Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new juke move, along with a glimpse of the new score bug/banner (WIP). We've posted an image showing the differences between Madden NFL 16 (top) and Madden NFL 17 (bottom). Watch the video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Bigg Cee @ 05/25/16 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I do believe Rex or Clint said that the prompts were only visible on rookie and pro. So I'm sure its one of those difficulties.
There always been options in the settings menu to turn it all off. I'm not worried about that.

Every year I turn off all the crap that pops on to the tv screen, I even turned off the field goal arcs last year that everyone was using.

# 22 Grey_Osprey @ 05/25/16 02:58 PM
I know it's a video to showcase juke moves, but that looked way too easy. Chalk it up to a combination of rookie/pro level and the Saints D. lol

I hope the juke move doesn't become last years aggressive catch. And I'm glad that "guide" can be turned off (or is off) at higher settings. To each their own, but I could do without it.

# 23 BezO @ 05/25/16 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's a guide showing you where you will go, not where you should go.
Really? I would think the user would know where he's going. I thought it was an assist.

I guess a user could lose track of what direction he's moving the sticks.

# 24 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
yeah probably the difficulty setting plus he was also cut-blocked so there wasnt much he could do.
Well we do know that those icons come up on rookie and pro, so it stands to reason that this capture was on rookie or pro.

Also, let's think about what's happening here: they're showcasing a specific thing, in this case, a juke move. So they record until they find the perfect footage of this juke, and that's what goes up. The rest of the stuff in the clip doesn't matter at all for the purposes of this one thing that they're looking to show everyone, not just the hardest of the hardcore. It's not for us.

# 25 BezO @ 05/25/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I hate all the pop-ups icons, too, but there might not be a choice with Tackle Battle. I haven't heard you can turn that off yet. If it looks anything like the juke icon that popped up during this Juke video then it's definitely something I'd want to turn off immediately.
Yeah, that pop up is HUGE. Not making the tackle battle pop up optional would be a major oversight IMO.

# 26 PVarck31 @ 05/25/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I hate all the pop-ups icons, too, but there might not be a choice with Tackle Battle. I haven't heard you can turn that off yet. If it looks anything like the juke icon that popped up during this Juke video then it's definitely something I'd want to turn off immediately.
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can't turn off is the tackle battle prompt. But I believe MrPrice said its just a small less than 1 second face button that appears on the screen

# 27 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Really? I would think the user would know where he's going. I thought it was an assist.

I guess a user could lose track of what direction he's moving the sticks.
It's more like if you're sprinting to the right and move the stick to the left it shows that the runner will move in an arc back to the left. Or, when you juke and hold in a direction, the arrow will update to show your new pathing.

Look at how when he starts to turn the arrow indicates he's not currently going to make it to the end zone, so he has to continue to adjust. It seems like a feature that is made for people who are literally playing their first madden.

# 28 bad_philanthropy @ 05/25/16 03:04 PM
The running animation is still really weird. I think they need to incorporate a variety of stride lengths that are contextual. It seems like the stride length starting a run is the same as full speed—just slower or sped up.

# 29 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can't turn off is the tackle battle prompt. But I believe MPrice said its just a small less than 1 second face button that appears on the screen
This is correct. Tackle battles as of now cannot be turned off but are basically a flash of a button, about as long as the prompt is in this video, maybe a little less.

# 30 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Yeah, that pop up is HUGE. Not making the tackle battle pop up optional would be a major oversight IMO.
The pop ups scale with the gameplay camera, so on a less-zoomed in angle they won't be as big.

# 31 Bigg Cee @ 05/25/16 03:09 PM
Quote:
This is correct. Tackle battles as of now cannot be turned off but are basically a flash of a button, about as long as the prompt is in this video, maybe a little less.
A flash icon is ok, but not that big huge thing in the middle telling you were to go. lol

Yes I know it's on rookie but dam it just looked so ugly on the screen. I want all icons gone. I enjoy a clean look to my madden.

# 32 howboutdat @ 05/25/16 03:10 PM
Meanwhile, id still love to see this "new" juke move side by side with a juke, same direction in madden 16 ......Prove its new...

# 33 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
A flash icon is ok, but not that big huge thing in the middle telling you were to go. lol

Yes I know it's on rookie but dam it just looked so ugly on the screen. I want all icons gone. I enjoy a clean look to my madden.
Everything but the tackle battle prompt will be able to be turned off, and the tackle battle prompt will pop up a handful of times per game.

# 34 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:14 PM
Well,

the fakeout here is definitely new, and I like the awareness from the player getting blocked, who is still trying to look at the play while being engaged. Looks like holding there too.

# 35 howboutdat @ 05/25/16 03:17 PM
Quote:
Well,

the fakeout here is definitely new, and I like the awareness from the player getting blocked, who is still trying to look at the play while being engaged. Looks like holding there too.
Do you mean by the "fake out" the animation the defender who got faked out is doing? The juke move really doesnt look all that different to me.

# 36 J ROCK 05 @ 05/25/16 03:18 PM
So I notice the new score bug, so guessing no ESPN or CBS presentation packages?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

# 37 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Do you mean by the "fake out" the animation the defender who got faked out is doing? The juke move really doesnt look all that different to me.
It's still a lateral juke. It can only be so different. I don't think the knees and legs moved that way in 16 on that juke.

# 38 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I just booted up 16 and went into practice and it seems different than the one in 16. It's definitely a huge difference from the standard juke in 16. I'll make a gif or a vid here soon of 16 and 17 together.

# 39 roadman @ 05/25/16 03:31 PM
No way I could replicate that juke in 16.

# 40 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 03:36 PM
Let's take a look at Kenny Vaccaro on this play:

Lined up on the 10 in a 4-3 over look.

Play starts, Vaccaro stays wide and horizontal to the 10:

You can see his shadow on the right of the screen:

Once the toss is made, he starts to come forward:

But he's staying wide, hoping to push the play back inside:

Until he gets cut:

So, my question to people in this thread: how would you like to see Vaccarro play that? Is there a way where it can be done better?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.