Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 title update #6 is available now for PC users. Check out the details below.

The update is scheduled to arrive later for consoles, but an exact release date was not specified. Check out the details below.

UPDATE (5/18): The patch is now available for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

FIFA 16 Ultimate Team
  • Enhanced ability to message players about issues and updates.
  • Matchmaking improvements to help players find each other quicker.
  • Matchmaking rematch issues in FUT Online Draft.
Additional Fixes
  • Fixed the compare feature on leaderboards.
  • Fixed an issue with Player Career Mode accomplishments affecting Pro Clubs.
Source - EA

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gnemi @ 05/16/16 02:39 PM
Self-parody at this point.

UT, UT, and UT.

P.S. - UT

P.P.S. - FU, CM fans.

# 2 Matt10 @ 05/16/16 02:40 PM
I'll have to turn Origin offline now....oh well, never used it before.

# 3 stlducks @ 05/16/16 02:50 PM
This seems like a wasted title update.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

# 4 dubcity @ 05/16/16 03:20 PM
Lol, FIFA is the absolute worst when it comes to post-release gameplay support/improvements. Especially considering the money and manpower they possess. Been this way since FIFA 13. Career Mode may as well not exist, and gameplay is only touched when enough UT youtubers complain that it's too realistic.

# 5 TripleJay_X @ 05/16/16 04:56 PM
Quote:
Thank you to all FIFA fans who continue to provide their constructive feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums
aha, and whats with the people on other forums like this one? So every post about fifa feedback/whishes/issues/bugs is basically useless. good to know.

But if iirc my posts on the EA-FIFA Forum were useless aswell.

# 6 Resurrection403 @ 05/16/16 05:01 PM
So a giant middle finger to the rest of us hey? No fix to the loose ball glitch? Carry on, I suppose.

# 7 Altimus @ 05/16/16 05:41 PM
It's almost June, any gameplay changes\fixes at this point would be shocking.

# 8 Gnemi @ 05/16/16 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Yep, anything that was irredeemably broken by December of last year can now be considered a "feature" for the next year!

# 9 Matt10 @ 05/16/16 06:15 PM
I think we all have to lower our expectations on these updates. Honestly, it's just how it is. The uproar, from me, will be if they remove sliders. Of course a work around could be to do global player edits (in the PC version) like I've done in PES before, but that would be a last resort.

Every single year, FIFA has needed an adjustment in gameplay - they start to figure things out by the yearly title, but not by the title patches. No matter how many million views our slider thread gets seen, it's not enough to impact their decisions between patches.

In the end, UT makes more money, more views on YT and more validation that their game is getting played/shared/enjoyed. I've accepted that offline/CM will get the scraps.

The only way there will be real change is providing more content of gameplay wants/needs, and having an ambassador (i.e. Gamechanger) that actually cares about that. They have yet to accept my application btw

# 10 bad_philanthropy @ 05/16/16 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think we all have to lower our expectations on these updates. Honestly, it's just how it is. The uproar, from me, will be if they remove sliders. Of course a work around could be to do global player edits (in the PC version) like I've done in PES before, but that would be a last resort.

Every single year, FIFA has needed an adjustment in gameplay - they start to figure things out by the yearly title, but not by the title patches. No matter how many million views our slider thread gets seen, it's not enough to impact their decisions between patches.

In the end, UT makes more money, more views on YT and more validation that their game is getting played/shared/enjoyed. I've accepted that offline/CM will get the scraps.

The only way there will be real change is providing more content of gameplay wants/needs, and having an ambassador (i.e. Gamechanger) that actually cares about that. They have yet to accept my application btw
I really feel like FIFA's devs should go the NHL series way and have multiple game play styles ranging from arcade, simulation, and hardcore simulation. EA can use whichever is most appealing to their online players for those modes.

I'm not saying NHL does gameplay great or anything, but the gameplay is tuned very differently in each set.

# 11 dubcity @ 05/17/16 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus

Sad but true. I mean, we see NBA 2K and Madden tweaking gameplay deep into their playoffs, but we're lucky to get a single meaningful gameplay patch all year on FIFA. EA makes so much worldwide on UT that they really don't need to worry about any other mode. Sadly PES has no interest in being any different in that regard.

# 12 SpHSpH @ 05/17/16 09:15 AM
If given that any changes at this point are more likely to mess up what we have tuned (via all the slider work), I would prefer NO updates at all.

I have finally calibrated my own game play skills to work with FIFA16 and "Matt's Deadline Sliders + Preferences" (which, are terrific, by the way) ... I do not want any changes that will force me to "re-calibrate" again.

So ... yeah ... it does suck that UT is really all EA care about (seriously man ... it has been this way for too long ...) but so be it.

# 13 Gnemi @ 05/17/16 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

When Orion recently posted to the Community Sliders page, I really sympathized with where he was coming from. I stopped playing FIFA 16, cold turkey, around the same time. From January to last week, I played the game ZERO. It was probably the dozens of hours spent talking in circles about how to fix it that did me in, admittedly.

But first, some brief history:

Whereas FIFA 15 was a box of fresh turds the day it released, FIFA 16 was fantastic for 1.01, 1.02, and made better or at least still quite excellent with each patch.

