Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

A new Madden NFL 17 blog has just arrived going over many new details on the running game, including special moves, takeout interaction system and much more.

Quote:
"Madden NFL 17 will feature a broad cast of new Ball Carrier mechanics to keep all Madden players engaged, from beginners to the hard core. Using modifiers, there are now four unique tactics available to customize the running game. In combination with the Fakeout Interactions, all carry their own risks and rewards. The four special-move types are: Standard, Speed (RT/R2), Precision (LT/L2) & Steerable (RT/R2 + LT/L2)."

I won't lie, I'm worried some of this stuff is getting a bit too complicated (think: fighting games and their convoluted control schemes) -- as there are a lot of different combinations to now memorize. Thankfully, the Madden team has thought about this with a couple of smart design decisions.

Quote:
"There’s some new tools available in Madden NFL 17 to make the user a better and more creative ball carrier, including recommended special-move prompts, projected path indicator, special-move feedback text and a setting-specific ball-carrier threat cone."

This will obviously be something which is able to be toggle on/off (On by default in Rookie/Pro modes). This on-screen feedback will help you figure out what you are doing right and wrong which should, in theory, make you better at using the moves. That's a nice little touch.

NOTE: Tackle Battle is on for all difficulty levels with no way to turn it off.

Quote:
"There are three unique ways to experience running the ball via the Ball Carrier Special Moves setting, which allows the user to customize the ground-game experience to his or her own liking (Auto, Assist, Manual)"

These three settings will allow anyone to take advantage of the new moves and not feel overwhelmed. Auto will be what it sounds like, the AI will make the moves as you simply steer the player. Assist will be a nice mix between full manual and full auto control.

The special moves sound like they're taking every level of Madden user into account, which makes them more appealing on the surface. What do you think? Read the full post and leave a comment below!

Source - Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Ball Carrier Special Moves

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 DeuceDouglas @ 05/18/16 06:36 PM

For the equipment guys, it looks like they've thickened the facemasks as well as changed the proportions on the Revo Speed shell to be more accurate. I could be wrong but it looks to be the case.

# 42 SolidSquid @ 05/18/16 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
We haven't even see it in action yet. Relax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I'm sure some done actually need to see it in action. I simply don't want a button popping up breaking immersion for me especially when I can turn every other indicator off. Also coach mode players are going to lose every "tackle battle"

# 43 SolidSquid @ 05/18/16 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

For the equipment guys, it looks like they've thickened the facemasks as well as changed the proportions on the Revo Speed shell to be more accurate. I could be wrong but it looks to be the case.
Also new padded linemen gloves

# 44 NDAlum @ 05/18/16 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just received word that Tackle Battle is on all difficulty levels and can NOT be turned off.

But don't knock it, til you try it. Looking forward to seeing it in action.
I'M KNOCKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I can live with it because of all the other stuff. If this was a headliner feature I'd be way more disappointed.

# 45 jmurphy31 @ 05/18/16 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I'm sure some done actually need to see it in action. I simply don't want a button popping up breaking immersion for me especially when I can turn every other indicator off. Also coach mode players are going to lose every "tackle battle"

Or how will it work if youre playing vs the CPU. Is it a timed event. Like you have to click the icon before it disappears?

# 46 SolidSquid @ 05/18/16 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Or how will it work if youre playing vs the CPU. Is it a timed event. Like you have to click the icon before it disappears?
I'm sure based on the difficulty you play the cpu will always hit the correct button in X seconds. You prob just have to hit it before they do.

# 47 jmurphy31 @ 05/18/16 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I'm sure based on the difficulty you play the cpu will always hit the correct button in X seconds. You prob just have to hit it before they do.
If its x amount of seconds on different levels and you know where/when to look for it, will it be something that becomes too easy and you always break or make the tackle vs the cpu.

# 48 DeuceDouglas @ 05/18/16 06:46 PM
Quote:
If its x amount of seconds on different levels and you know where/when to look for it, will it be something that becomes too easy and you always break or make the tackle vs the cpu.
I think it will be one of those things where it will vary for the CPU. Sometimes they'll hit it absurdly quick and you won't stand a chance and then others they'll hit it a little late and so on. And the higher level you're on, the more consistent the CPU will probably be with they're timing of it.

