Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 kamackeris76 @ 05/25/16 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm not sure if you saw it, but in the previous thread I suggested sliders to use in simmed games.

SP STAM = 1
RP STAM = 6
Manager Hook = 5
Injuries = 8

The SP Stamina slider sort of functions as a switch in this roster. Lower it for more offense, raise it for more pitching.

The problem you are having might be related to not having these set as intended.
Hi. Loving the rosters. I too have noticed the era is a bit lower than real life when simming .... Just simmed using your adjustments to present day and while irl its around a 4 average I keep getting around 3.68 era. Same when I use armor and swords sliders for simming also. Do I need to just ignore that and get in with it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 122 keymax @ 05/25/16 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Roster looks great, I just have one issue. I'm not sure if it's this way on every team (haven't had a chance to look) but I noticed with my Cubs there's a few minor league RP's rated higher than the guys in the MLB bullpen. I know overalls aren't everything but when I looked at individual ratings they had H/9 and HR/9 ratings that were in the 80's. One was Spencer Patton and I forget who the others were but none were prospects. I guess I'm not understanding how projections for Spencer Patton could be that high when he's basically minor league bullpen filler.
That's on the projection systems though. They can't really project AAAA players. And they tend to overrate minor leaguers. That's my gripe with WAR as well that it pretends that replacement level guys just grow on trees. But I digress..

# 123 Cavicchi @ 05/25/16 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
If you're not using the roster then why do you care what is his potential/rating in this roster?
I was doing the unthinkable here, expressing an opinion. If you read my first post in this thread, I believe it should make the reason quite clear to you.

# 124 Scott @ 05/25/16 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I was doing the unthinkable here, expressing an opinion. If you read my first post in this thread, I believe it should make the reason quite clear to you.
Just stop already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 125 bobloblah1980 @ 05/25/16 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Hi. Loving the rosters. I too have noticed the era is a bit lower than real life when simming .... Just simmed using your adjustments to present day and while irl its around a 4 average I keep getting around 3.68 era. Same when I use armor and swords sliders for simming also. Do I need to just ignore that and get in with it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Try lowering sp stamina to 0 then and RP to 3 for simming only

# 126 Scrapps @ 05/25/16 12:17 PM
Quote:
Expressing an opinion on something that you have no intention of using, or even looking at? Yeah, still doesn't really clarify anything. But, whatever.

# 127 Cavicchi @ 05/25/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Expressing an opinion on something that you have no intention of using, or even looking at? Yeah, still doesn't really clarify anything. But, whatever.
I haven't downloaded the roster, but going off what Bat said about Lindor, and the reply interests me. I am of the opinion what players do in the majors supersedes what they did in the minors. Lindor has had 564 at bats in the majors and hitting .312 along with 20 SB (8-1 this year), and in my estimation is without question an A potential. I see him as a potential gold glove shortstop who hits well and a fine baserunner.

Bottom line--564 at bats is pretty much a full season, and I think that supersedes what Lindor hit in the minors.

# 128 Councilmann_Jamm @ 05/25/16 12:32 PM
Quote:
I haven't downloaded the roster, but going off what Bat said about Lindor, and the reply interests me. I am of the opinion what players do in the majors supersedes what they did in the minors. Lindor has had 564 at bats in the majors and hitting .312 along with 20 SB (8-1 this year), and in my estimation is without question an A potential. I see him as a potential gold glove shortstop who hits well and a fine baserunner.

Bottom line--564 at bats is pretty much a full season, and I think that supersedes what Lindor hit in the minors.

88 OVR potential is not that much different than 92. Doesn't make sense to complain so much over such a small thing. He's been in league for two years. As you play YOUR franchise. His potential will changed anyway after year 1 based on his statistics. He could be a 82 Potetial or 95 potential. Every player had potential rerated, so an 88 for a 2 year pro doesn't seem bad. But HEY whatever gets your blood boiling

# 129 Cavicchi @ 05/25/16 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
88 OVR potential is not that much different than 92. Doesn't make sense to complain so much over such a small thing. He's been in league for two years. As you play YOUR franchise. His potential will changed anyway after year 1 based on his statistics. He could be a 82 Potetial or 95 potential. Every player had potential rerated, so an 88 for a 2 year pro doesn't seem bad. But HEY whatever gets your blood boiling
Complain? I said it quite clearly in the post--Opinion. People here get so uptight when an opinion differs from what they want to hear.

# 130 adamj2281 @ 05/25/16 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
Try lowering sp stamina to 0 then and RP to 3 for simming only
This works, ran through a season last night and ERA's were back in line.

Started playing a year with TNK's sliders, playing basically 1 game a series, first two weeks ERA's look to be in line.

All in all ran through a simulated year 1 of Franchise twice and ratings increases were varied.

# 131 DirtyCobra @ 05/25/16 12:44 PM
Hey Cavicchi aren't you the guy that sings Levels and Wake me up? Love those songs. I actually have them on the Sounds of the Show.

# 132 sportsgamer5761 @ 05/25/16 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
I am voicing my opinion not bashing the roster creators....
Opinions are welcome here...just as long as they coincide exactly with everyone else's. Contrary to popular opinion, it actually is possible to appreciate the work other people put into the roster, while still thinking that the ratings look a little wonky.

