Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 address all three phases of the game on offense, defense, and special teams.

Quote:
Let's start with offense and the new Ball Carrier Controls. We’ve added a tiered system to the types of special moves different players are able to pull off – depending on their attributes, ratings and speed. So now, expect your bigger bruising backs to be more effective with truck moves and stiff arms, while smaller, shiftier backs have more effective jukes and spins. Now don't worry if you’re not a magician yet on the sticks. New Ball Carrier UI Prompts help teach moves available to you, while the new Path Assist helps you navigate and anticipate down field. Additionally on lower skill levels, you can put the work on us and we will pick the appropriate moves for you, unlocking the fun for all of our players. Now, onto the defensive side of the ball.

While the new tools on offense make you a better, more creative ball carrier, the New Defensive AI System is built on up to date NFL Strategies – such as Gap Play, Force Defenders and improved Zone Coverages. It’s time to force your opponents to stop being so one dimensional. New Gap Play AI brings a new level of NFL authenticity and strategy to your defensive teammates. Each of your teammates has a gap assignment on run defense that puts them in position to better defend the run. Force defenders protect the outside of the field, pushing the ball carrier back inside allowing cut back defenders to make the big play. Finally Zone Coverage has been completely overhauled, with the addition of 8 new zone concepts never before seen in Madden. Defenders have more awareness of threats to each zone and can pattern match receivers, creating defensive counters to stop virtually every passing concept. It's our most realistic AI to date and it's across the entire field.

Special Teams, the 3rd phase of football, is where big games are often won and lost. For the first time years we’re bringing the excitement back to special teams. A New Kick Meter is designed to increase the challenge of the kicking game like we see in today’s NFL. Additionally, the ability to ice the kicker allows you to turn up the pressure on those late game winning field goal attempts. New trick plays and a new block kick mechanic add new elements to the risk and reward of Special Teams.

Some features...

GROUND GAME
All-New on Both Sides of The Ball - Experience the most balanced gameplay to date on offense making you a better, more creative ball carrier, while new defensive AI puts your teammates into position to stop the run or passing game.

FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever - Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.

PRESENTATION
See It and Hear It to Believe It - Feel and experience the game from a new perspective - focused on you.

MADDEN 365
Never Miss a Beat - If it happens in the NFL, it happens in Madden. Experience fresh content daily for your football fix.

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 MajorSupreme @ 05/12/16 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever

Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.
I'm all for catchy taglines and all that, but this is a pretty big check to cash in August. Madden NFL 2005 hit on the head with depth (newspaper, radio show, position battle, coaching staffs, etc.)

If this comes close to that, I'm sold. Everything else, especially special teams being worked on, sounds great to me.

# 22 CM Hooe @ 05/12/16 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It was called franchise last year as well.
Tiburon referred to it as "Connected Franchise" in their pre-release Madden 16 media last year, but you are correct that in the game the mode is called "Franchise".

I'm guessing at this point we're to use the terms interchangeably.

# 23 XxSpiritHunterX @ 05/12/16 06:55 PM
I see they've finally brought over the ice-the-kicker feature from the NCAA games. Anyways, all of this sounds amazing and I can only hope for the game to be exciting and fresh enough for me to keep playing.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 24 NINJAK2 @ 05/12/16 06:58 PM
Sounds promising..If they can combine this with a coach mode where the user qbs actually scramble and on option/read plays the qbs don't always keep the ball I would be even more impressed.

# 25 4thQtrStre5S @ 05/12/16 07:00 PM
The defensive changes have my eyes and ears open...The gap assignments is great to hear; and I am assuming that with the improved RB abilities, the defense had to have gap assignments to counter - The Madden Devs seem to be getting it - when you change one side of anything, you must make appropriate counter adjustments on the opposing side, if one is to maintain homeostasis of the system.

# 26 RGiles36 @ 05/12/16 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I wonder what they mean when they say "Presentation...centered on YOU." Or words to that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spooks me a little, honestly. Sounds like a deviation from TV broadcast, but that's hopefully just how it sounds. They've invested too much to making the game feel like a broadcast to abandon it. Right?!?

