Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new juke move, along with a glimpse of the new score bug/banner (WIP). We've posted an image showing the differences between Madden NFL 16 (top) and Madden NFL 17 (bottom). Watch the video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 PVarck31 @ 05/25/16 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Meanwhile, id still love to see this "new" juke move side by side with a juke, same direction in madden 16 ......Prove its new...
You've posted this twice now. They don't have to prove anything to you. Go look at 16 gameplay on youtube or something.

# 42 jeremym480 @ 05/25/16 03:49 PM
In the past few Madden's juking just hasn't felt responsive enough for me. It felt better in some of the Madden's and NCAA's from last gen than it has this gen. While the juke may not look too much different, if it is more responsive/effective, then that's a win to me.

# 43 howboutdat @ 05/25/16 03:51 PM
I apologize . Just didnt look that different . I find its easier to see comparisons when done side by side. But hey thats me. And would like to see it . Thanks to DeuceDouglas for working on it. Look forward to seeing it.

Im pretty sure i heard one of the game changers recently talking about how they see in person how things are different from the year before when they go to EA. Sorry but i think , even from a marketing standpoint, it would be a good thing to show the public the same thing. As far as showing comparisons from last year to this year in exactly how its different.But again thats just me.

# 44 khaliib @ 05/25/16 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Let's take a look at Kenny Vaccaro on this play:

Lined up on the 10 in a 4-3 over look.

Play starts, Vaccaro stays wide and horizontal to the 10:

You can see his shadow on the right of the screen:

Once the toss is made, he starts to come forward:

But he's staying wide, hoping to push the play back inside:

Until he gets cut:

So, my question to people in this thread: how would you like to see Vaccarro play that? Is there a way where it can be done better?
Not on these levels MrPrice.

Folk just nitpick and over react way too early when things are released no matter how often it's said its to highlight something specific.

The flow/speed of gameplay is smoother and of note is the fact that in previous Madden's, the side juke would be done in a 4yrd snap-jump, but is smooth looking here.

Running animations have definitely been cleaned up if compare to before.
Kind of an NCAA running feel to it (which isn't bad).

# 45 msdm27 @ 05/25/16 03:59 PM
Random comment: new scorebug looks CLEAN! Really nice

EDIT: Have they done something to DE alignment on Wide9 formations? The RE particularly seems quite wide, can't recall if it was like this on M16 (Probably 'cause it was shelved so long ago :/)

# 46 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Not on these levels MrPrice.

Folk just nitpick and over react way too early when things are released no matter how often it's said its to highlight something specific.

The flow/speed of gameplay is smoother and of note is the fact that in previous Madden's, the side juke would be done in a 4yrd snap-jump, but is smooth looking here.

Running animations have definitely been cleaned up if compare to before.
Kind of an NCAA running feel to it (which isn't bad).
Saw some people talking about how Vaccarro played it, was hoping to get something concrete feedback-wise. We'll see how it goes.

# 47 roadman @ 05/25/16 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I apologize . Just didnt look that different . I find its easier to see comparisons when done side by side. But hey thats me. And would like to see it . Thanks to DeuceDouglas for working on it. Look forward to seeing it.

Im pretty sure i heard one of the game changers recently talking about how they see in person how things are different from the year before when they go to EA. Sorry but i think , even from a marketing standpoint, it would be a good thing to show the public the same thing. As far as showing comparisons from last year to this year in exactly how its different.But again thats just me.
Well, to me, when one says, I don't see a difference, show me don't tell me, the first thing that runs across on my mind is wanting to prove false advertising.(I know you aren't about that, but that's the first thing I think of)

I just noticed a difference because I'm still playing 16.

# 48 SolidSquid @ 05/25/16 04:12 PM
Quote:
Let's take a look at Kenny Vaccaro on this play:

Lined up on the 10 in a 4-3 over look.

