Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.06 and content update #3 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 3 new fighters, Cris Cyborg (Women's Bantamweight), Valentina Shevchenko (Women's Bantamweight) and Albert Tumenov (Welterweight).

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.06.
  • Added a third transition for submissive fighter in Back Sitting.
  • Block will not come back up automatically after a missed parry, or a timed out parry.
  • Liver Health Event allows high or low blocking.
  • Addressed issue where spamming transition fakes on the ground would regain stamina.
  • Addressed double stamina tax when opponent sprawls on user's takedown.
  • Addressed an issue where takedown denial stamina penalty was being applied when the user is struck out of a takedown.
  • General AI Improvements.
  • General Referee Improvements.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
In the patch spoilers, you mentioned fixing the issue with the transition bar filling up before the animation started, but that isn't listed on the page you provided. It's still resolved right.
It is. I forgot to have it added to the patch notes in time.

# 22 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
EA UFC 2 Content Update #3 is live for both PS4 and Xbox One. Here are the update notes:

https://www.easports.com/ufc/news/20...ntent-update-3
Good Update OP!

Now we're talking...

# 23 aholbert32 @ 05/12/16 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I'd like to know the specifics of "General AI improvements"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skynet can go more in depth but better AI defense and stamina management. Also some fighters have been edited to fight more like their true selves when it comes to takedowns and submissions.

I'm one fight in but you can definitely tell there is a difference.

# 24 Evil97 @ 05/12/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Awesome!!! Thank you

# 25 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Thank God!

I was looking for that.

# 26 polyduster @ 05/12/16 01:44 PM
Quote:
Skynet can go more in depth but better AI defense and stamina management. Also some fighters have been edited to fight more like their true selves when it comes to takedowns and submissions.

I'm one fight in but you can definitely tell there is a difference.
From your experience, do you still recommend using Hard instead of the Pro difficulty?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 27 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Awesome!!! Thank you
BTW, I'm very interested in feedback on the new back sitting transition.

I predict it may be a bit OP.

I have a very small window to make any tweaks to it, so the sooner the feedback comes the better.

# 28 Boiler569 @ 05/12/16 01:46 PM
Sweet, this live event thing should be interesting! hopefully it's not 100% based on how many fights you can get in lol.....If I go 50-5 but lose out to someone who goes 200-100, that'd suck, for example Should be interesting; wish I were home right now but got a bunch of time still here at work ;( Obviously I'm not working much today tho LOL

EDIT: You get to keep fighting until you get 3 losses; i like this format I think!

"Each victory in the Octagon increases your Event Score, which moves you up the leaderboard. You can continuing fighting and increasing your score until you suffer your third loss. If you think you can get a better record, jump back into the Live Event Competition, reset your score and start fighting again. Your overall record and fight time factors into where you land on the leaderboard. Meaning a spectacular round 1 knockout is more valuable than winning a five-round war."

# 29 aholbert32 @ 05/12/16 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
From your experience, do you still recommend using Hard instead of the Pro difficulty?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I need to play more with the new patch but before the patch I felt Hard was way more realistic and the AI managed its stamina better.

# 30 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
Holy **** you can win tickets for ufc 200?
We're did you see that? In the live events?

# 31 Player2793 @ 05/12/16 01:49 PM
Massively disappointed in no Dunham. I can't even understand the reasoning he is not included, especially given who has been added. Been a staple top LW since 2010 and climbing his way back to the top again.

For me at least, as I'm only casually playing the game, this kinda stinks. I'll wait and see til the next one content update.

# 32 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
BTW, I'm very interested in feedback on the new back sitting transition.

I predict it may be a bit OP.

I have a very small window to make any tweaks to it, so the sooner the feedback comes the better.
How OP do you think? and what is so OP about it now?

# 33 Boiler569 @ 05/12/16 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
I see you top players in las vegas. Thats the only mode i'm gonna play from now on.
lol me too perhaps !! I made it to Vegas for Fight Night time to work for my trip from UFC hahaha

wonder how many people qualify, have you seen? In the Fight Night it was 16 total people who made it (but it was only on Xbox --- I was a PS3 player but made my conversion to Xbox)

# 34 aholbert32 @ 05/12/16 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player2793
Massively disappointed in no Dunham. I can't even understand the reasoning he is not included, especially given who has been added. Been a staple top LW since 2010 and climbing his way back to the top again.

For me at least, as I'm only casually playing the game, this kinda stinks. I'll wait and see til the next one content update.
Cyborg is a all time great womens fighter so she was a no brainer. Before this weekend Tumenov and Schevcenko were one of the few top 15 fighters who werent in the game. The dev team seems focused on making sure all of the top 15 guys are in the game (See Smolka in the last update).

Dunham isnt in the top 15 so thats likely why he hasnt been added. Dont give up hope. We hopefully will have a few more updates and the only top 15 guys who arent in the game are Krylov, Kowalieciwz (SP?)and Ben Nguyen.

# 35 Marginal0 @ 05/12/16 01:57 PM
Thanks for the support, EA!

Curious to what the AI improvements do. What's the deal with this hard > pro discussion? It that really a thing?

The added fighters make sense. All maincard fighters people...

# 36 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
How OP do you think? and what is so OP about it now?
It's pretty fast.

I think it might make it too easy to escape back sitting, especially with the momentum in the other dir on entry.

# 37 Player2793 @ 05/12/16 01:59 PM
Quote:
Cyborg is a all time great womens fighter so she was a no brainer. Before this weekend Tumenov and Schevcenko were one of the few top 15 fighters who werent in the game. The dev team seems focused on making sure all of the top 15 guys are in the game (See Smolka in the last update).

Dunham isnt in the top 15 so thats likely why he hasnt been added. Dont give up hope. We hopefully will have a few more updates and the only top 15 guys who arent in the game are Krylov, Kowalieciwz (SP?)and Ben Nguyen.
He entered the top 15 again with a win over Lauzon. However, my point is not just his ranking, but the seniority he holds over fighters such as Shevchenko and Tumenov. Like I said, he has been a staple top talent, who arguably should have wins over Sherk, Grant and Dos Anjos. Two of the three only getting the nod because they were on home soil.

Surely, seniority should hold some weight. The fact that Laprise and Aubern-Mercier are both in over long standing LWs is a little bit ridiculous, at least to me. At this rate, it feels as if we would see Hall and Lobov before we see Dunham.

EDIT: This isn't meant to hate or to say that updating the roster for other fighters isn't good, but I've started to enjoy the game a little less so am playing it more casually. My investment for more hours hinges on playing games as fighters I'm a fan of and Dunham is a pretty big omission for me.

# 38 Morgan Monkman @ 05/12/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
It's pretty fast.

I think it might make it too easy to escape back sitting, especially with the momentum in the other dir on entry.
Good, now fights wont consist of someone holding you in back sitting for 3 rounds.

Rather disappointing patch tbh.

# 39 Bigg Cee @ 05/12/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
It's pretty fast.

oh ok.

I'll be back in about hour. Gunna go play ranked online and try different stuff and different cheese moves to see if certain things still work decent. (Fakes on the ground is gunna be a big test for me.)

# 40 Dave_S @ 05/12/16 02:02 PM
Interesting that Cyborg's last name is shown as Cyborg, that's just nickname.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.