Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.06 and content update #3 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans, weighing in at just over 1 GB. The update adds 3 new fighters, Cris Cyborg (Women's Bantamweight), Valentina Shevchenko (Women's Bantamweight) and Albert Tumenov (Welterweight).

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.06.
  • Added a third transition for submissive fighter in Back Sitting.
  • Block will not come back up automatically after a missed parry, or a timed out parry.
  • Liver Health Event allows high or low blocking.
  • Addressed issue where spamming transition fakes on the ground would regain stamina.
  • Addressed double stamina tax when opponent sprawls on user's takedown.
  • Addressed an issue where takedown denial stamina penalty was being applied when the user is struck out of a takedown.
  • General AI Improvements.
  • General Referee Improvements.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 tissues250 @ 05/12/16 09:22 PM
I am really disappointed about AI improved. I am only play in online but think about only offline players. They have to wait 1 month again for release the next patch. Its really terrible. I hate say like this but Ai is compeletly broken now.

# 162 sevcrane @ 05/12/16 09:27 PM
i was hoping for the boxer ai template would be adjusted my caf james toney still fights like yuri boyka with all those kicks he throws.

also why do the fighter models shrink when when they go to the ground

# 163 tissues250 @ 05/12/16 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
SkyNetUFC is on vacation for 3 weeks so they will have to wait more than 1 month.
yeah. I appreciate for his all effort. He have to rest time and its good plan. But he is only developer who Ai fixing?

# 164 johnmangala @ 05/12/16 09:58 PM
Great update good work on patching in more essentials, Cyborg and Tumenov will be good fun

Since Nate Diaz's shorts were patched in they should also give him the lead teap kick which he uses often

# 165 fballturkey @ 05/12/16 10:22 PM
After a few fights it is obvious that the AI still cannot handle its stamina on Pro. I'll try Hard but I'm extremely disappointed.

# 166 Haz____ @ 05/12/16 10:26 PM
This could have been a 1 gig patch with the only change being Nate's shorts, and i'd still be happy.

FINALLY! THE NINJA HAS BEEN UNLEASHED!

# 167 Dave_S @ 05/12/16 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Great update good work on patching in more essentials, Cyborg and Tumenov will be good fun

Since Nate Diaz's shorts were patched in they should also give him the lead teap kick which he uses often
You talking about those leg kicks he was using against c-mac? If so I agree.

# 168 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Is he really that much of a stickler? Cyborg has jumping superman off the cage, and well , Liddell.
You can criticize some of the decisions he's made, but I can also criticize a lot of the complaints the community has had as well.

I don't want to be the middle man in an argument about specific fighter's move sets.

I've seen all of two of Cyborg's fights, and they were spread out over the last four years.

I have no idea what moves she should or shouldn't have.

You tell me she should have an elbow, the guy on our team says she shouldn't.

He says she should have a superman, guys on this forum say she shouldn't.

Then I see a gif of her doing a superman. Guess who immediately gains credibility in my eyes?

I'm not going to go and watch all of her fights just to form an opinion on this.

Provide me with a clear, coherent argument with proof, then I will go to bat for you guys.

Make fun of decisions a teammate of mine has made, in what is probably the least forgiving job on the team, then not so much.

# 169 Dave_S @ 05/12/16 11:20 PM
I'm not trying to make fun of any person. Just some of the moves are so off the idea of the person that assigns moves being a stickler for reality seems humorous.

To be honest when I make comments like that I don't think about the individual person and certainly don't have malicious intent. It's just a general observation.

I like the game, I think you guys did a good job. It seems obvious the movesets seem wild, but at the core the issue is probably with users spamming these moves unrealistically, like multiple Superman's in a row.

I wasn't literally suggesting you go to bat against the guy that assigns moves, just trying to point out the movesets are wild and not limited to Cyborg in the least. It really seems like a huge portion of the roster had moves assigned without much thought in it. Then again if it is one person's job I can easily see how they could be overwhelmed with such a huge roster.

The community offered to help with movesets before ufc 2 was released, maybe ea will let community besides the gamechangers help with moves and stuff before ufc 3 is released.

I should be mindful this game is your guys baby and try to be more constructive and less jokey when criticizing

# 170 Haz____ @ 05/12/16 11:23 PM
GPD I love you. Much respect for you and the squad!

Your guy has made some funky decisions regarding moves though.

I can't lie.

# 171 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 11:28 PM
Quote:
I'm not trying to make fun of any person. Just some of the moves are so off the idea of the person that assigns moves being a stickler for reality seems humorous.

To be honest when I make comments like that I don't think about the individual person and certainly don't have malicious intent. It's just a general observation.

I like the game, I think you guys did a good job. It seems obvious the movesets seem wild, but at the core the issue is probably with users spamming these moves unrealistically, like multiple Superman's in a row.

