Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A new Madden NFL 17 blog has just arrived going over many new details on the running game, including special moves, takeout interaction system and much more.

Quote:
"Madden NFL 17 will feature a broad cast of new Ball Carrier mechanics to keep all Madden players engaged, from beginners to the hard core. Using modifiers, there are now four unique tactics available to customize the running game. In combination with the Fakeout Interactions, all carry their own risks and rewards. The four special-move types are: Standard, Speed (RT/R2), Precision (LT/L2) & Steerable (RT/R2 + LT/L2)."

I won't lie, I'm worried some of this stuff is getting a bit too complicated (think: fighting games and their convoluted control schemes) -- as there are a lot of different combinations to now memorize. Thankfully, the Madden team has thought about this with a couple of smart design decisions.

Quote:
"There’s some new tools available in Madden NFL 17 to make the user a better and more creative ball carrier, including recommended special-move prompts, projected path indicator, special-move feedback text and a setting-specific ball-carrier threat cone."

This will obviously be something which is able to be toggle on/off (On by default in Rookie/Pro modes). This on-screen feedback will help you figure out what you are doing right and wrong which should, in theory, make you better at using the moves. That's a nice little touch.

NOTE: Tackle Battle is on for all difficulty levels with no way to turn it off.

Quote:
"There are three unique ways to experience running the ball via the Ball Carrier Special Moves setting, which allows the user to customize the ground-game experience to his or her own liking (Auto, Assist, Manual)"

These three settings will allow anyone to take advantage of the new moves and not feel overwhelmed. Auto will be what it sounds like, the AI will make the moves as you simply steer the player. Assist will be a nice mix between full manual and full auto control.

The special moves sound like they're taking every level of Madden user into account, which makes them more appealing on the surface. What do you think? Read the full post and leave a comment below!

Source - Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Reed1417 @ 05/18/16 05:54 PM
Really wanna see this in motion. But it sounds interesting honestly.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 22 mrprice33 @ 05/18/16 05:54 PM
Now answering questions about the blog here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...irst-post.html

# 23 avwhitechic @ 05/18/16 05:56 PM
I was all ears till I read Button mash to determine tackle outcome...sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 jeremym480 @ 05/18/16 05:57 PM
This sounds good on paper... for me, as long as juke's and cuts are responsive like they were way back when and power backs are more useful, then I will be pretty happy.

# 25 OhMrHanky @ 05/18/16 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

Something tells me we might see the return of that Pro-Tak beast mode play where the player is wrapped up by a ton of players and magically breaks free for the auto TD lol. Hope not but either way this sounds good
Lol. I LOVED that animation. That game was made during Michael Turner's heyday, and he, legit broke those type of tackles a few times. So, for me, it felt realistic when it happened because I expected Turner to do that from time to time. Not, every time, of course, and not every game, which he didn't for me, but, man, I was impressed they actually added an animation like that to play out with that many defenders.

# 26 mrprice33 @ 05/18/16 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic

It's not button mash. It's timing-based. Also, doesn't happen on every tackle.

# 27 SolidSquid @ 05/18/16 06:01 PM
Quote:

Technically it's just whoever presses it first not a mash, but I agree 100% lol. Even the name sounds gimmicky "Tackle Battle"

# 28 prhiam @ 05/18/16 06:04 PM
I think some people just didn't read the tackle battle portion correctly. This is a timing based system that uses calculations based on skill settings. I hope that it factors in weight too, but not sure. I like this because for the last few years it has been a mash the button to break some of the bad tackle animations. Just wiggle the stick a bunch, break a tackle. This appears to be a great way to take this, can't believe the hate for it.

# 29 avwhitechic @ 05/18/16 06:05 PM
It's the same feature from before, just re-worded

# 30 mrprice33 @ 05/18/16 06:05 PM
Quote:
It's the same feature from before, just re-worded

Is it tho?

# 31 DeuceDouglas @ 05/18/16 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. I LOVED that animation. That game was made during Michael Turner's heyday, and he, legit broke those type of tackles a few times. So, for me, it felt realistic when it happened because I expected Turner to do that from time to time. Not, every time, of course, and not every game, which he didn't for me, but, man, I was impressed they actually added an animation like that to play out with that many defenders.
Haha the reason why I hated it was because it seemed like it happened at like a 10:1 ratio against me rather than for me. I'd come up see four or five of my guys latch on and just knew what was about to happen and then watch them fall off one by one as the ball carrier comes high stepping out of it and you knew he was going to the house leaving half my defense in his wake lol.

# 32 avwhitechic @ 05/18/16 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Is it tho?

I'm really hoping not, but this sounds like the pro-tak Madden re wrapped. I'm probably tripping tho, Madden does that to me[emoji23] Hoping for a great solid game this year

# 33 jpdavis82 @ 05/18/16 06:11 PM
Clint is giving us a blog to break down Tackle Battle in detail

# 34 mrprice33 @ 05/18/16 06:11 PM
Quote:
I'm really hoping not, but this sounds like the pro-tak Madden re wrapped. I'm probably tripping tho, Madden does that to me[emoji23] Hoping for a great solid game this year
Having played it, I can assure you it's not Pro-Tak.

# 35 SolidSquid @ 05/18/16 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
I like everything I read, I will probably use the ball carrier setting on Assist without visual feedback because I feel the user should not be responsible for all the moves a ball carrier does. Things like trucking or even the stiff arm should be done automatically.

And contrary to what seemly most people think here I like the Tackle Battles, I rather have this than an canned pre-determined animation in which I have no control over the outcome.

Now one question, jukes are cool but which of these move sets will simply allow a back to plant their foot and hit the hole with explosiveness like Ezekiel Elliot.
It will still be a canned animation the only difference is user input(who ever presses the button first) will determine what animation plays out.

# 36 Steve_OS @ 05/18/16 06:29 PM
Just received word that Tackle Battle is on all difficulty levels and can NOT be turned off.

But don't knock it, til you try it. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

# 37 TDKing @ 05/18/16 06:30 PM
Tackle battle? Really , who comes up with this stuff. Hopefully we can turn this off. Doh!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

# 38 Cowboy008 @ 05/18/16 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just received word that Tackle Battle is on all difficulty levels and can NOT be turned off.

That is disappointing. It will completely take you out of the immersion seeing a button icon pop up over the players head.

# 39 SolidSquid @ 05/18/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Dang. My only hope now is that there's not a giant square button over my guys head. Hope it's as minimal as possible.

# 40 Scott @ 05/18/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Tackle battle? Really , who comes up with this stuff. Hopefully we can turn this off. Doh!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
We haven't even see it in action yet. Relax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.