Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 17 first look trailer.

Also, be sure to check out the video from our friends at GoodGameBro, on 5 things you must know about the game.

Quote:
With Madden NFL 17 featuring Rob Gronkowski as the cover athlete, EA SPORTS has unveiled a bit of news about their upcoming title. From new equipment to major changes on the defensive side of the ball, there's a lot to be happy about with Madden NFL 17.

Find out five things that you need to know in Madden 17 before it releases on August 23rd for Xbox One & Playstation 4.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Moegames @ 05/12/16 10:46 PM
Well at least they didn't show Gronk dance

As for the trailer, way too short to get any idea on anything really. Maybe next time they will actually show some more substance in the trailers.

# 42 Rhudey @ 05/12/16 10:50 PM
I was excited to see the attention made to special teams, however, it doesn't actually mention the return game. The cpu has been useless returning punts and kick offs for the entire last generation and start of this one. I remember playing PS2 and being afraid of specific returners because one missed tackle and they were gone, PS3 was a joke, the cpu returner would have daylight but choose to run straight into tacklers every time. This is one of the biggest changes that needs to be made imo.

# 43 IlluminatusUIUC @ 05/12/16 10:53 PM
True gap assignments is -pardon the expression- a game changer.

# 44 PVarck31 @ 05/12/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB01

Why can't madden have the over the mouth pieces like they had on the PS2 games? This is something they should easily be able to add into the game. So many players are wearing these now. Seems lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're new here so I'm just gonna put it here. Calling the developers lazy is something that is extremely frowned upon at OS.

It's not constructive and it incites problems. Please refrain from doing this in the future.

# 45 MajorSupreme @ 05/12/16 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Sorry about that. Twitter takes up a lot of the time I used to spend on OS. I'll try and be more active here.
That wasn't a direct reference to you. Guys like you and AJ are around, and we appreciate that. What he was referring to was before your time and mine. I believe your predecessors at EA frequented the site often back in the day, but the usual unruly attitudes that come from that immediate access eventually resulted in game developers not coming around so often.

I definitely appreciate you stopping by, even if not responding, just looking around and taking in at least the meaningful criticism and suggestions.

# 46 apollon42 @ 05/12/16 11:05 PM
The Original Next Gen E3 trailer with RG3 from like 5 years ago looks better than this.

# 47 Jershy88 @ 05/12/16 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB01

Why can't madden have the over the mouth pieces like they had on the PS2 games? This is something they should easily be able to add into the game. So many players are wearing these now. Seems lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope they can get em in!

# 48 SolidSquid @ 05/12/16 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
I hope they can get em in!
Also this isn't what single arm sleeves look like

# 49 Gossennator @ 05/12/16 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Also this isn't what single arm sleeves look like

It's actually exactly what they look like.

# 50 SolidSquid @ 05/12/16 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
It's actually exactly what they look like.
Maybe where you're from but not in the NFL lol

# 51 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/16 11:47 PM
I like what I have read so far but I need to see it in action. I also hope that the defensive A.I for the cpu is smarter and can do everything that the human player can.

# 52 VinnyVegas28 @ 05/12/16 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
And in typical EA fashion they aren't the popular sleeves players wear. They don't go all the way up, i.e. Lev Bell style. Can't say I was expecting correct ones.
At the 9 second mark, number 20 and 21 on the jets has a one arm sleeve going all the way up. Is this different than what your referring to?

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

# 53 jpdavis82 @ 05/13/16 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
What's your Twitter handle.

My man, love what your doing and the way you handling business.

Same as his handle on here @RexDEAFootball

# 54 khaliib @ 05/13/16 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Same as his handle on here @RexDEAFootball
Thanks Jp, as well as getting us information.

# 55 SeaTownGamer @ 05/13/16 03:02 AM
First few pages was hoping the OS community have a discussion about gameplay, animations and player model but instead it was mostly about arm sleeves? Smh.

# 56 NateDogPack12 @ 05/13/16 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
First few pages was hoping the OS community have a discussion about gameplay, animations and player model but instead it was mostly about arm sleeves? Smh.
Quite honestly that's the only conversation worth having in lieu of the new footage that is not completely speculative. We can opine about the pattern recognition and gap assignments but until we see those things in action, any in-depth analysis is pointless. On the other hand, people could actually see the arm sleeves and equipment. People have been clamoring for new equipment for years.

I for one was not surprised at the course the conversation took. The community has a right to analyze any aspect of the trailer.

