Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 will feature a renewed focus on Franchise mode, all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.

As seen on the Xbox site, Rob Gronkowski appears to be the cover athlete, however that might be a placeholder. The first screenshots revealed are with him, Antonio Brown and Von Miller. Could we see all 3 on the cover or multiple covers? We will know for sure today at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.

Quote:
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 with a renewed focus on Franchise mode, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run. Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system. Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden … ever.

Below are some more details on the various Madden NFL 17 bundles:

Madden NFL 17 Standard Edition ($59.99)
Pre-order your copy today and receive a 1 month EA Access Trial as well as bonus content including nine Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to seven Madden NFL Ultimate Team Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 10 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 30 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 jb12780 @ 05/12/16 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I knew that post was coming. Happens every year.

Well, the game is basically done now, not much more can be done to it, so no point was made there.

And the "whining" is based off of 11 years of the same stuff which gives us plenty of reason to "whine" with perfect justification. Let's be real here.
The game is not "basically done." Plenty of changes can happen in 3 months.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 82 Steve_OS @ 05/12/16 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
and JP just posted on twitter, Gronk is confirmed NOT the cover boy

https://twitter.com/jpdavis1982/stat...35781623431168
Actually, they just mentioned that specifically wasn't the cover, not that he isn't the cover athlete.

# 83 roadman @ 05/12/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
I knew that post was coming. Happens every year.

Well, the game is basically done now, not much more can be done to it, so no point was made there.

And the "whining" is based off of 11 years of the same stuff which gives us plenty of reason to "whine" with perfect justification. Let's be real here.
And can we ask the same on your end?

Wait for all evidence to be shown before it's one and done.

# 84 jeremym480 @ 05/12/16 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
well, graphics/accuracy/equipment/player authenticity wise AB still doesn't have the mid-forearm band where it should be or the mouthguard. nitpicking yes, disappointed yes.

Here's the thing with equipment... Players don't always wear the same things.
Here's Brown against the Bengals in the playoffs last year and... No Armband.

I guess EA got it right then?

# 85 reverend_heat @ 05/12/16 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Can't they add other equipment later in the cycle?

2 screenshots and that's it, were are doomed?

Actually, the developers on Twitter have been hinting around lately about equipment upgrades.

Too soon to tell anything at this moment, including the trailer tonight.

Marketing releases improvements in increments, based on past history.
You just said it, past history. Out of curiosity, what makes you think after more than ten years of asking for these things and the devs never responding that 17 is the year it's going to magically happen. If 17 comes out and they have fixed these nagging issues I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but you and I both know it ain't happenin.

# 86 roadman @ 05/12/16 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
You just said it, past history. Out of curiosity, what makes you think after more than ten years of asking for these things and the devs never responding that 17 is the year it's going to magically happen. If 17 comes out and they have fixed these nagging issues I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but you and I both know it ain't happenin.
So, the hints they gave out recently on Twitter = they are lying?

I'll wait before going on past history, history can change, too.

# 87 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Can't they add other equipment later in the cycle?

2 screenshots and that's it, were are doomed?

Actually, the developers on Twitter have been hinting around lately about equipment upgrades.

Too soon to tell anything at this moment, including the trailer tonight.

Marketing releases improvements in increments, based on past history.
I'm sure they can but I feel like that's the same conversation that's gone on for the last several years where we've seen the old equipment and then play it off on an early build or it might have been something they add later and that never happened year after year. Obviously this year is different because they have actually added things but to what extent it's hard to tell.

And I agree it's too early but usually screenshots (especially ones sent to outlets like these) are pretty indicative of the final product and if you've got the capability to send out a screenshot with a mouthpiece, arm sleeve, and new helmet that has the potential to be a wow shot, I don't know why you would send one out that wasn't a proper representation of the product. I really hope I'm wrong though.

