Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

SimFBallCritic has posted an interview with Rex Dickson, Creative Director for Madden NFL 17. Below are a few notes from the interview, but make sure you listen to the full interview here.
  • The first trailer is not for our community and he explains why...
  • Several major changes this year, as he describes them, major bomb drops are coming...
  • Lots of new announcements are on the way, including Developer blogs...
  • Clint has an 8 page blog on the improvements to the ground game...
  • Zone blocking and gap play will fundamentally alters the entire running game...
  • Lots of discussion/blogs/etc. coming in the next 2 to 3 weeks...

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Cowboy008 @ 05/13/16 12:47 AM
Their marketing team sucks. That was a good interview.

# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/13/16 12:49 AM
I like how candid Rex is about his frustrations. Let's hope this team sticks around for a while.

# 3 wordtobigbird @ 05/13/16 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Their marketing team sucks. That was a good interview.
Word, he pretty much said that in the first 5 minutes.

Definitely worth a listen.

# 4 jpdavis82 @ 05/13/16 01:00 AM
The entire CFM team listened to the show tonight, these guys really do care about making this game what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 tryhardjuice @ 05/13/16 01:04 AM
Lol the first line he came in saying "the trailer is not for you guys"

that was sooo good to hear. A breathe of fresh air.

# 6 skinnybonez @ 05/13/16 01:13 AM
How is that trailer suppose to attract the casuals tho

# 7 NateDogPack12 @ 05/13/16 01:22 AM
How can you not love Rex Dickson? That guy just has so much natural integrity and charisma. I hope you all will ask him about some of the little features that are very popular requests amongst the SI'm community. Stuff like 32-team control, formation subs, etc etc. I trust Rex to give us a fun football game.

I can't WAIT to see what they're doing with franchise mode.

# 8 jpdavis82 @ 05/13/16 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
How can you not love Rex Dickson? That guy just has so much natural integrity and charisma. I hope you all will ask him about some of the little features that are very popular requests amongst the SI'm community. Stuff like 32-team control, formation subs, etc etc. I trust Rex to give us a fun football game.

I can't WAIT to see what they're doing with franchise mode.

John White just tweeted Franchise info is coming soon. I'm starting to think they might be giving us the blogs and info before EA Play instead of in June-July. I think they will be streaming the game some at EA Play and therefore will give us more info before E3 than normal.

# 9 NateDogPack12 @ 05/13/16 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
John White just tweeted Franchise info is coming soon. I'm starting to think they might be giving us the blogs and info before EA Play instead of in June-July. I think they will be streaming the game some at EA Play and therefore will give us more info before E3 than normal.
Do you know how I could participate in a call-in interview forum like that with someone like Rex? I would absolutely love to ask that guy a question or two. He gets me excited about Madden every year.

# 10 wordtobigbird @ 05/13/16 01:50 AM
"major, fundamental system changes" which is exactly what Madden has needed. details in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll definitely be checking in for the blogs. 8 pages on the ground game? Yes please.

# 11 kongemeier @ 05/13/16 05:01 AM
Rex is absolutely growing on me!

# 12 Junior Moe @ 05/13/16 07:00 AM
This dude is legit! I'm genuinely excited about Madden again. M17 already preordered.

# 13 howboutdat @ 05/13/16 08:08 AM
Quote:
Last year the CFM Deep Dive came out on May 28th. I expect to see it on the 27th this year,hoping for before though. Nothing new there.Not sure why everyone keeps saying not until Eplay.

And its cool you mentioned the CFM devs where listening to the show last night, but since not everyone was able to call in , i hope they listen to other places , like this as well.

I for one ,as a commish , really hope they upgrade that CFM Website , or have an app, that allows me or owners to put themselves on auto from the web. Ive been banging the drum for this for years.For online leagues that are not moving at a turtle pace, this is very important. The addition back in 25 i think, of allowing advance from the website was awesome addition.However it was also the last thing really done with the cfm website. I hope they realize how important more features on that website is to online leagues.