Play starts, Vaccaro stays wide and horizontal to the 10:

You can see his shadow on the right of the screen:

Once the toss is made, he starts to come forward:

But he's staying wide, hoping to push the play back inside:

Until he gets cut:

So, my question to people in this thread: how would you like to see Vaccarro play that? Is there a way where it can be done better?
He played it perfectly. The problem i have is in the actual video, when he get to the point of attack, where is taking on the blocker, he starts doing this weird shuffle thing instead of actually attacking the guys outside shoulder to force the cut back. Until i see raw gameplay though I'm not even gonna thing about it bc like others have said this is a video to showcase the juke nothing else matters.

Edit: actually it's not even a weird straffing thing, he literally sets himself up to be blocked the whole play. Most likely bc it's on rookie

# 49 undrafted @ 05/25/16 04:14 PM
As much as I like the juke move that follows, I can't help but find this animation disjointed (looks like the player keeps his right foot 'hanging' before starting to sprint)

# 50 howboutdat @ 05/25/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, to me, when one says, I don't see a difference, show me don't tell me, the first thing that runs across on my mind is wanting to prove false advertising.(I know you aren't about that, but that's the first thing I think of)

I just noticed a difference because I'm still playing 16.
No im def not, personally id rather see EA show more stuff like im asking, to show the actual differences for everyone to see. I feel its much easier to see in a comparison im talking about , thats all. I noticed more the defender animation being faked out as more noticable to me, than the juke , that is all.

# 51 Crunky @ 05/25/16 04:19 PM
The running back running motion looks funky to me the way the arms move. I haven't purchased a madden in 10yrs so for me to purchase they have to fix the running motion to me because it kills the immersion for me including the tackle battle button prompt. To this day I still play madden04 and the running motion side by side blows this game out the water. You guys should pressure them to fix it because as an outsider that looks really bad. I got my hopes up with all the hype I guess can go another year without my football fix till they fix the running motion. I can't see why not that juke move looked perfect.

# 52 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 04:20 PM
I tried to replicate and sync them up as best I could. Definitely is different and seems like the footplanting is a lot better and there are less wasted steps.

I'll edit this post with a slow motion one I'm uploading currently.

# 53 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
He played it perfectly. The problem i have is in the actual video, when he get to the point of attack, where is taking on the blocker, he starts doing this weird shuffle thing instead of actually attacking the guys outside shoulder to force the cut back. Until i see raw gameplay though I'm not even gonna thing about it bc like others have said this is a video to showcase the juke nothing else matters.

Edit: actually it's not even a weird straffing thing, he literally sets himself up to be blocked the whole play. Most likely bc it's on rookie
So you want him to more aggressively hit at the point of attack, and force the cut block sooner, or try to get the blocker out of position?

# 54 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I tried to replicate and sync them up as best I could. Definitely is different and seems like the footplanting is a lot better and there are less wasted steps.

Much wider base on the new one.

# 55 Cowboy008 @ 05/25/16 04:24 PM
Quote:

The new one does look a lot better.

# 56 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

This was pretty much my exact thought. Everything is good until he gets to the POA where starts to read and then gets blocked to the inside which made things look worse. But totally agree on the rookie part, the AI on those levels is absurdly dumb.

# 57 howboutdat @ 05/25/16 04:34 PM
Quote:

Thanks alot for this man! Great job. Now its easier to see a difference. For one , in 16 , the hb moved both left and right foot over to plant, then push off with both feet to cut back. Where in the 17 one , he pushes off with just 1 foot while left knee is bending alot . Nice job !

So i stand corrected , it does look better and different. As well illustrates my point, of how useful doing doing something like that could be helpful for advertising IMO.Makes things much clearer.

# 58 SolidSquid @ 05/25/16 04:34 PM
Quote:
So you want him to more aggressively hit at the point of attack, and force the cut block sooner, or try to get the blocker out of position?
Right defense is about controlled aggression, when he gets there he should meet that guy while keeping his outside leverage. I have no problem with the outcome of the interaction, it just looks terrible that he WAITS for the block to come to him.

# 59 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 04:42 PM
Here is the same GIF at half-speed for anyone that wanted to see it slowed down.

Spoiler

# 60 roadman @ 05/25/16 04:44 PM
So much more fluid and less "hoppy" vs 16.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.