# 49 SolidSquid @ 05/18/16 06:46 PM
Quote:
I'm not a programmer so idk but if on all pro you get one second to hit it and the cpu already knows the button and you have the choice of 4 buttons it might not be too bad. But again I'm just assuming

# 50 DeuceDouglas @ 05/18/16 06:48 PM
One question I have is are plays limited to one "Tackle Battle" per play? Lol, such an odd feeling question. But what I'm asking is if a player wins one tackle battle, is there an equally likely chance of the tackle battle activating again with the next defender?

# 51 Tatupu_64 @ 05/18/16 06:53 PM
I like the tackle break feature. There should be an element of human control to breaking a tackle. We can juke, stiff arm, spin, and truck. Why should we not be in control of what happens when we collide with a defender? I always found it frustrating with Lynch that I would get hit in the open field and I could fight the guy off

The only thing I wish they had done differently is tier-ing. I would have liked to see 95-99 as elite, 90-94 as great, and then gone 80-89, >80

# 52 mrprice33 @ 05/18/16 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think it will be one of those things where it will vary for the CPU. Sometimes they'll hit it absurdly quick and you won't stand a chance and then others they'll hit it a little late and so on. And the higher level you're on, the more consistent the CPU will probably be with they're timing of it.
If only there was a thread in which you could ask these types of questions

# 53 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/18/16 07:42 PM
I like the sound of these new ball carrying moves as it's one step closer to signature animation packages which Madden desperately needs. Once EA starts to differentiate how players animate especially RB's, it'll take Madden to the next level.

I hope RB's use push offs when running up the back of a lineman or lead blockers & not just spin. Push offs were in Madden 16 but not nearly used enough when the situation called for it. Im ok with push offs happening contextually but they need to trigger way more often.

# 54 MAGboyswifT27 @ 05/18/16 07:43 PM
Interesting... wonder what it'll look and feel like...???

# 55 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/18/16 07:43 PM
I like the sound of these new ball carrying moves as it's one step closer to signature animation packages which Madden desperately needs. Once EA starts to differentiate how players animate especially RB's, it'll take Madden to the next level.

I hope RB's use push offs when running up the back of a lineman or lead blockers & not just spin. Push offs were in Madden 16 but not nearly used enough when the situation called for it. Im ok with push offs happening contextually but they need to trigger way more often.

# 56 Allball76 @ 05/18/16 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I'M KNOCKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I can live with it because of all the other stuff. If this was a headliner feature I'd be way more disappointed.
I was turned off myself but let's hope lower body weight and rating factors in this like they say . If so then I can see bell,Ivory and Peterson being effective and other big backs and let's hope with that lower body weight fast small backs almost never get out ! If ratings and weight have more to do with it like 2k free throw shooting yes it's up to the user but Shaq's meter moves fast ! Haha making the best of it I guess the power backs are back lol

# 57 Allball76 @ 05/18/16 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
I like the tackle break feature. There should be an element of human control to breaking a tackle. We can juke, stiff arm, spin, and truck. Why should we not be in control of what happens when we collide with a defender? I always found it frustrating with Lynch that I would get hit in the open field and I could fight the guy off

The only thing I wish they had done differently is tier-ing. I would have liked to see 95-99 as elite, 90-94 as great, and then gone 80-89, >80
Yes elite your right 95 plus

# 58 RexDEAFootball @ 05/18/16 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That is disappointing. It will completely take you out of the immersion seeing a button icon pop up over the players head.
We've been doing this for 3 years now. WR icons last year, tackle and off the line mechanics the year before that.

# 59 RogueHominid @ 05/18/16 07:58 PM
This was an interesting read up until the point where the phrase "tackle battles" occurs. At that point, I laughed.

I wonder what demographic of football fan/gamer picks up a football game and says: "Hey, what I need is a button to mash while my player is getting tackled. That would be SO much more gratifying than simply watching a well-animated tackle!"

Maybe others are more into that kind of thing than I am; I'm sure they have analytics on this stuff. For my money, I'd like to be able to turn this stuff off.

# 60 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/18/16 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just received word that Tackle Battle is on all difficulty levels and can NOT be turned off.

But don't knock it, til you try it. Looking forward to seeing it in action.
No No No EA! I'm not saying the tackle battle is a bad idea (need to see it in action 1st), but never implement on screen queues without giving us an option to turn it off. EA should know this by now. It'll be a huge mistake if they don't at least give us an option to turn off the on screen pop ups. I personally don't want any assists, on screen pop ups, clutter, etc.. on my screen when playing. EA needs to reconsider this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.