Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new juke move, along with a glimpse of the new score bug/banner (WIP). We've posted an image showing the differences between Madden NFL 16 (top) and Madden NFL 17 (bottom). Watch the video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Seeing as this clip is likely on a low difficulty setting, I won't try to critique it directly in this post and it's nice to get some actual video while waiting on more blogs.

What I do wonder though, like EAGC Azzure brought up on their radio show after the Gronk trailer was released, why marketing or whoever, chooses to use lower difficulty settings in promotional videos. I've read people say year in and year out something to the effect of "they're using it to highlight x feature" but they can do that on higher difficulty settings too. It's not like it's being aired live, they can do how ever many takes it requires to capture a sweet highlight. To illustrate my point, take that RG3 trailer from M25, which again was used as an example before, that's hype and exciting because it seems realistic. Imo, having these features shown off using higher difficulty settings, where they presumably play out in a more realistic and contextual manner, would have more of a "wow" factor.
One reason that's becoming more of a factor than previous Madden's is to showcase the prompt and on-screen stuff but the fact that it could be also be displayed on a higher difficulty makes that irrelevant to your point. I'd say it's done simply because it's way easier. It's only a 17 second teaser and nothing huge marketing wise and being able to pull off back-to-back jukes like that to score would be a lot more time consuming on a higher difficulty. Not to say it couldn't or shouldn't be done but for something as small as a teaser trailer like this it makes sense from their side to make it as convenient as possible. And another thing would be that it would probably open them up to even more criticism and conclusion jumping over the moves being overpowered since they'd be likely be showcasing the same "wow" factor on a higher difficulty.

# 82 jpdavis82 @ 05/25/16 07:29 PM
Clint talking about S playing Force

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 83 SageInfinite @ 05/25/16 07:42 PM
Ok Tiburon, you caught that one......

# 84 Ampking101 @ 05/25/16 08:05 PM
Stretch play with an actual block on the outside, what is this magic?

I know some people are complaining about what they see in this but seriously I see it a little differently, just this little bit shown on an outside run gives me some hope they addressed blocking outside the hash marks. Nothing frustrated me more in 16 than the fact that even full backs can completely ignore defenders on the outside. This has been happening for years where they refuse to engage in a block with a player directly in front of them. I get a defender beating a player around a Blocker on a run but it is unforgivable that we still have issues with blockers running past defenders or straight out refusing to block a player directly in front of them allowing them a free shot at the ball carrier even when he is the only defender to beat.

# 85 BlackBetty15 @ 05/25/16 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Lol harsh, a lot of people don't understand the purpose of stretch and toss plays, it's not take it all the way out wide its find first daylight and hit it, and that's something Doug Martin is great at, would have loved to see him cut up sooner as you said.
Might have been the dev playing it up to setup the one on one. I am more interested if the CPU AI Doug Martin cuts it up

# 86 MajorSupreme @ 05/25/16 08:42 PM
There wasn't a small pause after the player scored and before Doug started dancing. And that looks like a new celebration.
#TheLittleThings

# 87 Tengo Juego @ 05/25/16 09:07 PM
Did he juke two players, or was the reverse angle just a replay? Also guessing this was on Pro, because of line path.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 88 jpdavis82 @ 05/25/16 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redux1000
Score banner looks basically the same to me. Not a huge deal obv but slightly disappointing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's not

# 89 jb12780 @ 05/25/16 09:23 PM
Definitely changed.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 90 Aggies7 @ 05/25/16 09:32 PM
Would have loved to see them keep the old score banner in there along with the new one for CFM Presentation purposes. Have one for NFC games and one for AFC games. Then the away team determines which score banner is used during NFC vs AFC games.

But still looked good to me.

# 91 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Did he juke two players, or was the reverse angle just a replay? Also guessing this was on Pro, because of line path.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reverse angle was the replay

# 92 SageInfinite @ 05/25/16 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's not

Am I buggin, or is that left end lined up kinda far out?

# 93 SolidSquid @ 05/25/16 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Wide 9, since there's no TE on his side he lines up on a ghost TE.

# 94 Tengo Juego @ 05/25/16 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Wide 9, the end is typically lined up like that.

# 95 SageInfinite @ 05/25/16 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Wide 9, since there's no TE on his side he lines up on a ghost TE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Wide 9, the end is typically lined up like that.
Thanx bros.....

# 96 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
I like the look of the juke animation but the little things are all messed up.

The running back is running at an angle full speed ahead towards the right sideline and plants on the inside foot to juke back to the left. There's to much going on in that juke to make that even possible. It should've been more of a cut up field if a plant is coming on the inside foot. That all needs slowed down. To much twitch in that juke going on there for a full speed cut.

It's little, maybe other people see it differently but the little things hold back gameplay in this series starting with straight line running animations.

edit. after watching it closer maybe the running back is planting with the inside foot to set up the juke to the left on the outside foot shifting momentum. maybe I could get clarification. as I mentioned the new juke move really looks classy, much improved.
He plants off the left, shifts weight to the right, then cuts back left.

# 97 Tengo Juego @ 05/25/16 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Reverse angle was the replay

Rewatched a few times, it's definitely two separate jukes. The first was on a LB, second was a DB. #50 & #42 I think were the numbers.

# 98 bifflefan30 @ 05/25/16 10:19 PM
Would be nice if they could use both scoreboards. Use one for Sunday day and night and use the other for Monday and Thursday

# 99 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Would have loved to see them keep the old score banner in there along with the new one for CFM Presentation purposes. Have one for NFC games and one for AFC games. Then the away team determines which score banner is used during NFC vs AFC games.

I'd love to see this as well and as far as I know it's still a possibility, at least until a dev says otherwise. But I'd imagine that would be something that they would talk about in either the CFM or presentation blog which will likely be the last two to drop. They've had so many different layouts over the years that they could easily have had one for AFC, NFC, SNF, MNF and TNF by now.

# 100 Cowboy008 @ 05/25/16 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7

It's a small thing that really does add a lot. Hopefully they did decide to keep the old one as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.