Then, 1.05 happened. I felt, and still feel, betrayed by EA. From 2010 through 2016, I've played each game in the cycle pretty heavily. I slowed down in 15 because the game was inarguably terrible. I was on pace to play FIFA 16 more than any FIFA game in history until the 1.05 patch sent us on the same neverending tangents of how in the holy F to make it not suck.

In fairness, with or without sliders, 1.05 is nowhere near as awful as FIFA 15, I don't are what anybody says. But I don't know when/if I'll get over the fact that so many of us truly loved FIFA 16 before 1.05.

With all that acknowledged, I started playing FIFA 16 again this week, but through a pinched nose. Unless we all discover something drastic changing with EA's operations as they pertain to the FIFA series, I will never trust them again not to deliver a product that can be excellent one day and with a simple automatic download, ruined the next.

# 14 Matt10 @ 05/17/16 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
When Orion recently posted to the Community Sliders page, I really sympathized with where he was coming from. I stopped playing FIFA 16, cold turkey, around the same time. From January to last week, I played the game ZERO. It was probably the dozens of hours spent talking in circles about how to fix it that did me in, admittedly.

But first, some brief history:

Whereas FIFA 15 was a box of fresh turds the day it released, FIFA 16 was fantastic for 1.01, 1.02, and made better or at least still quite excellent with each patch.

Then, 1.05 happened. I felt, and still feel, betrayed by EA. From 2010 through 2016, I've played each game in the cycle pretty heavily. I slowed down in 15 because the game was inarguably terrible. I was on pace to play FIFA 16 more than any FIFA game in history until the 1.05 patch sent us on the same neverending tangents of how in the holy F to make it not suck.

In fairness, with or without sliders, 1.05 is nowhere near as awful as FIFA 15, I don't are what anybody says. But I don't know when/if I'll get over the fact that so many of us truly loved FIFA 16 before 1.05.

With all that acknowledged, I started playing FIFA 16 again this week, but through a pinched nose. Unless we all discover something drastic changing with EA's operations as they pertain to the FIFA series, I will never trust them again not to deliver a product that can be excellent one day and with a simple automatic download, ruined the next.
Yeah, I'd definitely agree with the fact that 1.05 back-tracked the game quite a bit. It was really unfortunate because out of the box the game was very close, then 1.02 had it just right.

The toughest part about wanting realism is accepting the fact that it's going to be an uphill battle the whole way. I remember our many discussions when the game came out about how we were sure this wasn't going to last - and sure enough, it didn't.

It's very difficult to swallow the fact that you are placed as the very last priority in EA's plans. I've never understood it though because if you take care of the ultra-sim crowd, you will take care of the FUT crowd as well. It's much easier to scale down from ultra-realism than it is to scale up to it. This is evidence by a certain 1 million view thread, geared to try every single combination to scale the game up to realism.

Personally, I am fully content with how my FIFA 16 is playing. There are some "wants", but for what this current platform is limited to, it's working just fine - and I cannot put the damn game down at the moment.

# 15 DBMcGee3 @ 05/17/16 02:00 PM
I'm curious as to what everyone found so game-breaking about the last patch. I'm far from an every day player, but I have played several times in the past few months and nothing jumped out to me as being drastically different from earlier in the season.

I play 30 minute games, Normal speed and World Class difficulty, but my scores and stats are generally pretty realistic, and I don't feel like the CPU is in any way overly predictable or boring in their style of play. They take chances, both passing and shooting, they make mistakes from time to time, and they typically play solid defense, which is something I can never get from CPU defenders in PES.

Sounds like most of you guys have much more knowledge about this topic than I do though, so I'd love to hear what you all think.

# 16 papinho81 @ 05/18/16 04:08 AM
So are your guys turning your machine off connection to avoid any risk of gameplay changes not communicated by EA? It would not be the first time we experience unexpected changes based on the description of the patch release.

# 17 TripleJay_X @ 05/18/16 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I'm curious as to what everyone found so game-breaking about the last patch. I'm far from an every day player, but I have played several times in the past few months and nothing jumped out to me as being drastically different from earlier in the season.

I play 30 minute games, Normal speed and World Class difficulty, but my scores and stats are generally pretty realistic, and I don't feel like the CPU is in any way overly predictable or boring in their style of play. They take chances, both passing and shooting, they make mistakes from time to time, and they typically play solid defense, which is something I can never get from CPU defenders in PES.

Sounds like most of you guys have much more knowledge about this topic than I do though, so I'd love to hear what you all think.
couldn't feel any changes since the game was released in september...the only thing i felt in gameplay, they tuned the penalty-sensitivy for AI. I'm playing on manual/slow/professional and have some tough times to beat the AI (scoring a goal). Gameplaywise i don't have any big criticism, just odd that small teams have a ball-posession of >50% against me.

# 18 TripleJay_X @ 05/18/16 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
So are your guys turning your machine off connection to avoid any risk of gameplay changes not communicated by EA? It would not be the first time we experience unexpected changes based on the description of the patch release.
na, i download everything. If it's really bad you still can complain. but read my post above for gameplay changes with new patches.

# 19 Steve_OS @ 05/18/16 08:00 AM
Updated the OP. The patch is now available for all consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 20 bad_philanthropy @ 05/18/16 08:54 AM
Surprised the patch is ~400mb on consoles. Anyone notice any unannounced gameplay differences?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.