I wasn't literally suggesting you go to bat against the guy that assigns moves, just trying to point out the movesets are wild and not limited to Cyborg in the least. It really seems like a huge portion of the roster had moves assigned without much thought in it. Then again if it is one person's job I can easily see how they could be overwhelmed with such a huge roster.

The community offered to help with movesets before ufc 2 was released, maybe ea will let community besides the gamechangers help with moves and stuff before ufc 3 is released.

I should be mindful this game is your guys baby and try to be more constructive and less jokey when criticizing
We absolutely will take that feedback where possible. Look at Nog and Ortega as the most recent examples.

Make the data organized, clear and free of argument and you'll see a lot of change as a result.

We will not setup an infrastructure for you guys to do it in though.

That's a lot of work, violates NDA information which makes things complicated, and gives the impression that we would follow through on all requests which we might not be able to do.

# 172 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
GPD I love you. Much respect for you and the squad!

Your guy has made some funky decisions regarding moves though.

I can't lie.
I agree he's a little cage happy.

But when you sit down and talk to him, he has reasons for everything that aren't as crazy as you guys make them out to be.

# 173 Haz____ @ 05/12/16 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I agree he's a little cage happy.

But when you sit down and talk to him, he has reasons for everything that aren't as crazy as you guys make them out to be.
I'm sure he's a passionate guy.

And tbh, I can cut slack on moves at the end of the day. I consider myself a pretty hardcore MMA fan, but really, there are only a handful of guys I would confidently be able to make legit, accurate, full movesets for.

Considering the massive size of the roster, it's gotta be a hard job to get all of them right. That's not something you can easily research either, like what do you do, just watch hours of fights?

Either way you guys rule.

Thanks for updating Nates shorts. That's all that really matters anyway.

# 174 Dave_S @ 05/12/16 11:38 PM
Quote:
We absolutely will take that feedback where possible. Look at Nog and Ortega as the most recent examples.

Make the data organized, clear and free of argument and you'll see a lot of change as a result.

We will not setup an infrastructure for you guys to do it in though.

That's a lot of work, violates NDA information which makes things complicated, and gives the impression that we would follow through on all requests which we might not be able to do.
I was just curious. Before the game dropped I made a thread on ea forums about if ea would listed to community input and some people responded they would help with fighters moves and what not. IIRC there was no acknowledgment, and it was brought up in other threads.

Now that people know they can be heard I'm sure users will be happy to provide input, wether it gets listened to or not.

I wouldn't expect ea to provide infrastructure, unless they wanted help. I personally think it would be nice to see a sticky thread or something about community suggestions with evidence on moves, or to discuss the issue, but I believe that's out of your wheelhouse and more on the individual users and moderators of this forum.

# 175 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
That's not something you can easily research either, like what do you do, just watch hours of fights?
That's exactly why I don't want to get involved.

# 176 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/12/16 11:40 PM
Quote:
I was just curious. Before the game dropped I made a thread on ea forums about if ea would listed to community input and some people responded they would help with fighters moves and what not. IIRC there was no acknowledgment, and it was brought up in other threads.

Now that people know they can be heard I'm sure users will be happy to provide input, wether it gets listened to or not.

I wouldn't expect ea to provide infrastructure, unless they wanted help. I personally think it would be nice to see a sticky thread or something about community suggestions with evidence on moves, or to discuss the issue, but I believe that's out of your wheelhouse and more on the individual users and moderators of this forum.
I would support a sticky thread. Just try and keep it as clean and concise as possible if you want it to impact the game.

# 177 chia @ 05/12/16 11:43 PM
I'll give credit where credit is due.

The game feels a LOT better today. Feels like some changes weren't noted in the Patch Notes and I'm cool with that.

I appreciate what the entire Dev team is doing.

# 178 CrazyFooL @ 05/13/16 01:19 AM
Super excited about Live Events Competition. Nice to see fresh modes coming out.

# 179 SMOKEZERO @ 05/13/16 01:38 AM
Quote:
That's exactly why I don't want to get involved.
This is exactly why I'm ranked #5 in overall Live Events on Xbox... Watch too many damn fights. My wife loves it (sarcasm). My 19 month old daughter tunes in like its Sesame Street every time Buffer goes through the ring announcements lol. BTW, Ortega is really well updated. T-City everywhere, guard, mount, side control, flying. Played about 25 matches with him today, and just wanted to say thanks!

# 180 Bigg Cee @ 05/13/16 01:43 AM
I still think this patch was great, sure not the biggest but we got some fixes and a few highly requested fighters and Nate Diaz freaking shorts. lol

Still Cyborg alone gets an A+ from me.

The more fighters the better, keep the good stuff coming GPD.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.