Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Cavicchi @ 05/24/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yes I did. I'm responding simply to what I've bolded below.

In the future, before making accusations, make sure you are correct to do so because again, he did quote your post in his reply which you accused him of not doing.
So you are concerned about that but not about him telling me to change Lindor in the roster I never downloaded.

Okay, friend.

# 82 kehlis @ 05/24/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Further clarification:

He tells me to change it like it's a problem in the roster. I am not using his roster, nor have I downloaded his roster. I don't have a problem with Lindor in the roster I'm using, and no need to do anything with his overall or potential.

Thus, based on what I wrote and what he's telling me, there is a significant difference and his implication is wrong.
I don't care about that. If you aren't happy with the response move on to another thread.

My post was telling you that you were wrong to accuse him of not doing something he did. I've clearly pointed it out and as much as you want to avoid that you can't.

My suggestion would be to just most on to a new thread or roster set if you don't think you would be content with this one if you downloaded it.

# 83 kehlis @ 05/24/16 07:07 PM
Quote:
So you are concerned about that but not about him telling me to change Lindor in the roster I never downloaded.

Okay, friend.
No I don't care at all about that. It's their roster. You can choose to do what they suggest or you can move on.

But you can't sit in this thread and complain when given a solution that you choose to not take.

# 84 jvalverde88 @ 05/24/16 07:22 PM
Quote:

Okay, friend.
If you're not using the roster then why do you care what is his potential/rating in this roster?

# 85 Russia0524 @ 05/24/16 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
If you're not using the roster then why do you care what is his potential/rating in this roster?
I would speculate that it's perhaps to determine if this roster is something that he wants to download.

# 86 Nulap @ 05/24/16 07:48 PM
Dear Oreos,

I have neither purchased your product nor ever eaten one. However I believe that you need to change an ingredient because it is wrong.

Sheesh

Anyway...I love the roster and will be starting my franchise soon. It seems that, at least in RttS, many earlier than anticipated retirements occur after the 1st season. I imagine it has something to do with ai, player contracts and lack of 30 team control. No issues otherwise and I can't wait to start my franchise now!

# 87 JoseBerrio @ 05/24/16 07:56 PM
Taking into account that the roster includes real contracts, would you recommend to start the franchise ignoring budgets considering that I want to go multiple seasons?

Thanks!

# 88 bobloblah1980 @ 05/24/16 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseBerrio
Taking into account that the roster includes real contracts, would you recommend to start the franchise ignoring budgets considering that I want to go multiple seasons?

Thanks!
With the testing that all of us did throughout the process the real contracts shouldn't affect the budgets in future years.. I personally don't use budgets . But I believe either WTNY or Willard was following the budgets as they simmed and they seemed to balance out just fine

# 89 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Ding ding ding. That's the off-putting part. No need to comment on a product you don't actually use. Nobody wants to read that review anyhow.

A healthy disagreement on the future of Francisco Lindor is perfectly fine, but I really don't understand the compulsion that some people have to post in a thread that doesn't affect them or why there is the compulsion to post that they won't use something, as if merely the act of making that post actually matters.

# 90 Speedy @ 05/24/16 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksInSix
Currently I am doing full equipment edits to all players currently on big league rosters. I finished the Orioles last night, and only then did I realize how massive this job will be. I will be creating a separate thread if anyone wants to track my progress, and help!
I thought ShowTime's equipment edits from OSFM is incorporated?

# 91 adam42381 @ 05/24/16 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm not sure if you saw it, but in the previous thread I suggested sliders to use in simmed games.

SP STAM = 1
RP STAM = 6
Manager Hook = 5
Injuries = 8

The SP Stamina slider sort of functions as a switch in this roster. Lower it for more offense, raise it for more pitching.

The problem you are having might be related to not having these set as intended.
Do I need to change the sliders for games I play with my team then change them back when simming CPU games?

# 92 Speedy @ 05/24/16 08:32 PM
Quote:
I believe that was for the minor league players only? Just from doing the Orioles last night, everything about Machado was wrong. I completely understand players adjust gear as the season progresses, but he was not equipped with any Evo Shield guards, or anything else he currently rocks on game day. Same could be said for most of the Oriole Players. I completely understand this addition does nothing for most gamers, but I figured if by posting my work I make the game that much better for even one person, than sign me up!
Sounds good.

# 93 redsoxfan31 @ 05/24/16 09:03 PM
Quote:
First off, wow, what a roster! Played a few exhibition games last night, and the game felt as good as it ever has. WTNY, Willard, and staff I tip my cap to you!