# 27 Branchurain @ 05/12/16 07:05 PM
Slow hand clap and a Denzel Washington "Glory" tear their even attempting this. Gameplay still needs building, 16 was ok but I pray to God they pull this off, given their history I'm afraid but optimistic. I'm rooting they do this right and This is from a hardcore 2K football guy. Got dammit EA you given me unbridled hope despite me trying not to! Your the only game in town I hope you deliver this year!

# 28 PVarck31 @ 05/12/16 07:06 PM
I mean all of this sounds great. I really hope I'm actually able to return punts this year.

Defensive upgrades are exciting. All new zone coverage and gap assignments should make a lot of people happy.

And those cleats man...Awesome.

# 29 howboutdat @ 05/12/16 07:09 PM
well , it most all sounds good, so hopeful on the gameplay front ,with one exception - "new block kick mechanic " that one has me ( as a commish) worried. I mean people seem to find glitches every madden as it is to block kicks.Now giving people a tool to, i hope it is not able to be abused is all.

Overall really like what they seem to be shooting for, now if they can execute it well and not let the tourney kids cry when its released and get them to patch it and mess it up again.Sounds like those toss plays will finally have met their match, hope thats true.

As one whom loves power backs, so good to hear that a power bruiser can be used as such . Again, hopefully they execute it all well!

And im calling it , Franchise (cfm , whatever) deep dive will be done on the 27th of may.Last year was the 28th. Just hide and watch.

# 30 Godgers12 @ 05/12/16 07:14 PM
If they scrap the whole CFM thing, what would the future hold for online franchise? Biggest fear is that becomes bare bones again.

# 31 avwhitechic @ 05/12/16 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I wonder what they mean when they say "Presentation...centered on YOU." Or words to that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oculus maybe...although I'm hoping new camera angles

# 32 SolidSquid @ 05/12/16 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
If they scrap the whole CFM thing, what would the future hold for online franchise? Biggest fear is that becomes bare bones again.
It would probably be the exact same. Cfm was just a fancy name for combining franchise mode(coach and GM) with be a player

# 33 Fedor_52 @ 05/12/16 07:18 PM
Has there ever been some kind of Manual Passing in a Football Game?

I haven't played Madden in years, but i remember the Icon Passing gets pretty boring after a while, like fully assisted passing in FIFA or NHL

# 34 Senator Palmer @ 05/12/16 07:18 PM
WE GOT GAP ASSIGNMENTS!!!!

WE GOT GAP ASSIGNMENTS!!!

WOOO!!!

# 35 snc237 @ 05/12/16 07:20 PM
Well this kicking has need an overhaul for years now. Plus I have seen one block field goal in the last 5-6 year of madden. I don't want it to be easy to block fields goals and I want it to be rare but I would like to feel like there is a 1 percent chance I might get a block

# 36 SolidSquid @ 05/12/16 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor_52
Has there ever been some kind of Manual Passing in a Football Game?

I haven't played Madden in years, but i remember the Icon Passing gets pretty boring after a while, like fully assisted passing in FIFA or NHL
NFL Fever had something called read and lead passing. Instead of icons you used the RS to move a reticle where you wanted the ball to go and pushed RT to throw it

# 37 56thDown @ 05/12/16 07:23 PM
Cpu vs Cpu. That is all.

# 38 roadman @ 05/12/16 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
That they are calling it FRANCHISE and not CFM is a HUGE step in the right direction.

I never thought I would say this, but I have faith that Madden and EA will come through this year.
Welcome to the dark side, you are starting to believe.

# 39 howboutdat @ 05/12/16 07:26 PM
one of things i dont see mentioned though about gameplay:

Not one word about oline blocking. i mean hopefully they dont think it was good in 16 because if i had a dime for every time an olinemen stood there and just watched guys blow right by them to sack my QB in a second from snap, or tackle my hb in backfield then id be rich.

Hopefully that was fixed , as i know not everything was put in this first out put.

However , man was that "trailer" weak as hell or what?Didnt expect alot, but that was , well that trailer of hype kinda made me laugh alittle.

# 40 N51_rob @ 05/12/16 07:29 PM
Can't be upset with the written words they have provided. I'm naturally skeptical. But if they can pull this off and it all be BALANCED this could be a major shift in madden. I will have to wait and see some actual gameplay on the higher difficulties and not with E3 jabronis that don't know squat about football or the MUT/Competative guys either.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.