# 57 undrafted @ 05/13/16 04:01 AM
Here are 5 things I took from the trailer:

- interspersing real-time footage in in-game footage may save you from producing ultra high quality models of the players (that never show up in the final version of the game anyway), but does not make your presentation feel any less suspect

- the continuous slow-motion / fast forward may be an effective technique to highlight the player special moves, but does not make the trailer particularly easy on the eyes (I would not want to watch it again)

- as a result of the above mentioned technique, the trailer does not make a good job of portraying the fluidity/synchronicity of American Football, but instead feels like a discrete sequence of individual actions I have already seen countless times: trick-play / spin / hurdle / (signature) touch down celebration... and it feels frustrating because this does not say anything new to me

- the exclusive focus on a single player (no matter if he is the one on the cover of the game - WE GOT IT, OK ? ) seems to disregard (or even worse disprove) one of this year's edition main features, which suggests different 'special' moves depending on each player features (I would have expected a different player doing each of the special moves and not all of them made by a single player)

- all-in all, this trailer looked to me more like one of those announcements of a new character made availabe in a pre-existing videogame with a DLC

# 58 JimmyT85 @ 05/13/16 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrafted
Here are 5 things I took from the trailer:

- interspersing real-time footage in in-game footage may save you from producing ultra high quality models of the players (that never show up in the final version of the game anyway), but does not make your presentation feel any less suspect

- the continuous slow-motion / fast forward may be an effective technique to highlight the player special moves, but does not make the trailer particularly easy on the eyes (I would not want to watch it again)

- as a result of the above mentioned technique, the trailer does not make a good job of portraying the fluidity/synchronicity of American Football, but instead feels like a discrete sequence of individual actions I have already seen countless times: trick-play / spin / hurdle / (signature) touch down celebration... and it feels frustrating because this does not say anything new to me

- the exclusive focus on a single player (no matter if he is the one on the cover of the game - WE GOT IT, OK ? ) seems to disregard (or even worse disprove) one of this year's edition main features, which suggests different 'special' moves depending on each player features (I would have expected a different player doing each of the special moves and not all of them made by a single player)

- all-in all, this trailer looked to me more like one of those announcements of a new character made availabe in a pre-existing videogame with a DLC
I hear you.

But I was just listening to an interview with Rex, and he pointed out this new trailer is to try and drag in casuals and new players. It's not made for us people who already play/purchase Madden.

He said this is what marketing want, and not necessarily what himself or the Madden team wants. I guess it's just one of those things I'm afraid!

# 59 DeuceDouglas @ 05/13/16 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Quite honestly that's the only conversation worth having in lieu of the new footage that is not completely speculative. We can opine about the pattern recognition and gap assignments but until we see those things in action, any in-depth analysis is pointless. On the other hand, people could actually see the arm sleeves and equipment. People have been clamoring for new equipment for years.

I for one was not surprised at the course the conversation took. The community has a right to analyze any aspect of the trailer.
Well said. Equipment really is the only thing we can come to any kind of conclusion on so far. So people can say "all these gameplay improvements and we're talking about sleeves and socks" like Allen Iverson but like you said it is honestly the only conversation worth having outside of discussing the new fake field goal or what the gameplay features might mean.

Everything gameplay wise sounds great in theory which is always the case. But we have no clue what gap assignments look like or how line play has been changed to compensate for those changes. We know absolutely nothing about the new defensive AI or how it looks or works in an actual gameplay environment. Special teams changes sound great but we don't know how the new kick meter works or if punts have been changed. All we know is there is at least one new fake FG play. So we can sit here and jump to conclusions about what's behind door number one when we have no clue yet or we can talk about what we actually see in the 15-20 seconds of gameplay we saw.

I highly doubt there are many people here that prioritize new gloves, cleats, or sleeves over gap assignments, enhanced AI, or special teams improvements. I know I don't, but with equipment people were told it would be "on point" and I think they missed a big opportunity to cash in on that. The cleats look great and the gloves look awesome too although I'd like to see more styles so hopefully we'll see that moving. New helmets and facemasks we've yet to see to the full extent so it's hard to go in on that. I'm happy they finally touched equipment as it was much needed but I hope it continues to get better and doesn't go dormant again because there's still a lot of room for improvement in that area.

# 60 dk6663 @ 05/13/16 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Madden has a literally impossible job with some people lol. No wonder they stopped posting here.
I LOVE THIS GAME, FLAWS AND ALL !!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.