm ready to embrace the process, let's get this train rolling.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.