Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has announced the addition of 2K StreamCast for the inaugural competitive eSports competition, Road to the Finals, starting May 21. This allows players to spectate NBA 2K16 games both in-progress and once they’re finished, from Xbox One and PS4 consoles.

You’ll be able to hop in live to watch games streamed directly from your console. All Road to the Finals games will also be on-demand once they’ve ended, for you to view whenever you want.

Sixteen teams will be facing off from 10am – 6pm PST to determine the two finalists that will compete for the championship on June 1. You can check out the Road to the Finals bracket here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NoLeafClover @ 05/18/16 12:34 AM
Time to preorder some bottles of wine to go along with all the cheese while viewing

# 2 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/18/16 04:13 AM
Now I'm really convinced this is the only reason patch 6 was released

# 3 XxSpiritHunterX @ 05/18/16 06:32 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I might sit back with some popcorn and a drink and watch them struggle to cheese. Besides that, I'm glad we're getting a StreamCast in the game, but maybe they should add in a mode—oh I don't know—maybe myLeague Online? I don't see the point in ONLY adding this for the RTTF "competition".

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 4 Junior Moe @ 05/18/16 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
I'm not gonna lie, I might sit back with some popcorn and a drink and watch them struggle to cheese. Besides that, I'm glad we're getting a StreamCast in the game, but maybe they should add in a mode—oh I don't know—maybe myLeague Online? I don't see the point in ONLY adding this for the RTTF "competition".

I'm not an online guy but it would be cool to watch two sim ML online guys duke it out in the NBA Finals of their season.

# 5 tru11 @ 05/18/16 08:28 AM
Quote:

that would be a great idea.

as a comish you would be able to see for yourself if someone is cheesing or not and i know people would love to tune in for the play offs or high profile games.

praying madden also would add something like this to.

# 6 E The Rhymer @ 05/18/16 09:26 AM
Lol can't wait to watch the attempts at a cheese fest that is gonna take place followed by the struggles to run a very very poor offense when the breakstarter and speedboost don't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 7 SpeedyClaxton @ 05/18/16 09:51 AM
People cheese for meaningless VC & win streak now imaginee amount of cheesing for actual cash tho..

# 8 Jrocc23 @ 05/18/16 11:01 AM
This is really cool addition. I've never seen nothing like this for a sports game. So maybe in 2K17, this feature could be used in MyLeague.

About RTTF. It sucks they patched all this AFTER most of the gimmicky teams qualified doing all the things they patched. If they did it beforehand, I think they'd have more legit players that actually knows how to play. Definitely will check it out for a little though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 9 ksuttonjr76 @ 05/18/16 11:25 AM
Quote:

Don't take my word for it, but wouldn't that be pretty "taxing" on the network to be able to accomplish something like that? Thousands of people watching some games is one thing...thousands of people streaming and archiving games is asking a lot.

# 10 Man2ManD @ 05/18/16 12:35 PM
Any way to watch for those who don't own a console? Will it be uploaded to youtube? I just want to have some good laughs.

# 11 VinsanityFNBA @ 05/18/16 06:21 PM
Would be great for MyLeagueOnline... At least for me!

I still remember the times when we had all live stats on the website. Perfect to scout opponents!

# 12 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/18/16 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Don't take my word for it, but wouldn't that be pretty "taxing" on the network to be able to accomplish something like that? Thousands of people watching some games is one thing...thousands of people streaming and archiving games is asking a lot.
I thought he was talking about a play now online tourney kind of like pro am.

# 13 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/18/16 08:23 PM
On the Xbox one bracket to the right . I see Late night Crew legends and latenightcrew. Are they not the same team ?

# 14 SeaTownGamer @ 05/19/16 05:41 AM
Funny I played Original Dragon Kings last night. They beat us but not by 47 which was their average margin of victory.

# 15 KingTocco @ 05/19/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Will be rooting for Throwdown on Xbox1. Played against them atleast 5 times and they were cheesing just like everyone else before the patch but after the patch they started spamming the pick and roll with shooters in corners and inside point guard.

Is this a win and move on bracket like nfl or will there be multiple game series.
Why would you root for them then?

I personally hope all these teams lose and no one wins just because of how stupid the qualifications were to make it this far, it took no actual basketball knowledge whatsoever.

# 16 SpeedyClaxton @ 05/19/16 12:56 PM
To dominate in game like 2K16 against human opponents and i am talking about modes like MyPark, Pro-Am or just online head to heads you need ZERO basketball knowledge or skill. You only need to exploit certain areas of game, with that being said it's stupid thing to even organize eSports championship for such game.

Totally different thing is eSports tournaments in counter strike or starcraft where you actually need to think, have certain tactics and good reflexes (CS) and even though i don't play those games, tournaments makes sense because Koreans are really into that putting so much effort into strategy and execution of the same.

For this 2K sports championship is really a 'who can cheese better contest'.
When 2K becomes skill-based basketball game then we can talk about eSports championships & tournaments but until then is just who can cheese better and more successful.

# 17 The 24th Letter @ 05/19/16 02:02 PM
Bro, you say a different version of that paragraph just about every day.....we got it.

# 18 SpeedyClaxton @ 05/19/16 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Bro, you say a different version of that paragraph just about every day.....we got it.
So what, if people can create dozens of threads to ask for headbands, accessory colors & correct jersey collars i can ask for better gameplay.

# 19 The 24th Letter @ 05/19/16 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
So what, if people can create dozens of threads to ask for headbands, accessory colors & correct jersey collars i can ask for better gameplay.
Those threads don't exist though.

It's spamming. It's not feedback at all, just paragraph after paragraph about how you feel about the game. There's a wishlist threads even threads at touch on specific things. You don't have to invade every thread with that same spiel.

# 20 snocone @ 05/19/16 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
To dominate in game like 2K16 against human opponents and i am talking about modes like MyPark, Pro-Am or just online head to heads you need ZERO basketball knowledge or skill. You only need to exploit certain areas of game, with that being said it's stupid thing to even organize eSports championship for such game.

Totally different thing is eSports tournaments in counter strike or starcraft where you actually need to think, have certain tactics and good reflexes (CS) and even though i don't play those games, tournaments makes sense because Koreans are really into that putting so much effort into strategy and execution of the same.

For this 2K sports championship is really a 'who can cheese better contest'.
When 2K becomes skill-based basketball game then we can talk about eSports championships & tournaments but until then is just who can cheese better and more successful.
One could easily argue that cheesing is a skill, even if it is one that should be minimized

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.