Currently I am doing full equipment edits to all players currently on big league rosters. I finished the Orioles last night, and only then did I realize how massive this job will be. I will be creating a separate thread if anyone wants to track my progress, and help!
I was attempting to do this but wasn't able to find much information, that could be because I was just looking for equipment edit threads on here. How are you planning on doing it? May be able to give you a hand

# 94 Scott @ 05/24/16 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam42381
Do I need to change the sliders for games I play with my team then change them back when simming CPU games?
Correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 95 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I thought ShowTime's equipment edits from OSFM is incorporated?
Quote:
I believe that was for the minor league players only? Just from doing the Orioles last night, everything about Machado was wrong. I completely understand players adjust gear as the season progresses, but he was not equipped with any Evo Shield guards, or anything else he currently rocks on game day. Same could be said for most of the Oriole Players. I completely understand this addition does nothing for most gamers, but I figured if by posting my work I make the game that much better for even one person, then sign me up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Sounds good.
We used a different Sony roster update base than OSFM, so if they did add equipment to major league players for OSFM, it wouldn't be in this roster. We've mentioned multiple times that we didn't do a thorough overhaul of equipment.

As for the minor league players, not only do we have whatever equipment was done in OSFM v1.5, but maybe 500 or so players have been overwritten with new players and would have updated equipment in some cases as well.

The only major league equipment that we did was whatever Willard did to the Blue Jays and all of the detailed edits I input for the Phillies (h/t to PhilliesFan13). All the other teams had (if there even was a thread at all) was a melting pot of misc information, not a straight equipment edits thread. There was no time to sort through tens of irrelevant posts to get to 1 or 2 that had equipment in them, which is why the Phillies got the white-glove treatment. If there had been 30 teams with their own equipment thread with the quality and ease of access like the Phillies had, this roster would have totally up to date equipment. Nobody was willing to do the leg work, though, myself included.

# 96 esham313 @ 05/24/16 09:44 PM
Quote:
So last night when I redid the Baltimore Orioles I used a two headed attack. First, I started off with Getty Images for most recent home, road, day, and night pictures. If Getty was not giving me the looks I needed, I opened up my MLB TV app and replayed old games, and paused when I got the looks I needed. I am more than happy to work with others to get this out quicker (without sacrificing quality of course) to the OS Community! I will be creating a separate thread shortly so these talks can continue without filling up this thread. All the talk in this thread should be about how truly amazing the Hybrid Roster is!
I commend you! I started the same thing when OSFM 1.5 dropped and finished AL East, AL Central and then gave up lol. Took me about 1.5 hours to 2 hours per team. Now I just edit the team I face in my next franchise series.

# 97 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam42381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
And if I can add to this, what I do is save 2 slider sets (before someone asks again, no, I don't have any slider suggestions) whatever I like for games and then I change the SP STAM, RP STAM, and manager hook to optimize for the simmed games. I just load whichever set is appropriate for what I'm doing. It sounds like too much work, but I find that it gets natural to do and is extremely immersive to have such an accurate statistical context for your league. In other words, I believe it's well worth it.

# 98 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 10:18 PM
Quote:
WTNY, what you have given the OS Community is a true masterpiece. Let the OCD guys like me handle the tedious, cosmetic stuff that truly has no bearing on the game itself, and enjoy your work! As far as I am concerened, you and your team have out done yourself. I say each year Hybrid cannot get any better, and once again you have proved me wrong sir.
Sounds good. Could I request that the actual edits for your project be posted in your thread (ala the Phillies thread, but with spoilers perhaps) so that pre-existing franchises have the option of editing their rosters at some point? That way, when you're finished, people wouldn't have to re-start their franchise to get the benefit of having up-to-date edits in there, they'd just have to be willing to input the published edits on their own. I realize that updating/curating a list on the forum would add more work than simply entering it into the game and I would totally understand if that's not a direction you'd want to go in.

# 99 ShowTyme15 @ 05/24/16 10:43 PM
Not trying to hijack here. Just responding to Speedy.

I am putting out a roster with full MLB and MiLB equipment edits. I have one team left to do (SF Giants) should be done before the weekend hopefully.

The only thing is it's an OSFM version (Doesn't have the stats glitch) and not the Hybrid.

EDIT: When I say full edits I mean 100% every single player. It's literally taken 2 months to complete.

# 100 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Not trying to hijack here. Just responding to Speedy.

I am putting out a roster with full MLB and MiLB equipment edits. I have one team left to do (SF Giants) should be done before the weekend hopefully.

The only thing is it's an OSFM version (Doesn't have the stats glitch) and not the Hybrid.

EDIT: When I say full edits I mean 100% every single player. It's literally taken 2 months to complete.
Any chance you've written down what you've changed anywhere? Or is it going directly into the roster with no formal list being made? I think a lot of people would be interested in a list to use for their own pre-existing franchises of various types.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.