Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 address all three phases of the game on offense, defense, and special teams.

Quote:
Let's start with offense and the new Ball Carrier Controls. We’ve added a tiered system to the types of special moves different players are able to pull off – depending on their attributes, ratings and speed. So now, expect your bigger bruising backs to be more effective with truck moves and stiff arms, while smaller, shiftier backs have more effective jukes and spins. Now don't worry if you’re not a magician yet on the sticks. New Ball Carrier UI Prompts help teach moves available to you, while the new Path Assist helps you navigate and anticipate down field. Additionally on lower skill levels, you can put the work on us and we will pick the appropriate moves for you, unlocking the fun for all of our players. Now, onto the defensive side of the ball.

While the new tools on offense make you a better, more creative ball carrier, the New Defensive AI System is built on up to date NFL Strategies – such as Gap Play, Force Defenders and improved Zone Coverages. It’s time to force your opponents to stop being so one dimensional. New Gap Play AI brings a new level of NFL authenticity and strategy to your defensive teammates. Each of your teammates has a gap assignment on run defense that puts them in position to better defend the run. Force defenders protect the outside of the field, pushing the ball carrier back inside allowing cut back defenders to make the big play. Finally Zone Coverage has been completely overhauled, with the addition of 8 new zone concepts never before seen in Madden. Defenders have more awareness of threats to each zone and can pattern match receivers, creating defensive counters to stop virtually every passing concept. It's our most realistic AI to date and it's across the entire field.

Special Teams, the 3rd phase of football, is where big games are often won and lost. For the first time years we’re bringing the excitement back to special teams. A New Kick Meter is designed to increase the challenge of the kicking game like we see in today’s NFL. Additionally, the ability to ice the kicker allows you to turn up the pressure on those late game winning field goal attempts. New trick plays and a new block kick mechanic add new elements to the risk and reward of Special Teams.

Some features...

GROUND GAME
All-New on Both Sides of The Ball - Experience the most balanced gameplay to date on offense making you a better, more creative ball carrier, while new defensive AI puts your teammates into position to stop the run or passing game.

FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever - Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.

PRESENTATION
See It and Hear It to Believe It - Feel and experience the game from a new perspective - focused on you.

MADDEN 365
Never Miss a Beat - If it happens in the NFL, it happens in Madden. Experience fresh content daily for your football fix.

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 341 roadman @ 06/06/16 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
Yep....it's the same old song that's played every year at this time. I'll believe it when I see. I'll believe it when Pass Interference is called more than once every millennium.
Huh? DPI was called much more last year than ever. Before last year, it was non-existent.

# 342 NolanRyansSnowmonkey @ 06/10/16 12:18 PM
I want so badly for this to be the football game of the century. I was excited when I first read this. Then I just went back and read the 'amazing new features and realism' advertising and hype of each edition of Madden back to '08. Needless to say this tempered my excitement quite a bit. If most of those promises had turned out half as good as they sounded before release, I would be more optimistic this year. Going through this hope every year gives me tired-head. That being said, my inner sports heart still won't give up hope, even though my brain tells it differently. Just one time I want my heart to be right.

My brain will not allow my heart to buy it upon release this year. But I will be tuned in to Operation Sports to get an idea of whether this game delivers. Please don't break my sports-heart again.

# 343 Rams_3 @ 06/25/16 01:44 PM
The next thing they have to address is punt and kick return. In madden it just seems so boring. I hope they fix the blocking and make returns fun and exciting. Have the blocking set up correctly and have lanes open up. Special teams is very important in the nfl, especially those teams that have great return guys. I wanna feel like i shouldn't punt to a guy.

# 344 OhMrHanky @ 06/25/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
The next thing they have to address is punt and kick return. In madden it just seems so boring. I hope they fix the blocking and make returns fun and exciting. Have the blocking set up correctly and have lanes open up. Special teams is very important in the nfl, especially those teams that have great return guys. I wanna feel like i shouldn't punt to a guy.

Yeah, no doubt. I have to admit, when Rex said they had a plan to work on all 3 phases of the game, I think a lot of us thought/knew this would be the year of special teams. Although, I think most of us were thinking, 'alright. This year is special teams love. Can't wait to see the blocking on kick/punt returns and see those lanes open up like never before! I can't wait to see the gunners actually getting down field and doing something for a change! YEAH!!! SPECIAL TEAMS!! WHOOO!!!' Lol, and then we find out its about blocking kicks, FG meter, and trick plays ☹️ Now, it will be nice to block kicks, so, overall, I welcome the change. But, seriously, I was really thinking they were going to do something different/magical with the blocking to better setup returns so that returns felt 'special'. So, for me, this is a slight letdown, I'd say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 345 jsteele14 @ 07/03/16 03:59 PM
I am sure this question has been answered and i missed it. I have seen videos of blocked field goal attempts. Will we be seeing blocked punts now as well? I have not seen those videos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 346 iron city @ 08/11/16 01:54 PM
Regarding franchise...does anyone know if they fixed the scheduling in season 2 and past? Last year and for many years you will get as many as 6 straight home or away games. The real NFL only allows 3. Sort of kills the immersion fro me.

# 347 raiderphantom @ 08/12/16 12:08 AM
Pre-ordered. Madden used to be a yearly purchase for me. I must've bought 10-12 maddens in a row. This year might get me back into it. It sounds amazing.

# 348 cable guy @ 08/12/16 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Pre-ordered. Madden used to be a yearly purchase for me. I must've bought 10-12 maddens in a row. This year might get me back into it. It sounds amazing.
Yep. Hopefully continue from last year, which I thought was a big step forward

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.