# 88 jb12780 @ 05/12/16 11:58 AM
Quote:
Yeah, that's not true at all. They definitely can't make significant changes at this point, it's too late in the cycle. They're not going to risk the game's stability. Getting a stable game released is their first and only priority now, as it should be.

Secondly, to make sure the game passes internal and external certs, plus go gold, plus get pressed, that's a 60-90 day lead time give or take. It's not like they work on it up to the week it ships to your hands. It doesn't work like that.

So again, yeah, it's basically done. They can make a big patch later, but usually by the time you start seeing videos and pics with Madden, what you see is what you get. I'd think after all these years we would've all picked up on this by now.
The Show developers were making changes about a week or two before launch.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 89 roadman @ 05/12/16 11:59 AM
Quote:
We do this every year and it usually turns out the same way. Why pretend otherwise?

It's not about "one and done". I think it's perfectly reasonable to comment on what they release, which is all that's happening. If they've done more than those shots show they have, cool, but the burden is on them to prove it, not us.
So, you agree that ALL the evidence isn't in, yet.

# 90 roadman @ 05/12/16 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm sure they can but I feel like that's the same conversation that's gone on for the last several years where we've seen the old equipment and then play it off on an early build or it might have been something they add later and that never happened year after year. Obviously this year is different because they have actually added things but to what extent it's hard to tell.

And I agree it's too early but usually screenshots (especially ones sent to outlets like these) are pretty indicative of the final product and if you've got the capability to send out a screenshot with a mouthpiece, arm sleeve, and new helmet that has the potential to be a wow shot, I don't know why you would send one out that wasn't a proper representation of the product. I really hope I'm wrong though.
I'm basing my speculation on the recent Twitter info from the developers, not just past history.

# 91 reverend_heat @ 05/12/16 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Here's the thing with equipment... Players don't always wear the same things.
Here's Brown against the Bengals in the playoffs last year and... No Armband.

I guess EA got it right then?
No actually they didn't, here is a pic from same game.

Antonio Brown last game played w mouthguard and band. Look, I feel stupid complaining about these things, a lot of people couldn't care less about equipment player likeness. But enough is enough, you guys know damn well the tweets about equipment are more than likely glove and shoe updates. Facemask, mouthpiece, a myriad of helmets, and armbands etc arent gonna get touched. Again, I would love to be wrong and I hope I am, I'm still excited for the trailer tonight, just years of hoping for this stuff ending in disappointment has jaded me a bit I guess.

# 92 reverend_heat @ 05/12/16 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
The problem with Madden is that they've been catering too long towards the people who "want mouth guards and strips on the wristbands", and not enough towards the people who want realistic completion percentages and solid defensive AI.
LOL! catering to the people who want mouthguards and wristbands? When exactly? Unless by catering to you mean completely ignore for more than a decade, then you are spot on.

# 93 CM Hooe @ 05/12/16 12:11 PM
Quote:
You're misunderstanding the point though. Any changes they made a week or two before launch showed up in the game as a PATCH (not on the disc), which is what I just mentioned in the previous post. They can't make a change to the pressed game itself because by the time release is that close the game is finished, closed, and pressed.
On the point of what goes on the disc, on gold master, you are absolutely correct.

However, pretty much every AAA game ever has a zero-day patch now. Madden NFL 16 alone got a launch day patch and was updated at least eight more times throughout its cycle. At least three of which substantially added new content to the game beyond typical bug-fix patches. The gold master version of the game is almost never what we end up playing these days, and unless you never hooked up your console to the internet you never played the pure gold master version of Madden this year.

While I absolutely wouldn't expect wholesale AI changes or back-of-the-box game features which fundamentally change the experience to be delivered post-launch, the days of "if it's not on gold master, it's not coming this year", at least for small- and medium-ticket items - especially pure content - are over.

# 94 roadman @ 05/12/16 12:13 PM
Quote:
Hard to say. For all we know, that could be all the evidence we need? After all, it has been plenty of times over the years.

