Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new hurdle move.

If you missed the new juke moves and score bug/banner, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 bpac55 @ 05/26/16 06:17 PM
wow those running animations are terrible. When have you seen a skill position player run like that? He is swinging his arms like he is a 5 year old kid playing tag in the back yard.

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 05/26/16 06:18 PM
That spot where AB bounced of Carter while he was still engaged in a block looked sweet.

# 3 NateDogPack12 @ 05/26/16 06:18 PM
I changed your title for you so the thread topic is more clear. The animation looked roughly the same to me. Let's also hope an infrequently used move like the hurdle isn't overpowered.

# 4 smiley3 @ 05/26/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
wow those running animations are terrible. When have you seen a skill position player run like that? He is swinging his arms like he is a 5 year old kid playing tag in the back yard.

Needs a huge overhaul, I still don't know why some players still look like they are running and shuffling sideways at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 DeuceDouglas @ 05/26/16 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
Yeah, that looked really bad and was the first thing I noticed. It looked like the type of animation you should see when a player is exhausted.

# 6 PVarck31 @ 05/26/16 06:25 PM
Yeah those running animations are weird. The arm swinging is really off-putting. I hope maybe that will be different in retail. The hurdle did look good though.

# 7 mrprice33 @ 05/26/16 06:26 PM
Some of the hurdle collisions this year ooooooo weeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 Cyborg_Jets @ 05/26/16 06:29 PM
hurdle looked quite nice.

but my god...we need a major overhaul on running animations. It looks so unnatural.

# 9 Crunky @ 05/26/16 06:30 PM
Can the game changers please pressure the devs to clean up the running motions because humans don't run like that with their arms swinging in that motion. If fixed I would so purchase the game as a first day buy.

# 10 Cowboy008 @ 05/26/16 06:34 PM
The running animation looks bad. The hurdle was nice though.

# 11 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/26/16 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
That running animation was ugly, the break tackle spin was unnatural looking, and that last tackle animation has been in the game forever. Looks like they used the Todd Gurley hurdle for all players, that's so Madden, smh.
One hurdle video and you make this assessment. Now that's smh.

# 12 mrprice33 @ 05/26/16 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
Can the game changers please pressure the devs to clean up the running motions because humans don't run like that with their arms swinging in that motion. If fixed I would so purchase the game as a first day buy.
Hopefully soon.

# 13 PVarck31 @ 05/26/16 07:43 PM
I just looked at the juke video again and the running animations were much better. The arms weren't flying up like in the hurdle video. So that leaves some questions.

# 14 DeuceDouglas @ 05/26/16 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I just looked at the juke video again and the running animations were much better. The arms weren't flying up like in the hurdle video. So that leaves some questions.
Maybe they have different animations based on player types? Doug Martin being a smaller, compact player vs. AB who is lenky.

# 15 Cnada @ 05/26/16 08:23 PM
I hope the Hurdle works differently, dont think ive ever pulled off a successful one yet and maybe gotten a few fumbles from it

# 16 PVarck31 @ 05/26/16 08:52 PM
Maybe JP can find out something on twitter about the running animations.

# 17 Crunky @ 05/26/16 09:00 PM
The running motion reminds me of Woody from Toy Story.

# 18 apollon42 @ 05/26/16 09:04 PM

Hurdles are nothing new

# 19 apollon42 @ 05/26/16 09:07 PM
The problem I have is are we going to see 7 hurdles a game like that Odell Beckham catch last year? Or that David Tyree catch that was in the game forever. There may be like 5 players to get hurdled in an entire season. But I have a feeling it's going to happen all the time.

# 20 DeuceDouglas @ 05/26/16 09:13 PM
I know this is supposed to be about the hurdle and not gameplay but it still bugs me how the gunner on left side of the field isn't even 15 yards down the field by the time AB is catching and returning a 65+ yard punt. I'm well aware it's a short clip on a low level but that has been a legacy issue. Hopefully it will be something touched on in the special teams blog.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.