# 133 nycyankeefan52 @ 05/25/16 12:57 PM
Is there a spreadsheet with hybrid adjusted ratings for scea players available to view ? Thanks for the great work on the roster.

# 134 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/25/16 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
Opinions are welcome here...just as long as they coincide exactly with everyone else's. Contrary to popular opinion, it actually is possible to appreciate the work other people put into the roster, while still thinking that the ratings look a little wonky.
Glad you guys are figuring that out.

I think the issue everyone has with some pop-up posts in here is not the back and forth or difference of opinion (even though I've stated many, many times that these ratings are tied to projections...if you have issues, they're with the projections and/or people continue to neglect the explanation for where these ratings actually come from, which many find exasperating..having to explain over and over like Groundhog Day), but that people with no "skin in the game"--those who neither helped make it, didn't consult on it, aren't using it, don't plan to use it, and weren't asked for their opinion feel the need to be disagreeable in the sense that it's more about being 'right' or picking at something than providing legitimate constructive criticism.

Let's put it this way, imagine if I sauntered into every roster thread in this sub-forum and told everyone exactly what I think and pointed out any perceived flaws that I could find? What's the point? Would that be necessary? Why would I waste my time on doing that? That's the point, many of you lack a clean motivation (other than being disagreeable), and many gentlemen simply are not picking up on this as the reason they rub others the wrong way.

# 135 sportsgamer5761 @ 05/25/16 01:05 PM
Quote:
Glad you guys are figuring that out.

I think the issue everyone has with some pop-up posts in here is not the back and forth or difference of opinion (even though I've stated many, many times that these ratings are tied to projections...if you have issues, they're with the projections and/or people continue to neglect the explanation for where these ratings actually come from, which many find exasperating..having to explain over and over like Groundhog Day), but that people with no "skin in the game"--those who neither helped make it, didn't consult on it, aren't using it, don't plan to use it, and weren't asked for their opinion feel the need to be disagreeable in the sense that it's more about being 'right' or picking at something than providing legitimate constructive criticism.

Let's put it this way, imagine if I sauntered into every roster thread in this sub-forum and told everyone exactly what I think and pointed out any perceived flaws that I could find? What's the point? Would that be necessary? Why would I waste my time on doing that? That's the point, many of you lack a clean motivation (other than being disagreeable), and many gentlemen simply are not picking up on this as the reason they rub others the wrong way.
I get what you're saying, and I do agree, for the most part. There is no room for jerks or trolls. I just get frustrated when any dissenting opinion is treated as 'hating on' or 'bashing' something.

# 136 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/25/16 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
Fantastic job to everyone involved with this roster!!! Can't wait to start a franchise with these!

One quick question. When starting a 30 team control franchise, should I set the budgets to OFF because the contracts were edited?
No, you shouldn't have to. Everything seems to work fine with edited contracts--or at least no worse than with stock ones. The issue this year is perhaps teams have too much budget space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycyankeefan52
Is there a spreadsheet with hybrid adjusted ratings for scea players available to view ? Thanks for the great work on the roster.
No, nothing is being made public.

# 137 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/25/16 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
I get what you're saying, and I do agree, for the most part. There is no room for jerks or trolls. I just get frustrated when any dissenting opinion is treated as 'hating on' or 'bashing' something.
Dissent is ok and can be good when it leads to a fruitful argument filled with data and when people are able to let it go/back off and not let arguments drag on over multiple pages/days of attrition. Some people are wired to be argumentative for the sake of it, though.

When you're up against people arguing about why the grass is green after you've explained it for the 87th time (and some people are just too lazy or too lost to go find the answer that was given 5 posts earlier), it isn't useful to have that discussion frankly. To anything about ratings that people don't like: I say "projections!!"

# 138 BlingBling19 @ 05/25/16 01:11 PM
Just wanna say thank you to everyone who did an incredible job creating a truly phenomenal roster.

# 139 NeoOsiris @ 05/25/16 01:15 PM
Some of the Jays ratings are confusing. Why is Marco a 72, when he's got a 2.61 era with about 1-1 k/ip ratio over 51 ip...? He's our 2nd best pitcher behind Stroman to be honest, and a control freak with his fastball-changeup. Maybe a mistake, he should be like an and 83/84 to be honest.

# 140 sportsgamer5761 @ 05/25/16 01:18 PM
Quote:
Dissent is ok and can be good when it leads to a fruitful argument filled with data and when people are able to let it go/back off and not let arguments drag on over multiple pages/days of attrition. Some people are wired to be argumentative for the sake of it, though.

When you're up against people arguing about why the grass is green after you've explained it for the 87th time (and some people are just too lazy or too lost to go find the answer that was given 5 posts earlier), it isn't useful to have that discussion frankly. To anything about ratings that people don't like: I say "projections!!"
I definitely understand how that can be frustrating. I think I was making more of a general comment on some of the OS community who seem to take any opinion other than their own (no matter how constructively and respectfully stated) as an affront to all they hold dear. :-)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.