I just think it's reasonable to be concerned after the past 11 seasons. When you release a screenshot like that, it just gives credence to those concerns, that's all.
I understand you can judge a game based on two screenshots, past history and all, but I'm not ready for that, at this point.

I'd like to base my decisions based on more game play and blogs.

# 95 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
I'm basing my speculation on the recent Twitter info from the developers, not just past history.
I hear you and I don't follow what's been said on Twitter in regards to equipment at all but from a search here I found a few tweets that are very open ended. "Equipment will be on point" and "I think you'll like what's in store" obviously hint at new equipment which they've delivered on with these screenshots but they are extremely vague in terms of what or how much was added which is why I'm still skeptical. But either way I'm excited for updated equipment in any form or fashion and like I said before I would absolutely love to be proved wrong tonight with the trailer and moving forward.

# 96 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/12/16 12:18 PM
I believe equipment detail is getting close to a misuse of resources; if I am seeing the above video clip ad still shot of WR Brown, from the same game, correctly, then at one point he is wearing a white wrist band around his forearm and then he isn't in the video...Can't keep up with equipment changes...

Mouth guards, ok, but that is about it, IMO.

# 97 OhMrHanky @ 05/12/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
My issue with stiff arm is, even with a 99 stiff arm power back, most of the time i try it, my guy fumbles. So i just quite even trying to use it.

Lol. Right on. I haven't had that problem. Are u using precision modifier? Because Prec Mod + A = celebration, and therefore u will fumble often. I read that in another thread. And, speaking of Prec mod, I have had issues with that idea from the beginning. I appreciate the idea adding another 'speed' to the back as this does exist in the NFL. I have issues with trucking working better with Prec mod, because for me, I want to MOVING FAST and Truck some fool with my MOMENTUM. By slowing down with Prec Mod, your truck should be less effective. But, if they can tweak Prec mod a little and make it 'feel' better, I can work with it. I tell u what else I do NOT like, and that is the spin move attached to the right thumbstick, man. That ish triggers ALL THE TIME BY ACCIDENT for me. I am trying to juke or double juke, and suddenly, 'WHOOP! Spin move BACKWARDS!!' Lol. I don't think they're going to remove that, but that has been a gaming issue for me since they implemented it.

# 98 reverend_heat @ 05/12/16 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I believe equipment detail is getting close to a misuse of resources; if I am seeing the above video clip ad still shot of WR Brown, from the same game, correctly, then at one point he is wearing a white wrist band around his forearm and then he isn't in the video...Can't keep up with equipment changes...

Mouth guards, ok, but that is about it, IMO.
Antonio Brown is being used as an example because he is in the screenshot, it just speaks to a much bigger issue Madden has in the graphics department. Which is an acute lack of attention to detail pertaining to player likeness. We know the other game that wont be mentioned here that goes above and beyond in this regard every year, and it is widely thought of as the best looking sports game ever made. A big reason is because a lot of the players look exactly like they do in real life, to piggyback that a big reason they look so close is because the devs are obsessive about accurate likenesses, especially in equipment, down to finger bands for Christ's sake. Have you seen the detail in the shoes in that game? A guy like Aaron Rodgers wears the mid forearm band every game without fail, hes stuck with that weird looking elbow band in Madden and for people with an eye for detail it sticks out like a sore thumb. Bottom line, player likeness isn't where it needs to be, all we are asking for is a few small tweaks additions, my feeling is it would go a long way toward helping the game look a lot better.

# 99 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/16 12:27 PM
Quote:
Can you post this Twitter info you're referring to?

All of us want equipment updated but if everyone is fair we all know they haven't addressed it in way too long and each year it's been the same story where people say to wait launch and then it launches with the same garbage equipment.

The gloves are a great sign. Let's hope there's more to follow. Gronk' arm brace also looked tight.

# 100 JayD @ 05/12/16 12:28 PM
FINALLY concentrated on franchise mode! Now let's hope they threw in formation subs while they were at it.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.