When your dealing with 32 people, across different timezones, and different schedules of life, sometimes time is very much of the essence. We are not at home as much as we are at work , and other places in todays world. Therefore its highly important to us that we have a way to manage out teams , and even advance our leagues and set people on auto from the web . Because we all carry the web with us in our pocket everyday, and most have computers that connect to the web at work as well.So , since they have ignored that website for so long, i really hope with their new focus, it gets upgraded!

# 14 jpdavis82 @ 05/13/16 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Last year the CFM Deep Dive came out on May 28th. I expect to see it on the 27th this year,hoping for before though. Nothing new there.Not sure why everyone keeps saying not until Eplay.

And its cool you mentioned the CFM devs where listening to the show last night, but since not everyone was able to call in , i hope they listen to other places , like this as well.

I for one ,as a commish , really hope they upgrade that CFM Website , or have an app, that allows me or owners to put themselves on auto from the web. Ive been banging the drum for this for years.For online leagues that are not moving at a turtle pace, this is very important. The addition back in 25 i think, of allowing advance from the website was awesome addition.However it was also the last thing really done with the cfm website. I hope they realize how important more features on that website is to online leagues.

When your dealing with 32 people, across different timezones, and different schedules of life, sometimes time is very much of the essence. We are not at home as much as we are at work , and other places in todays world. Therefore its highly important to us that we have a way to manage out teams , and even advance our leagues and set people on auto from the web . Because we all carry the web with us in our pocket everyday, and most have computers that connect to the web at work as well.So , since they have ignored that website for so long, i really hope with their new focus, it gets upgraded!

That's right, it was presentation I was thinking of and it didn't come out until July 9th. Gameplay blogs came out during E3.

# 15 DeuceDouglas @ 05/13/16 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yeah, they've always trickled out info prior to E3 or in this case EA Play. I think the one year they were really tight lipped on everything was with the Infinity Engine or maybe it was CFM when it was introduced. But either way the typical approach has been info before and then the events is when we finally get gameplay so I'd expect that to follow the same pattern. I really hope they get into detail with the things that are added too. I don't know if they underestimate the interest in reading a long worded article or if they just want to let us see for ourselves. The latter is obviously fine but I would love if they picked four or five things and went in depth on them and then just listed off other improvements. It's hard to gain much when you just get a blurb or two about each feature.

# 16 jpdavis82 @ 05/13/16 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, they've always trickled out info prior to E3 or in this case EA Play. I think the one year they were really tight lipped on everything was with the Infinity Engine or maybe it was CFM when it was introduced. But either way the typical approach has been info before and then the events is when we finally get gameplay so I'd expect that to follow the same pattern. I really hope they get into detail with the things that are added too. I don't know if they underestimate the interest in reading a long worded article or if they just want to let us see for ourselves. The latter is obviously fine but I would love if they picked four or five things and went in depth on them and then just listed off other improvements. It's hard to gain much when you just get a blurb or two about each feature.

Clint's 8 page blog on the ground game sounds fantastic.

# 17 cthurt @ 05/13/16 08:42 AM
Rex completely won me over in this interview.

# 18 RyanLaFalce @ 05/13/16 08:48 AM
That was a great interview. I'm now even more hype than yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 19 SolidSquid @ 05/13/16 08:57 AM
I find it weird that there's such a disconnect between the devs and marketing. Red gives me hope, that being said Ian gave me hope too, so I'll wait to actually see and feel how the new mechanics are and if they are balanced.

The fact that they are finally adding REAL football mechanics to the game is such a relief. I also like hearing Rex compare madden with 2k and Battlefield, it shows me that he's not living in a bubble where madden is the only game on the market.

# 20 Cowboy008 @ 05/13/16 09:04 AM
Quote:
They said more info will be coming out next week so hopefully it's about Franchise.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.