Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 address all three phases of the game on offense, defense, and special teams.

Quote:
Let's start with offense and the new Ball Carrier Controls. We’ve added a tiered system to the types of special moves different players are able to pull off – depending on their attributes, ratings and speed. So now, expect your bigger bruising backs to be more effective with truck moves and stiff arms, while smaller, shiftier backs have more effective jukes and spins. Now don't worry if you’re not a magician yet on the sticks. New Ball Carrier UI Prompts help teach moves available to you, while the new Path Assist helps you navigate and anticipate down field. Additionally on lower skill levels, you can put the work on us and we will pick the appropriate moves for you, unlocking the fun for all of our players. Now, onto the defensive side of the ball.

While the new tools on offense make you a better, more creative ball carrier, the New Defensive AI System is built on up to date NFL Strategies – such as Gap Play, Force Defenders and improved Zone Coverages. It’s time to force your opponents to stop being so one dimensional. New Gap Play AI brings a new level of NFL authenticity and strategy to your defensive teammates. Each of your teammates has a gap assignment on run defense that puts them in position to better defend the run. Force defenders protect the outside of the field, pushing the ball carrier back inside allowing cut back defenders to make the big play. Finally Zone Coverage has been completely overhauled, with the addition of 8 new zone concepts never before seen in Madden. Defenders have more awareness of threats to each zone and can pattern match receivers, creating defensive counters to stop virtually every passing concept. It's our most realistic AI to date and it's across the entire field.

Special Teams, the 3rd phase of football, is where big games are often won and lost. For the first time years we’re bringing the excitement back to special teams. A New Kick Meter is designed to increase the challenge of the kicking game like we see in today’s NFL. Additionally, the ability to ice the kicker allows you to turn up the pressure on those late game winning field goal attempts. New trick plays and a new block kick mechanic add new elements to the risk and reward of Special Teams.

Some features...

GROUND GAME
All-New on Both Sides of The Ball - Experience the most balanced gameplay to date on offense making you a better, more creative ball carrier, while new defensive AI puts your teammates into position to stop the run or passing game.

FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever - Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.

PRESENTATION
See It and Hear It to Believe It - Feel and experience the game from a new perspective - focused on you.

MADDEN 365
Never Miss a Beat - If it happens in the NFL, it happens in Madden. Experience fresh content daily for your football fix.

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 CM Hooe @ 05/12/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
While the new tools on offense make you a better, more creative ball carrier, the New Defensive AI System is built on up to date NFL Strategies – such as Gap Play, Force Defenders and improved Zone Coverages. It’s time to force your opponents to stop being so one dimensional. New Gap Play AI brings a new level of NFL authenticity and strategy to your defensive teammates. Each of your teammates has a gap assignment on run defense that puts them in position to better defend the run. Force defenders protect the outside of the field, pushing the ball carrier back inside allowing cut back defenders to make the big play. Finally Zone Coverage has been completely overhauled, with the addition of 8 new zone concepts never before seen in Madden. Defenders have more awareness of threats to each zone and can pattern match receivers, creating defensive counters to stop virtually every passing concept. It's our most realistic AI to date and it's across the entire field.
So we're going to be playing Real Football™ this year, basically.

If they can execute on these, this pleases me greatly.

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Special Teams, the 3rd phase of football, is where big games are often won and lost. For the first time years we’re bringing the excitement back to special teams. A New Kick Meter is designed to increase the challenge of the kicking game like we see in today’s NFL. Additionally, the ability to ice the kicker allows you to turn up the pressure on those late game winning field goal attempts. New trick plays and a new block kick mechanic add new elements to the risk and reward of Special Teams.
Gap play sounds awesome but I absolutely love this.

# 3 bcruise @ 05/12/16 06:21 PM
Oh boy, they used the magic words... "Gap Play". And actually treating it as a frontline feature.

# 4 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/16 06:22 PM
I really like what I hear but I need to see it in action.

# 5 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 06:23 PM
Quote:
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever
Also, does this mean the end of CFM?

# 6 Dwaresacksqb @ 05/12/16 06:24 PM
Sounds good, now let's hope they executed their plan well. I'm pumped.

# 7 bcruise @ 05/12/16 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Also, does this mean the end of CFM?
Who knows, but they did call it Franchise last year so the name itself doesn't mean much.

# 8 SolidSquid @ 05/12/16 06:25 PM
This is a good start. They are actually using real football terms and strategy as a selling point. Gives me hope

# 9 gr18 @ 05/12/16 06:29 PM
Quote:
Gap play sounds awesome but I absolutely love this.
While I do like talk of special teams improvements,the things I want to see are better blocking on kick returns,ball physics on punts and not having to supersim CPU field goals for them to miss.

# 10 SoxFan01605 @ 05/12/16 06:32 PM
I'm hoping we don't have to wait to long to find out what exactly makes this year's franchise mode "deeper than ever" because I really do want it to be true this time...

The rest sounds promising as well for an initial reveal.

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Who knows, but they did call it Franchise last year so the name itself doesn't mean much.
They still referred to it as Connected Franchise though so I wonder if they've finally ditched the whole "connected" part. This definitely has me interested.

# 12 sir psycho @ 05/12/16 06:34 PM
Oh man....special teams improvements, gap assignments, coverage improvements, deeper franchise!!

I'm trying to not get too excited, since I haven't even seen any real gameplay yet, but this is the most hyped I've been for a Madden since '05. Can't wait to see what the deeper franchise actually includes.

# 13 charter04 @ 05/12/16 06:35 PM
Gap play, Force defenders, better zone coverage, and all new kicking game stuff. Ok you got my attention Tiberon. If you truly show a deep Franchise mode I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 kehlis @ 05/12/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
They still referred to it as Connected Franchise though so I wonder if they've finally ditched the whole "connected" part. This definitely has me interested.
I doubt it, I think it would be too much to just scrap it in one cycle and get what we all want out of a franchise. They can continue to call it whatever they want as long as they start to add somethings back in that used to make franchise great.

# 15 BezO @ 05/12/16 06:42 PM
Great to have run fits confirmed. If they work, there has to be a major improvement in animation, so I'm looking forward to this.

Special teams improvements sound gimmicky, but we'll see. They have to address the blocking/interaction on FGs and punts (gunners) and the lack of formation variety on punts.

# 16 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I know it's early, but I'm a bit disappointed that nothing was really said about the franchise changes. I saw a bunch of paragraphs on game play changes (which sound really interesting), but I wanted to hear something about the franchise changes other than some generic "deeper".
If they've truly added a good amount of stuff to make it deeper I'm sure they'll give franchise it's own due. There was a tweet JP posted from Clint about more info dropping next week so that could be it potentially.

# 17 brandon27 @ 05/12/16 06:44 PM
Love the sounds of gap assignments and defensive AI changes.

new kicking meter is nice.

Not sure how I feel about the ball carrier stuff. Have to see it in action.

Sounds promising. Was really hoping for more details on franchise though.

# 18 Toupal @ 05/12/16 06:45 PM
That they are calling it FRANCHISE and not CFM is a HUGE step in the right direction.

I never thought I would say this, but I have faith that Madden and EA will come through this year.

# 19 redsox4evur @ 05/12/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
That they are calling it FRANCHISE and not CFM is a HUGE step in the right direction.

I never thought I would say this, but I have faith that Madden and EA will come through this year.
It was called franchise last year as well.

# 20 therealsmallville @ 05/12/16 06:48 PM
I wonder what they mean when they say "Presentation...centered on YOU." Or words to that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Previous1234567891718Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.